• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What Position Do You/ Did You Play?

There was no such question as "What position WILL you play" :D But here goes.

Utility back. Most probably fly-half, centre and/or fullback.

Ended up at second row for quite a few seasons then moved out to back row - not played in three years but taking this season as a conditioning year before I head back to try my hand in the backs - 13 takes my fancy!

Played wing my entire youth life then once I left school everyone was a lot faster haha. Moved in to 2nd 5 & played there for 5 years before I busted the orbit of my eye. The doctor said it was a freak accident but if it happened again, I'd go blind. So haven't played since. Played the odd game afterwards but always found, I was thinking too much about it when going in to contact so gave up and am just a spectator & armchair critic now haha.

Halfbacks, both Fly and Scrumhalf mostly Scrumhalf though.

I play Tight-head prop, but my technique is, bad. I'm usually taller than all other props, and not as big (fat) so what techniques could I use to ensure we win the scrums?

Power. Push your opposite loosehead DOWN. If you drop your right shoulder he won't be able to push anymore. That him sorted. Then just annoy the hooker. Don't expect to power forward. You, as tighthead, should aim to be the rock. The immoveable object.

I am 6'3 (going on 6'4) and weigh around 95kg. Play prop, second row or Eight.

Last edited:
Power. Push your opposite loosehead DOWN. If you drop your right shoulder he won't be able to push anymore. That him sorted. Then just annoy the hooker. Don't expect to power forward. You, as tighthead, should aim to be the rock. The immoveable object.

I am 6'3 (going on 6'4) and weigh around 95kg. Play prop, second row or Eight.

Cheers, I'll definatly try this on Sunday, against Middlesborough!

Hooker for Darlington RFC 2nds at the moment.

Until I retired early (at 16) I played Second Row or Number 8. In my younger, healthier days I did dabble at 12, first phase ball straight at their fly half.

I wish I could have started rugby sooner but for my college side everything but lock and scrum(too short for lock, not the most amazing passer), mens' teams wing, center. I'm from the USA I played football in college but politics played a big roll so I sat the bench. Come to find out I could have jus played rugby and never messed with football. I was a skatback in college football, so wen i tried out for rugby in college people screamed PROP or Hook. Then I hauled tail down the pitch they screamed SAMOAN!...

Latest posts