• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wellington Lions for the championship

J

jawmalawm24

It's been a while since we last won it we were losing finalist in the last 2 years so surely by now the Lions should be able to win one. Go the Lions!!!!!

[cough]canterbury[/cough] tho my old man is from wet and windy Wellington I'm a Cantabrian, so go Wellington [cough]canterbury[/cough] :cheers:

I hate when my team become favourites that's usually not a good sign it means they're expected to win it but they won't just like the All Blacks.

Wellington won't win.

I reckon it'll be Canterbury or Waikato, or maybe Auckland.

Wellington too often are picked to do well and end up failing at the last hurdle.

I think the biggest improvers will be Counties.

Yeah counties has some mean talent in their squad. Lavea's back!! everyones favorite players is back apparently lol Plus MASAGA!!!!

Pfft, what a dreamer, Otago will be the dark horse and wipe the floor with the opposition.

Auckland will most probably win if we're being realistic. Canterbury look strong, a fair bit of S14 experience in which is a very young talented team. Otago :lol: , well, I hope they go well.

If either Otago or Canterbury win I'll be happy, after that, anyone but Auckland will do fine.

I hope waikato will win.
Although they didn't play that well against Bay of Plenty last weekend.

Looking at our team I think Otago has maybe a 50% chance of winning..............against Southland this weekend.... they will struggle against good teams (and probably against not so good teams like Taranaki and Bay of Plenty). Hopefully the Mighty North Otago will win the Heartland Championship again though :bana:

I think it will be between Auckland and Canterbury for the ***le...

God, if we have refereeing decisions like the ones from tonight's games then anyone can win.

Looking at our team I think Otago has maybe a 50% chance of winning..............against Southland this weekend.... [/b]
I love that they are touting it as 'The Battle of the South'. Sounds so damn dramatic!

God, if we have refereeing decisions like the ones from tonight's games then anyone can win. [/b]

i know what you mean... Sione Lauaki's try was an obvious double movement....

Haha what?

Maybe if it was league then it would be a double movement.

Anesi got a blatant try which the TMO blatantly failed to recognise.

Wellington Lions 30 Hawkes Bay Magpies 6 woohoo what a game aye. The crowds aren't the biggest but the game was pretty good for the conditions. Hawkes Bay had the wind behind them in the 1st half and there were some funny goings on with the ball going all over the place.

Hosea Gear had a alright game powering through a few tackles and scoring the 1st try for the Lions. Alot of unknown players but all contributed to a good game. 7's star Victor Vito showed potential taking a few balls at the lineout, grabing opposition ball at the breakdown and making 20-25m off the scrum because of his pace.

Can't wait to see who linesup for next weeks game it should be good and I think Jamie Joseph's gonna steer our boys to the final and win it.

GO WELLYZ!!!! :bana: :bana:

Haha what?

Maybe if it was league then it would be a double movement.

Anesi got a blatant try which the TMO blatantly failed to recognise. [/b]

ohhh ofcourse the TMO was the reason why Waikato lost...

...I didn't say that. Although they could've won, I was just annoyed they didn't get the Bonus Point :(

Man, the most annoying thing ever for a supporter is watching the other team grind out twenty phases lasting a few minutes, it's amazingly frustrating.

Latest posts