• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Web-site & Trailer

Originally posted by ak47@Dec 14 2005, 02:04 PM
EA will lose!!!
Not really. Rugby 2006 will make more than double anything Swordfish's game will, and that's the only thing that really counts in development terms.

Quickly, someone tell me how I can send emails to Ubi soft demanding they allow swordfish to making buying rugby games!

Originally posted by Wally+Dec 14 2005, 02:52 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wally @ Dec 14 2005, 02:52 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-ak47
@Dec 14 2005, 02:04 PM
EA will lose!!!
Not really. Rugby 2006 will make more than double anything Swordfish's game will, and that's the only thing that really counts in development terms. [/b]
I dunno bout that mate

check out BLIC/RPIC....its smashed EA on the charts, and a sequel on its way, for an eventual new #1 contendor

I guess coz we know this will be the last rugby from swrodfish u may be right

but EA will lose my sale.....perhaps even los' aswell...thus we together will not only halve but will account for all sales
<

For the 1st time ever in rugby - i get to choose...they come out too close to get both....like BLIC, i will be smart, and buy the non-ea version

So is it just me that thinks the gameplay looks exactly like WCR? I can't see many differences to WCR from that trailer by itself. Obviously graphics and features have been added, couple of new tackle animations, but the general play looks identical, which really takes away a level of anticipation I previously had for this game.

Originally posted by Wally+Dec 14 2005, 02:52 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wally @ Dec 14 2005, 02:52 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-ak47
@Dec 14 2005, 02:04 PM
EA will lose!!!
Not really. Rugby 2006 will make more than double anything Swordfish's game will, and that's the only thing that really counts in development terms. [/b]
Yeah, but only because of God (aka Los Lover).

Nah, I feels it's pretty safe to say that EA Sports will outsell Swordfish unfortunately. The mainstream gamers will be sucked in by the marketing giant, and RC2006, having very little coverage will lose out.

It's a shame.

Oh, and to the couple of guys that said that it looks like WCR in the trailor, I disagree. Sure, it has the same rucks, lineouts and a couple of other animations, but it just looks so damn smooth. It looks FUN as well, and even though its a video, it LOOKS like you can do whatever the hell you want. Even EAs trailor of pre-set animations looks very restricted. Almost like a tech demo...Only ****. Both trailors look damn fine, but given the fact that we have gameplay footage that looks just as good as the Rugby 06 advertisement, I am very, VERY confident that Swordfish will produce the goods.

...And to think, if Ubi etc. hadn't ****** about, we'd be playing it right now...

Looks great but i don't think i can handle playing with funny names unfortunately.
<

I quite liked Rugby 2005 besides the screwed player statisics like Luke MacClasiters goal kicking and what not. So i'm not to bothered and looking foward to 2006. But the RC2006 gameplay looks very silky indeed.

mayn this game looks awesome.

its like jlo rugby... on drugs. fast gameplay, good passing, tacking, room to move etc. the only thing i dont like about it is the kicking. it looks similar to wcr, and the whole fan aiming thing i dont really like.

also the rucks dont look half bad. i cant say they look superb, and i really dont expect any real ruck simulator in the near future, but this looks good. it looks like the jlo ones, which were the best. also i like how the try celebrations are strait after they put the ball on the grass.

but a question for you trev, like every other rugby game, you can dive back over the line, so you place the ball outside the tryline, if this happens, will the player still do the celebration? meaning still lose control of the ball?

I don't know if anyone is having the same trouble as me but when I go to the website I get a blank white screen . Am I mssing something ?

Originally posted by captainamerica@Dec 14 2005, 06:54 AM
Think the trailer looks great - game looks brilliant.
Wish to hell it were coming out here.

Had a quick look through the Be A Part of WCR 2 thread to see if any of the names that came up on the Select Squad part of the clip were TRF. Only found one:

1. Mark Povey
2. Daniel Clancy
3. Daniel Moorne
4. Dennis Tuisamoa â€" Chiro’s mate
5. Irfan Ahktar
6. Simon Wright
7. Chris Rocks
8. Scott Phillips
9. Tangay de Possesse
10. David Blanc

The next clip is an entire page devoted to Ripper and his **** poor FlyHalf stats.
Handling: 11
Kicking: 27
Speed: 12
Power: 12

Incidentally, Ripper costs 1,200 cr. while Chiro's mate costs 4,700 cr.

That's someone who actually walks around in public and says 'my friend' when referring to Chiro.

No wonder the game isn't being released in the States - it'd never make it though US customs with those kinds of morals.
NAH NAH NAH THATS MY BIG CUZZIN!!!!!!

WOOOOHOOOOO...HES GONNA BE HAPPY AZ HELL..

one of my most feared jonah lomu rugby rivalz!!..but i kickd his ass like 21 games straight..forcing him to not play the darn thing anymore(actually he gave his game to me afta ours broke coz he KNEW!!!..i wudve stole it anyway)

BUT WOOOOOHOOOOO!!! YEEEAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!

HES IN AND MY OTHER CUZZIES AND MY BRO AND MY MATEZ..YEEEEEAAAAAUUUHHH

AND MEEEEEE

WOOOOOO....AND HES BETTER THAN RIPPER!!! HAHAHAHA

AND HeS A PURE LEAGUE PLAYER!! HAW-HAW-HAW..shotty captain!! thanx fo that

i havent seen the clip but ill get it 2morro!! wooohooo..im in a video game!!!!
<

Originally posted by Hypnotised@Dec 14 2005, 03:17 PM
So is it just me that thinks the gameplay looks exactly like WCR? I can't see many differences to WCR from that trailer by itself. Obviously graphics and features have been added, couple of new tackle animations, but the general play looks identical, which really takes away a level of anticipation I previously had for this game.
Its always going to look similar as it uses the same engine but as lox said it even plays better than it looks.

sc-15.jpg

Is it me or do the players in black look like they are trying out for Strictly Come Dancing?

<

That diving over the line pic above is the only one that's not hugely impressive... or that I've noticed anyway. I really like this one...

sc-06.jpg

for a number of reasons:

1. The kits look great, as does the pitch (nice shadow from the stand)

2. A nice little touch that it shows the pack weights

3. Scrummaging system looks very well designed - I like the fact that Stade have a larger bit to aim for as it's their put in (wonder if this is affected by pack weight?)

I know it's sad reading so much into one screenshot, but got to fill the time somehow... not like I'll bother playing much more RL2

Alright, I've got one little gripe -- though I could be wrong.

In the Trailer when the "Legend Match" comes up - NWZ v SAF - South Africa are wearing white jerseys.

I've exhausted every resource I could find and found nothing about South Africa wearing white against New Zealand.

In 1953 the Springboks wore white when they played against Australia, who used to wear green, but then went to gold in 1961. If you care, click here to read more (go to bottom of page)

Now -- the simple reason for the clip in the Trailer could be that to accomodate the 'old-timey' black n' white look of certain Classic/Legend matches, Black and Dark Green would be difficult to distinguish.

I do, however, have trouble buying that because the pitch is still greenish.

If I'm correct, I understand I'm being fantastically pedantic.
If I'm wrong and there was such a match, please tell me as I'd like to ammend my files.

In that same clip capt' did you notice how the screen border became rounded at the corners to give the appearance of an old style tv... I thought that was a nice touch

... I have a feeling that your "old-timey" black & dark green colours being too similar is the very reason why the 'boks are playing in white

Yeah, I was confused by those jerseys.

toup - I'd say a 2kg pack difference wouldn't make that much of a difference in that little meter thingy, I'd say it's more likely the scrummaging skill and/or homeground advantage?

Originally posted by JJ-@Dec 15 2005, 09:44 AM
toup - I'd say a 2kg pack difference wouldn't make that much of a difference in that little meter thingy, I'd say it's more likely the scrummaging skill and/or homeground advantage?
I agree, I didn't mean pack weight in this instance, but would be interesting to know what factors affect that... Trev? I assume the side putting in get a natural advantage and then other factors may come into it.

Originally posted by Hayden Shaw@Dec 14 2005, 08:53 PM
Looks great but i don't think i can handle playing with funny names unfortunately.
<

I quite liked Rugby 2005 besides the screwed player statisics like Luke MacClasiters goal kicking and what not. So i'm not to bothered and looking foward to 2006. But the RC2006 gameplay looks very silky indeed.
HOW IRNOIC

Originally posted by Air Ben@Dec 14 2005, 09:41 AM
Trailer looks funky, but must admit although the game looks a massive step-up in detail the gameplay doesn't look THAT much different even though the game does look very sexy indeed.

Anyone who cannot get the video up here is a suggestion.

1) Right click on picture and then left click on properties.

2) Copy the ADDRESS.

3) Paste the ADDRESS into the open URL feature in Window's Media Player.

Should come straight up. HINT: The correct thing to copy will have WMV on the end of the filename.
Doesn't work for me
<

Originally posted by sanzar@Dec 14 2005, 02:54 PM
Quickly, someone tell me how I can send emails to Ubi soft demanding they allow swordfish to making buying rugby games!
Hey Sanzar....email Yves Guillemont.......judging by this he is an up front kind of guy

I cannot believe this...............u wont see it very often

Read

Don't buy King Kong for Xbox 360 says Ubi Soft CEO

Too dark for Yves Guillemot

In a move that baffles us at PALGN, Ubi Soft CEO Yves Guillemot has told the BBC that fans should avoid the Xbox 360 version of King Kong, as he believes the brightness mars the experience.

"I'm a bit disappointed that we didn't see it when we were developing the game," he told the BBC News website. "We have a problem on the 360," said Mr Guillemot. "The screen is dark on some TVs and it totally changes the experience. When it's dark, you don't see where you have to go."

Apparently the bug is due to the development team only testing the game on high definition TVs, with King Kong lacking the TV settings of other games such as Perfect Dark Zero, which offers an option for the player to select what type of TV they're using, with the game adjusting the brightness levels accordingly.

"We are looking to see if we can fix the code," said Mr Guillemot. "It is the beginning of the high-definition TV era for us. It's a shame, but it happens with new machines. I don't think we will have it anymore."

Mr. Guillemot ended the piece, suggesting that fans would be better off experiencing the game on current generation consoles. "When you play on an Xbox or a PlayStation 2, you start to see that it is beautiful," he said.

AMAZING HONOSTY
<

Didn't Trev promise some kind of realease date on the new website?

Seeing the trailer made me so excited about the game, I really want to play it!

So does anyone know when the game will be coming out?

Coco

Latest posts