• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What is an Emo?

S

Saint N Sinner

So singing about pain, the crumbling society around us, and basically speaking words of truth and reality is a bad thing? Sure you have to be into that kind of stuff but I'm mostly metal and death metal at the moment with a soft spot for a few emo bands.

Bullet For My Valentine, My Chemical Romance, and Avenged Sevenfold are amongst the best emo music around.

And a good point made, how will you move on with the times if your continuesly hanging onto past music when there is plenty of new and exciting talent out there...

Open your eyes..

"singing about pain, the crumbling society around us, and basically speaking words of truth and reality"

I'm gonna slit my wrists, only the darkness understands me, I hate myself, if I was found dead tomorrow no one would care... blah-blah-blah.

The only song that goes along those lines that was ever any good wes NIN's "Hurt", famously covered by Johnny Cash. The rest are attention seeking bullshit.

Maybe its time you opened your eye's for once and realise not everyone is as happy and bouncy/arrogant as you are.

Some people actually feel pain and agony on a daily cycle. I don't fully understand this myself but I have friends that have tried killing themselves before and you would hate to hear what they have gone through..so..shush!

Originally posted by Air Ben@Jul 4 2006, 07:58 PM
Maybe its time you opened your eye's for once and realise not everyone is as happy and bouncy/arrogant as you are.

Some people actually feel pain and agony on a daily cycle. I don't fully understand this myself but I have friends that have tried killing themselves before and you would hate to hear what they have gone through..so..shush!
Errr... Been there, done that, seen it all while you were still in primary school, experenced real life and real problems myself, still laughing at the attention seekers.

Originally posted by Air Ben@Jul 4 2006, 08:52 PM
Your an arrogant little **** you know that!
Not at all, in fact, a lot op people used to describe me as a goth/greebo in my mid teens, my best friend was an ex-coke addict (while he lived in New Zealand) and I spent all my time in biker/rock bars around people who were perenially miserable. And you know what, I almost ended up like them.

Don't call me an arrogant little f*** when you have no idea what your on about. I have litterally been there, done that and know how pathetic and selfish the lifestyle is.

Living your life in a certain way is not a bad thing, its creates positive and negative differences in society but when people such as yourself bash us/them for what we live for/as you are just what society is turning out to be...a bunch of chavs!

You say you've been depressed, well have you been ra*ed at the age of 13 by your own father, taken drugs such as cocaine, cannabis, getting constantly ****** out of your head, and getting bashed around from mate to mate? Thats something to be depressed about and she is only 15 now!

When your 15 years old, your too inexperienced to understand anything about whats going on around you; you simply havn't had enough experience to know how to deal with the **** life constantly throws at you.

I have no idea who "she" is, but while gettign raped by her own father wasn't her own fault (and I may add is disgusting), who took the cocane? Who drank? Who didn't stand up to the users posing as friends?

Curling up in a ball than writing notes in a dark room doesn't solve those problems, nor does simply making your excuse "You don't understand me".

Sorry if this sounds patronising, but i know a hell of a lot more than you about this sort of thing, especially as a childhood friend of mine is dead because he thought he was being mature, acting all depressed and refusing help.

Just so you know, his name was Nick and he took an OD.

'emo' is a fashion statement. It's just a bunch of deranged teenagers just doing the 'in' thing. The music is good, I like avenged sevenfold and bands like that, but I ignore the lyrics cause they talk ballocks. These 'emo' kids are just talking ballocks. Wait till you've seen loved ones go through actual depression and you'll see that 'emo kids' are just doing it to be cool and aren't actually depressed, nor do they give a **** about the 'crumbling society'. Emo music is fine, the bands can play and I like alot of it, but emo people make me want to stab them in the face.

Emo's are people too.

Just because your full of apparent bounce doesn't mean everyone else is, and I must admit...everyone goes through **** in their life...and I can fairly say I have a lot more to take in the future like everyone else but it doesn't mean you take the **** out of anyone mental state FFS!

These people exploit mental issues, to gain attention, to look 'fashionable'. Very few will actually suffer from what they're saying they are. People who suffer do not go on about it, like these 'emo' people do, and make it public. As far as the music goes, it's just really a marketing gimmic. It's all a bit pathetic really.

Originally posted by Air Ben@Jul 5 2006, 06:36 AM
So singing about pain, the crumbling society around us, and basically speaking words of truth and reality is a bad thing? Sure you have to be into that kind of stuff but I'm mostly metal and death metal at the moment with a soft spot for a few emo bands.

Bullet For My Valentine, My Chemical Romance, and Avenged Sevenfold are amongst the best emo music around.

And a good point made, how will you move on with the times if your continuesly hanging onto past music when there is plenty of new and exciting talent out there...

Open your eyes..
to be honest with you avenged sevenfold isnt emo..

air ben - what you say is somewhat true

but:

you forget about a genre called metal.

metalers convret negative feelings into good kick ass music. nothing else matters, fade to black by metallica are good examples of this.

emos are attention seakers. there welcome to cut two things. my lawns then there wrists. they are a waste of time. talent is minamal, and only encourages homosexuality.

Emos are like whimpy mods... and for the most part, they sing like whiny babies NOT because they're "emotional", but rather because in order to sell records to teenie-boppers, they sing about things teenie-boppers can relate to... like getting zits and getting rejected by the girl who sits in the front of class... f***ing pussies.

Slayer > any 100 emo bands combined

Originally posted by sambãd5@Jul 4 2006, 07:27 PM
emos are attention seakers. there welcome to cut two things. my lawns then there wrists.
That's "Post of the Day" material right there... I spit my iced tea out my nose when I read it. +reps!!

Originally posted by Dr. Fantomas Jr.@Jul 5 2006, 01:36 PM
Emos are like whimpy mods... and for the most part, they sing like whiny babies NOT because they're "emotional", but rather because in order to sell records to teenie-boppers, they sing about things teenie-boppers can relate to... like getting zits and getting rejected by the girl who sits in the front of class... f***ing pussies.

Slayer > any 100 emo bands combined
Slayer - War Ensemble

Propaganda death ensemble
Burial to be
Corpses rotting through the night
In blood laced misery
Scorched earth the policy
The reason for the singe
The pendulum it shaves the blade
The strafing air blood raid

Infiltration push reserves
Encircle the front llines
Supreme art of strategy
Playing on the minds
Bombard till submission
Take all to their graves
Indication of triumph
The number that are dead

Chorus
Sport the war, war support
The sport is war, total war
When victorys a massacre
The final swing is not a drill
Its how many people I can kill

Chorus

Be dead friend from abve
When darkness falls
Descend into my sights
Your fallen walls
Spearhead break through the lines
Flanked all around
Soldiers of attrition
Forward their ground
Gregime prophetic age
Old in its time
Flowing veins run on through
Deep in the rhine
Center of the web
All battles scored
What is our war crimes
(era forever more...war)

Propaganda war ensemble
Burial to be
Bones shining in the night
In blood laced misery
Campaign of elimination
Twisted psychology
When victory is to survive
And death is defeat

Chorus
Sport the war, war support
The sport is total war
When victorys a massacre
When victory is survival
When this end is a slaughter
The final swing is not a drill
Its how many people I can kill

http://www.lyricsfreak.com/s/slayer/war+en...e_20126171.html[/b]

I don't see how you can enjoy someone singing about that bullsh*t either. :rolleyes:

they are people that try to make a bad situation worse by over exagerating their emotions so they can get attention, and then say that they dont want their personal an private feelings made public even though they went out of their way to make them public in the first place

and DC13 is right, avenged sevenfold aren't emo, they are just plain crap

Latest posts