• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Web-site & Trailer

The trailer looks cool, the screenshots look great and the website aint bad ...apart from the english, particularly in the helpful hints section!

I had a job working out what the hell they were talking about..... i suspect they were describing a sidestep when they talk about "outflanking guidelines", and a hand-off when they say "block"???

....and what the hell is "touch and alignment"?

I know it has nothing to do with Swordfish.... its those bloody frogs... first they delay the launch of what could be the greatest rugby game of all time and know they are having a go at our language!
<

Nice work Trev, I'm so impressed I've just placed my order on play.com (£18 btw !!!!)...but I have a question....

....seeing as some of the licenses for the Southern Hemisphere aren't in place do you think "someone" will leak the intended player names somewhere on the internet... maybe somewhere discreet like TRF???
<

Originally posted by The Kiddie@Dec 14 2005, 07:23 AM
and know they are having a go at our language!
<
HOW IRNOIC

--------------

Anyway, the trailor looks DAYUM fun. Who else saw the wicked little flick pass back inside near the end, out on the wing? That was a sweet try.

Everything just looks so smooth. In the screens it looks like WCR with wicked graphics, but now that I've seen the movie, it doesn't look like WCR at all. It looks fun, and damn near perfect. Packed with simple hardnuts gameplay...

So close....Yet SOO far away.

Hell, if it wasn't summer then I'd go into hibernation for a few months...

jeez guys its only a few weeks, after christmass and the new year youve only got to wait for a month, thats four weeks, not long at all.

i think it does look like wcr, but its looks so much better, im really pleased with the way it looks, and that the forwards can actually run,

one grip though, why is england owning wales - come one guys - be realistic thats not going to happen anytime soon.
<

the demos up on the website now - you can see it in english

you can play legend matches.

Originally posted by loratadine@Dec 14 2005, 08:15 AM
one grip though, why is england owning wales - come one guys - be realistic thats not going to happen anytime soon.
<
What do you mean??.......the six nations aint that far away now.......
<

I like what I see.

The big thing for me is the movement, and sense of being able to run effectively in open play (ie. space to move).

Ability to simply change direction and beat a man (without the step or fend buttons), and more "one on one" confrontations in the backlines.

This looks to have the vital gameplay ingredients that RL2 is sorely missing - roll on the next couple of months!

Originally posted by loratadine@Dec 13 2005, 08:18 PM

Where's this?

Originally posted by harrison2468+Dec 14 2005, 08:24 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (harrison2468 @ Dec 14 2005, 08:24 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-loratadine
@Dec 13 2005, 08:18 PM

Where's this? [/b]
Click the swordfish banner at the top of this forum........

Originally posted by Ride The Cliche+Dec 13 2005, 08:28 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ride The Cliche @ Dec 13 2005, 08:28 PM)</div>
Originally posted by harrison2468@Dec 14 2005, 08:24 AM

Where's this?
Click the swordfish banner at the top of this forum........ [/b]
I mean in the website itself? I can't find this demo anywhere.

Originally posted by harrison2468+Dec 13 2005, 09:29 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (harrison2468 @ Dec 13 2005, 09:29 PM)</div>
Originally posted by Ride The Cliche@Dec 13 2005, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by harrison2468@Dec 14 2005, 08:24 AM

Where's this?

Click the swordfish banner at the top of this forum........
I mean in the website itself? I can't find this demo anywhere. [/b]
Think he meant movie, not demo.

Genuinely impressed with the look of the game and its gameplay elements...

Well done Swordfish... it looks as tho this game has been made with a fair amount of care and attention as opposed to shovelling just anything out for a certain date and to appease the masses

... didn't Trev mention perhaps a mid-Jan release? ... I hope so, for me thats effectively a very short wait then; what with Christmas and its run-in, plus a skiing holiday to come in the period before the release - I'll have little time to dwell on the delay

Once again, well done to Trev and all the guys who put the effort in so this could see the light of day - I hope it meets everyones expectations

Trailer looks funky, but must admit although the game looks a massive step-up in detail the gameplay doesn't look THAT much different even though the game does look very sexy indeed.

Anyone who cannot get the video up here is a suggestion.

1) Right click on picture and then left click on properties.

2) Copy the ADDRESS.

3) Paste the ADDRESS into the open URL feature in Window's Media Player.

Should come straight up. HINT: The correct thing to copy will have WMV on the end of the filename.

Originally posted by captainamerica@Dec 14 2005, 06:54 AM
Think the trailer looks great - game looks brilliant.
Wish to hell it were coming out here.

Had a quick look through the Be A Part of WCR 2 thread to see if any of the names that came up on the Select Squad part of the clip were TRF. Only found one:

1. Mark Povey
2. Daniel Clancy
3. Daniel Moorne
4. Dennis Tuisamoa â€" Chiro’s mate
5. Irfan Ahktar
6. Simon Wright
7. Chris Rocks
8. Scott Phillips
9. Tangay de Possesse
10. David Blanc

The next clip is an entire page devoted to Ripper and his **** poor FlyHalf stats.
Handling: 11
Kicking: 27
Speed: 12
Power: 12

Incidentally, Ripper costs 1,200 cr. while Chiro's mate costs 4,700 cr.

That's someone who actually walks around in public and says 'my friend' when referring to Chiro.

No wonder the game isn't being released in the States - it'd never make it though US customs with those kinds of morals.
Haha that's mint. I still don't understand how we are all worked into the game. Are we in a big squad that can be chosen for the fourth division team?

In my honest opinion, I don't think that movie does the game justice at all. Just by watching that, you'd be forgiven for thinking it's WCR all over again, but believe me, it's not.

RC2006 has THE BEST control system of any rugby game to date bar none. The fact that you can run from the base of the ruck and dart between forwards with a quick press of the sprint button had me grinning all day. The control really is responsive to the point of perfection, and the kicking system is fantastic.

Roll on February

is there create a player and customize players in RC2005? it will be a shame if there isnt

WOW

looks amazing

smooth passing, mad rucks, mad tackles, and an overall lomu looking gameplay speed.

the fact it isnt dollied up speaks volumes

that is core CORE HARD CORE, gameplay footage

i dont see anything dollied but maybe a few replays, but they are always dolliied

i saw more gameplay in that than any pre-release trailor i have ever seen....its like locksleys home made videos

EA will lose!!!

The game looks absolutely kick arse! It obviously won't have the asthetics of official stadiums (outside of twickers), SH teams etc like EA will, but the gameplay looks like it will tear up!

Latest posts