• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Web-site & Trailer

I like the fact that changes of direction seem to work in running through the defence... you see it on a couple of clips. Would have liked to see some sidesteps etc but animation so far looks silky... hopefully we'll see more things like that and offloads in another trailer or try them out in a demo (hint hint).

Gr8 stuff. Certainly not afraid to show proper in game footage from an actual camera angle which speaks volumes.

Great vid - I recon this game will be the most fun to play. Would like to see some different camera angles though. Not so keen on side view although looks much better than Rugby 2005

yes unlike ea whose just worked that, its like theyve hired an animation company to string there together whereas rc06 is much more reliable as its actually from the game - gr8 stuff

Originally posted by toup@Dec 14 2005, 04:26 AM
I like the fact that changes of direction seem to work in running through the defence... you see it on a couple of clips. Would have liked to see some sidesteps etc but animation so far looks silky... hopefully we'll see more things like that and offloads in another trailer or try them out in a demo (hint hint).
I spoke about that very thing in a recent post. The fact that the control alone along with the speed allowed you to beat defenders. Forget the step, forget the fend, just contolling your player allowed you to do this.

Woah the trailer looks amazing. The passing looks so smooth and I loved the dump tackle! Everything looks smooth and not mechanical like EA. I love the bit from the career mode. It all looks awesome! Everything looks great, I can't wait to the actual game comes out!

Coco

Can`t seem to view trailer any suggestions. When I click on the media option it just goes to the top of the page.

Originally posted by loratadine@Dec 14 2005, 01:35 AM
yes but dominguez has been retired for a good few years.
The guy's retired about five times.

Could, of course, be a Classic team/tournament.

Originally posted by TheBokke@Dec 13 2005, 06:08 PM
Can`t seem to view trailer any suggestions. When I click on the media option it just goes to the top of the page.
Use the link above in this thread and 'save target as'

That looks really, reall good. Puts the old EA one to shame, those dumps are savage.
No question as to which game I'm buying now.

Still no sign of a release date, although doesn't 'bientot disponsable' mean something along the lines of 'available soon'?

Just a small question I've got that maybe Trev or someone else could answer:

Will you be able to change the camera angle to behind your players?

I just prefer it like that and it's easier to see what's in front of you, I hope that we can.

Coco

Originally posted by Coco@Dec 14 2005, 05:30 AM
Just a small question I've got that maybe Trev or someone else could answer:

Will you be able to change the camera angle to behind your players?

I just prefer it like that and it's easier to see what's in front of you, I hope that we can.

Coco
You can change it to behind. Theres no way I could play on a side cam.

Great because I find it really difficult to play with a side cam, behind it much easier. Thanks for clearing that up.

Coco

Originally posted by el_tk@Dec 14 2005, 05:17 AM
Still no sign of a release date, although doesn't 'bientot disponsable' mean something along the lines of 'available soon'?
Yes it does... although 'soon' is a very amibguous term...

Originally posted by knowsleyroader+Dec 14 2005, 04:34 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (knowsleyroader @ Dec 14 2005, 04:34 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-toup
@Dec 14 2005, 04:26 AM
I spoke about that very thing in a recent post. The fact that the control alone along with the speed allowed you to beat defenders. Forget the step, forget the fend, just contolling your player allowed you to do this. [/b]
Yeah, I remembered reading that, and it's clear to see in the trailer. Assume there's still a use for steps etc? Looks very solid indeed, franchise mode looks very in-depth too

Think the trailer looks great - game looks brilliant.
Wish to hell it were coming out here.

Had a quick look through the Be A Part of WCR 2 thread to see if any of the names that came up on the Select Squad part of the clip were TRF. Only found one:

1. Mark Povey
2. Daniel Clancy
3. Daniel Moorne
4. Dennis Tuisamoa â€" Chiro’s mate
5. Irfan Ahktar
6. Simon Wright
7. Chris Rocks
8. Scott Phillips
9. Tangay de Possesse
10. David Blanc

The next clip is an entire page devoted to Ripper and his **** poor FlyHalf stats.
Handling: 11
Kicking: 27
Speed: 12
Power: 12

Incidentally, Ripper costs 1,200 cr. while Chiro's mate costs 4,700 cr.

That's someone who actually walks around in public and says 'my friend' when referring to Chiro.

No wonder the game isn't being released in the States - it'd never make it though US customs with those kinds of morals.

did anyone catch any of the career mode player names? Any recognizable ones?

edit: Cheers Captain
<

Sorry to be spamming but I can't the link to work, so can someone please get another link please??

Edit: It's ok I found another link, lo res but still I saw it

Originally posted by toup+Dec 14 2005, 06:50 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (toup @ Dec 14 2005, 06:50 AM)</div>
Originally posted by knowsleyroader@Dec 14 2005, 04:34 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-toup
@Dec 14 2005, 04:26 AM

I spoke about that very thing in a recent post. The fact that the control alone along with the speed allowed you to beat defenders. Forget the step, forget the fend, just contolling your player allowed you to do this.
Yeah, I remembered reading that, and it's clear to see in the trailer. Assume there's still a use for steps etc? Looks very solid indeed, franchise mode looks very in-depth too [/b]
Yeah there is still a use for the step. I think you would have a better chance of beating a man 1 on 1 with the step where as you would be better served using control and speed to make a break through two or three defenders.

Doubt the step would serve you well up the middle whereas a bit of well timed control and speed would.

Latest posts