• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Welcome to the new forum software!

I would also like to see a graph on the user information panel (to the left of each post) that shows how many likes/dislikes that poster has given. This would help to out the trolls on the forum.
idk if you're aware but you can see this by looking at users profiles

I gotchu,

We're currently looking into the rep system to stop abuse (we've had a few complaints now).

Could you please reverse Valley's last two dislikes please or even ban the tw4t? He's behaving like a moronic imbecile again. Anyone who doesn't sing Biggar's praises gets a dislike.

Could you please reverse Valley's last two dislikes please or even ban the tw4t? He's behaving like a moronic imbecile again. Anyone who doesn't sing Biggar's praises gets a dislike.

100% agree. He is clearly abusing a privilege provided by the owners/admins of this forum. At best he needs his rating privileges removed, and his ratings given revoked. Its getting near time for a ban.

https://www.therugbyforum.com/threa...ns-tour-referee-chat.39326/page-6#post-861020

I mean, how on earth does this post by Heineken deserve a dislike FFS?

I second this. At the very least disable his dislikes. He has the judgement of a temperamental 4 year old and none of his dislikes are justified.

How do you edit your nationality and club logo? Any help please.

Go onto personal details, which is found when you scroll over your name (By the inbox and alerts tab).

The flag and club thing is above the about me bit.

Thanks for the response ... sadly I don't get that.

EDIT: All I get is this ...

olANLm9.png

Presume it is something to do with that I don't have access to this page: https://www.therugbyforum.com/account/

Last edited:
At the end of the day do likes and dislikes really matter that much? If everyone was abusing the system then I think it would be an issue, but by and large it doesn't appear to me that any users have been significantly affected by VC's dislikes? Everyone still has a net positive bar.

I'd suggest removing the system altogether, to be honest. Does anyone skip posts? Just add the people you don't like to your ignore list once you've determined for yourself that their contributions are worthless.

I cant help with the flags I'm afraid.

On likes / dislikes I'm not bothered. The only thing I'd say is that if you remove the bar it'd still be worth keeping the like / dislike option. I sense the overall posting quality has been a bit more friendly around here since the new forum software. This could be coincidence but I chalk it down to the visual feedback of seeing other users "like" your post.

We'll need to review this situation I think, we'll have a discussion here and let you know. It might be a matter of carrying out a poll and seeing what the consensus is in terms of removing dislikes vs. adjusting it. Thanks for the feedback!

I think people take the Likes/Dislikes thing a bit to personally.

Certainly alot more personally than the Rep/Neg system, not sure why but they just do.

I think people take the Likes/Dislikes thing a bit to personally.

Certainly alot more personally than the Rep/Neg system, not sure why but they just do.
Neggin didn't really effect your dickometer on the old system (because people with **** reps couldn't do anything to it). Plus I've been negged far more times under the new system than I feel under the old one but I've given more out than I use to. I think getting use to the frequency of them. Plus you only use to get negged if you got into a real cricle jerk argument very rarely did you get it for saying something contentious like Dan Biggar might not be the best fly-half in the world. I think its just taking some adjusting.

Can I also give a big thumbs up to forum software not crashing during a massive game its been quite welcome actually being able to comment on it during the game instead of a few hours after if the page wishes to load.

This guy, anderton46, hit me with 14 negatives in half an hour yesterday.
He systematically went through my posts in chronological order, some posts with half a dozen likes, and hasn't answered my response by message with more than 'Wut?'
Lol
Clearly he's upset.
Is this the sort of thing the system was set up for?
I'm happy to cop negatives from someone who reads my posts and find it worthy of a dislike.
14 consecutive dislikes in chronological order?

Last edited:
He systematically went through my posts in chronological order, some posts with half a dozen likes, and hasn't answered my response by message with more than 'Wut?'
Lol
Clearly he's upset.
I'm happy to cop negatives from someone who reads my posts and find it worthy of a dislike.
If it's good banter, then it's fine. My boy @Ground We Won and I had a bit of fun using the dislike button when we first met on here but it was just for the lolz. We had a good laugh and removed the dislikes afterwards. If someone unfairly and massively dislikes your posts, you should mention it. Sure it's no big deal, but they can't get away with abusing a system to deliberately **** someone off. It's just silly.

Lol
Clearly he's upset.

I've just banned him.

I've just banned him.

Has Skylinerd been banned yet? He has no intention of anything but baiting others and yesterday refferred to the NH as assholes and bandied around the word rape.

Just on a separate point, under the old system it wasn't possible to repeatedly rep the same person and equally you could get neg repped 12 times consecutively but if their rep power was weak it didn't matter at all.