• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wasps?

Dai Perk

Bench Player
Country Flag
United States
Club or Nation
Scotland
Hey, y'all. Just now watching this weekend's Wasps/Saints matchup ... I have to ask, what's up with Wasps? They seem so lackluster and bored, is there some reason they're not doing better? I really thought Lima would make a big difference for them, but they seem utterly at a loss... can any Wasps fans enlighten me?

Hey, y'all. Just now watching this weekend's Wasps/Saints matchup ... I have to ask, what's up with Wasps? They seem so lackluster and bored, is there some reason they're not doing better? I really thought Lima would make a big difference for them, but they seem utterly at a loss... can any Wasps fans enlighten me?

Not that I'm a Wasps fan but we keep hearing about the financial problems at Wasps (there's a thread about it somewhere) and if it really is as bad as it seems, that pressure probably will make its way onto the pitch at some point.

They are haemorrhaging money atm.

I was at the game and wasps just looked slow and lathargic. Their forwards didn't have that bite to them and the backs without wade and Daly looked rather average.

Try being a Tigers fan

Wow, didn't know about their money troubles... maybe offering Lima a big contract was a mistake?...

Not that I'm a Wasps fan but we keep hearing about the financial problems at Wasps (there's a thread about it somewhere) and if it really is as bad as it seems, that pressure probably will make its way onto the pitch at some point.

They are haemorrhaging money atm.

Yeah so are Sarries and surprisingly the RFU who according to the Rugby paper have debts of up to 100 million. The recent departure of Mr Brown was down to Eddie over spending his budget by a million.

Yeah so are Sarries and surprisingly the RFU who according to the Rugby paper have debts of up to 100 million. The recent departure of Mr Brown was down to Eddie over spending his budget by a million.

The RFU will be fine, they just make so much money per home game... Sarries, well... all dependent on benevolence I guess and that can go sideways overnight.

The RFU will be fine, they just make so much money per home game... Sarries, well... all dependent on benevolence I guess and that can go sideways overnight.
Im not sure about the RFU its a massive debt and its gotten worse not better so there a continal hemerage which they cannot seem to stop.

Im not sure about the RFU its a massive debt and its gotten worse not better so there a continal hemerage which they cannot seem to stop.

That is crazy... apart from the Twickers redevelopment, what the f**k are they spending all the money on (that other unions aren't)?

project players! Obviously!

Sorry couldn't help myself.

International, Grassroots & Women's Rugby
Sure England make a ton of money on their 7-8 home games a season but after that lost of things are just cost. They make money from other things but there very little 'team ownership' in sport that makes money even major football teams barely break even.

Hell Bath only have money because of our sugardaddy he's not actually making money out of the club.

Sure England make a ton of money on their 7-8 home games a season but after that lost of things are just cost. They make money from other things but there very little 'team ownership' in sport that makes money even major football teams barely break even.

Hell Bath only have money because of our sugardaddy he's not actually making money out of the club.

Maybe I was being a bit naive but the RFU just make so much money compared to everyone else that I thought it would be as simple case of just outspending your competition without spending what you don't have.

I know the WRU are still paying off the stadium (& apparently that debt is in a good place) but even with trying to subsidise the regions they don't appear to be spending themselves into a hole.

We have a lot more costs than others,
RFU funding goes into grassroots, academies, age grade, counties, students, women's game is now central contracts, 7s team has central contracts etc

Plus I imagine the blazers are paid far more than they're worth.

RFU funding goes into grassroots, academies, age grade, counties, students, women's game is now central contracts, 7s team has central contracts etc

Oooh I dunno... those blazers are fine!

Yeah they cutting right back on the grass roots stuff think they have let go most of the consultants they used to send to work with small clubs.

I bet they never broke the salary cap either...

Latest posts