• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wasps Accounts

Don't read too much in to cheap journalism like this - a small rag hack has clearly turned annual accounts in to easy column inches. Usually in situations like this, the club's Sports Network forum will have enlightening comments.

If you want to fish for a scandal, how about London Welsh? Sad and telling in equal measure that there has been no comment here about that.

Can't find the published accounts for a proper look but it doesn't seem too bad.

They do need to get a handle on costs or get the revenues up but they seem to have that in hand and they're in a net positive position at the moment.

Was a rally ballsy move by Wasps I think and, despite my misgivings about franchise rugby, I'm hoping they can make a go of it.

Aren't their accounts overdue? Just pulled out of the planned shared training ground thing with City academy too.

Murmurings that all is not well with Wasps Holdings Limited...

Isnt the Cov observer very pro Coventry city who for some reason have an axe to grind with Wasps?

Well given that most City fans and a lot of people in Coventry want Wasps gone you can hardly blame the paper for trying to sell its papers.

If Coventry got back to the championship and got 20K plus every week etc then Wasps position there would be even more unwelcome. Cov will probably rise again and will not want to share with Wasps.

Well given that most City fans and a lot of people in Coventry want Wasps gone you can hardly blame the paper for trying to sell its papers.

If Coventry got back to the championship and got 20K plus every week etc then Wasps position there would be even more unwelcome. Cov will probably rise again and will not want to share with Wasps.

Yeah Coventry have hardly helped themselves have they? Refused to pay rent at the Rihco in the hope the council would give them the ground for free and cried like hell when Wasps came in an brought it.

Sorry no sympathy with that football club and even with 20k supporters a week they would only just cover the wage bill they have no assets or any real backing.

Yeah Coventry have hardly helped themselves have they? Refused to pay rent at the Rihco in the hope the council would give them the ground for free and cried like hell when Wasps came in an brought it.

Sorry no sympathy with that football club and even with 20k supporters a week they would only just cover the wage bill they have no assets or any real backing.

I haven't got any sympathy either just going on what I'm hearing which is that Wasps are struggling.

Aren't their accounts overdue? Just pulled out of the planned shared training ground thing with City academy too.

Murmurings that all is not well with Wasps Holdings Limited...

A quick look on the Companies House website shows that their accounts for y/e 30/6/16 were submitted on 31/3/17, meaning that their accounts for y/e 30/6/16 won't be overdue until the 1st of April next year unless I'm missing something.

Where can these murmurings be read or heard?

I dont know, I dont think they are loosing or in as much debt as Sarries and they have just brought a ground which tends to look bad in the balance sheet. Many clubs operate at a loss and with debts, lets see.

Thanks. Re: the second link, I can't say as I had a clue what I was looking at to be honest, but couldn't see any obvious reference to anything being overdue.

The other two were TL;DL, but having read the first page of the forum thread, there's nothing to convince me that anyone posting there has any sort of insight, it strikes me for the most part as a lot of bitter people gleefully predicting the outcome that they'd like to see. I was ready to suggest taking the newspaper article with a pinch of salt, but what I read of it (it did go on a bit) seems very fair and balanced and doesn't seem too grim.

Thanks. Re: the second link, I can't say as I had a clue what I was looking at to be honest, but couldn't see any obvious reference to anything being overdue.

The other two were TL;DL, but having read the first page of the forum thread, there's nothing to convince me that anyone posting there has any sort of insight, it strikes me for the most part as a lot of bitter people gleefully predicting the outcome that they'd like to see. I was ready to suggest taking the newspaper article with a pinch of salt, but what I read of it (it did go on a bit) seems very fair and balanced and doesn't seem too grim.

You'd think that late October or early November they would have released another, cant you see the pattern?

Lots. Firstly, all of those links are 404s, secondly, the dates don't correspond with those reported by Companies House (whose website also confirms my belief that their accounts are due by 31st March 2018). The others are a matter of opinion.

So the London Stock exchange website is wrong?

You're clicking the list of dates, I only copied them in as what they were...the links only work if you go to this link instead:

http://www.londonstockexchange.com/...ds/company-summary/XS1221940510ZZGBPUKCP.html

So the 14/15 financial year results were published late October 2015

15/16 oct 2016

16/17 haven't been published yet? They released half year figures but not the full whack.

Wasps from what i hear are not in the best of positions currently. (although in the business worlds things can change in just like that).

(Saying that i'm not a fan of Wasps soooooooooooooooooo that might influence what i can hear....)

So the London Stock exchange website is wrong?

I'd be inclined to believe the organisation charged with collecting the information over a third party in this instance and if questioned would be inclined to check any of the plethora of other websites out there to confirm what I had claimed.

Latest posts