• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

what does it mean for nz rugby if they dont win the rwc

F

feicarsinn

okay so we all agree theyre overwhealing favourites for the tournament but what if they dont lift it. this current nz team (05-07) is in my opinion the best team to ever play the game with the strongest panel and best preperation. so if they dont win it how long is it going to take them to recover?

New Zealand definately have the most at risk here out of all the teams for this years world cup.

1/ Their fans will have to endure another 4 years of being mocked by fellow rugby playing countries.

2/ History will start to show that while NZ has generally been the dominate team since first WC, the lack of WC wins will detract from this and will start to become ingrained in the history of the ABs. I think this is a real shame because it means losing one game at the wrong time overshadows some of the superlative years in between.

3/ Will make life so much harder for the 2011 squad. Imagine the pressure on that team in NZ!!

4/ Financially it will be a pretty big blow. I would not be surprised if Adidas has two future contracts on the table for the NZRU. A big one for the WC champions, and a smaller one for the chokers. It wont damage the brand, but the potential of the AB brand as WC winners is massive. They will become one of the most marketable teams in world sport. And as we know over the next 4 years NZRU are going to need all the money they can to retain key NZ players building up the 2011 WC.

So no pressure ABs.....

New Zealand have to deliver to satisfy their fans, for two years the public of NZ have been waiting for the moment they are crowned world champions. If they don't deliver then no excuse will be accepted. The pressure ony these boys shoulders must be immense, this pressure could be the reason in a tight game that NZ crumble and crash out of the World Cup.

Graham Henry the most powerful man in NZ will be put to death i tell you. He will never see the end of it. Taking your players out of the comp for weeks for conditioning to lose. Some buggers like Stephen Jones (tt sports writer) will take the opportunity to exact some revenge and settle some personal feuds. As well as beat the **** out of the old Ted. Other nations would just mock them that they didn't have conditioning but the still managed. Even more so for the eventual champions (supposing NZ doesnt win)

The "chokers" tag will stick forever

And there'd be IMMENSE pressure on the 2011 squad.

Firstly I think it would mean they didn't win the world cup. Secondly, I think it will have the same effect that every other world cup since 1987 has had - the NZ rue missed oppurtunuties again. I think it would be catastrophic for the AB's but I don't think it will be any different to the usual.

Were they to lose in the world cup in NZ I think it could cause problems.

if i was kiwi and they didn't win now i'd be incensed. i'd picket their homes or something. and if they don't win in 2011, i'd lynch em :D

I think us New Zealanders should cause a riot trash the venue as much as possible. I know it would make me feel better to be a part of that NZ history.

It could also bring an extra burden to the shoulders of the very next ABs generation. How hard must it already be to rise your game at that level and fill the gaps left by Hayman, McAlister/Mauger/Tuitupou, Jack/Robinson/Rawlinson, but just imagine with the sense of defeat, the label of "chokers" and the frustration of "four more years, boys..".
Or it might serve as motivation for dominating the world rugby until the next World Cup..and then....

Their fans will have to endure another 4 years of being mocked by fellow rugby playing countries.[/b]
Well fingers crossed it might stop you all screaming how great you are ;) But yeah, this is the one that would hurt the most. Another four years of being called Chokers.

I'd picket their homes or something.[/b]
Probably explains why they are all signing contracts that ensure they DONT have to go back home after the tournament.

Their fans will have to endure another 4 years of being mocked by fellow rugby playing countries.
Well fingers crossed it might stop you all screaming how great you are ;) But yeah, this is the one that would hurt the most. Another four years of being called Chokers.

Just quietly mate, we dont all run around screaming how great the ABs are, we just dont have much to complain about. Most things said about the ABs tend to come from overseas, and believe you me, their harshest critics come from little ol NZ.

Oops. I just reread your post and saw the wink. Ya got me!!! So easy to wind up a Kiwi :wall:

we just dont have much to complain about.[/b]
Yeah I know, and it sucks :) Try putting yourself in the mind of an Irishman. We finally have a couple of players that can stand on their own against some of the best, and then you fecks come along with 30 of em, just like that. Makes me sick! :D

Who cares? I just want to see the ABs in some tough matches, having to use the head to win. If they manage that, and yet are outdone by an even better team in the end, then it will have been a great RWC.

Who cares? I just want to see the ABs in some tough matches, having to use the head to win. If they manage that, and yet are outdone by an even better team in the end, then it will have been a great RWC.
[/b]

Great!! If we are undone by a better team then surely we aren't chokers. Just got beaten on the day by a better team. Phew! Almost makes a loss bearable!

Seriously though, The ABs... Who really knows what they have got? So far France concerns me the most. With their top 22, they are going to have a formidable team. The ABs are untested at present. Their so called new game plans are untried against serious opposition, They have not had a true consistent run of the top 15 and they are not battle hardened. Im happy to be an ABs supporter. But they are truely going to have to earn this cup. As they say you have to win 3 games to win a WC, and these are going to be the toughest games the ABs have ever played. period.

Can you tell Ive just got back from the pub???

wow after reading this i just cant wait for nz to loose in the semifinals this year!!!!!

it will be fantastic!!!

So far France concerns me the most. With their top 22, they are going to have a formidable team.
[/b]

France will be a good team if they manage to get their 22 top players but at the moment there's no certainty that their both top props, Sylvain Marconnet and Pieter de Villier, will be fit in time.

The ABs are untested at present. Their so called new game plans are untried against serious opposition, They have not had a true consistent run of the top 15 and they are not battle hardened.[/b]

I think this is the case of almost all the top teams in this tournament. I mean I am pretty sure that they have all injected some novelty in their game plans. They all want to surprise the opponent.

I feel that the ABs will be very strong at this RWC. If a side manages to defeat them it will be thanks to a mix of formidable Rugby, chance and overall willingness. ABs defeats are renowned not solely due to the black presence but to the level and magnificency of the Rugby played that day.

They'll be very glad their team kit is black as they blend into the darkness to escape an angry mob of NZ fans.

they'll be blad their supposters are wearing black too. then they'd run and hide in the crowd. the crowd wld be confused whos wo

If NZ dont win the RWC, I think it means NZ should bring in Isa Nacewa, Ma'a Nonu, and Ben Atiga, to fill in the centre positions so NZ can have more "umph" in their attacking backline.

Latest posts