• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What TV Show's are you watching/looking forward to?

Anyone else seen iZombie?

Really enjoying it. Very well cast, and all the characters are growing into their roles (only on season 2).

The OA on Netflix.
Is it good?
I've heard mixed reviews, some people love it and others say it's a bit of a mess.

I've been watching "Love", a Judd Appatow netflix original series. Pretty good so far, watched about half of it. It's basically just a Judd Appatow film stretched out into 10 episodes.

Is it good?
I've heard mixed reviews, some people love it and others say it's a bit of a mess.

I've been watching "Love", a Judd Appatow netflix original series. Pretty good so far, watched about half of it. It's basically just a Judd Appatow film stretched out into 10 episodes.

Only watched the first two episodes so far; still 7 more to go, so I'll make further comment when finished. So far, so good.

edit - and then it turns weird......

Last edited:
Didn't watch any of it... thought it might be heading in a completely bat**** direction at the end of the last series.

So I stayed well clear.

Didn't watch any of it... thought it might be heading in a completely bat**** direction at the end of the last series.

So I stayed well clear.

Prob right, I preferred it when it was smaller problems with good twist. that all lead up to one big problem. (Like season 1 and 2).

Now seems to be a mess and forced.

Last edited:
Seems to be a big issue with big budget TV.

Amazing, mostly coherent first series, followed up by incoherent and (as you say) forced plots.

I really hope that doesn't happen to Stranger Things.

Story arc's have a lot to answer for, on one hand they keep you engaged wanting more on the other places like to stretch it out far beyond what is necessary or keep on going long beyond it should of finished.

For instance the X-Files should of ended at the end of the original movie which occurs after season 5 (would of been a more than fitting end).

Nowadays you get people trying to relive the hype or just making it a mess. Most of this season of Sherlock felt more like trying to wrestle it back to the status quo (the first episode was ridiculously over the top but even then they spent ages trying to bring all back down to Earth). However my bigger hatred is in a "mystery" TV show it hiding way too many clues from the audience for them to work it out (or blurting Sherlock through them at a speed which doesn't allow us to deduce it for ourselves).

Game of Thrones has a clear direction and end, I think its better for it. House of Cards is pretty directionless after a brilliant first two seasons, Stranger Things (I like don't love) I think will go that way they had brilliant idea for the first season. Westworld they claim to have a plan and it worked out. I think in a few years we'll start to see shows that have a defined End more.

I think also that we'll more short series never to see the light of day again like Netflix is kind of doing however they seams to be throwing stuff at the wall and seeing what sticks first at the moment. which means we are getting brilliant insular series. For example I;m unsure what another Jessica Jones will bring (it was brilliant but unsure if I need another series) and Daredevil struggled a bit in Season 2. I don't know if I need The Defenders however I'm gobbling up the Marvel/Netflix stuff so its doing pretty well.

yeh not sure what direction stranger things will go in.

The first season was prob the tv show I have seen in a long time. (So impressive how it captured the feel of a great 80's Sci-Fi film)

Apprently it will be bigger and darker which to me doesn't mean it will be better, TV seems to think bigger and darker means better but why not keep to a winning formula.

Quite enjoyed Sherlock ast night, but the whole her being able to brainwash people for no discernible reason thing was so stupid.

Sherlock was IMO disappointing.

The whole season has been disappointing really.

Its almost as if the writers get together each year and say " right, lets try to out-weird last series" and less about making good programmes like the first 2 series did.

Yeah I'll agree they need slightly less ambition with the plots. Simplify it back to a detective show and make it fun again.

Few tv series have a really good story arc that completes and are really satisfying. Breaking Bad was one of the few i can think of that knew where it was heading from the beginning to end.

Yep, underwhelmed by this season of Sherlock, but seems to fit the pattern of most decent British made series - start off with a bang, but they don't last long and then end not quite living up to the standard it set at the beginning. I think Moffat and Gatiss mistake was to try and turn Sherlock into Bond and then try and get too clever by appealing to the international audiences instead of really being true to its roots i.e. Mystery solving.

Few tv series have a really good story arc that completes and are really satisfying.

Did you catch both seasons of Narcos? Very satisfying.

Taboo shaping up to be an excellent drama. Tom Hardy is a spellbinding lead in this.

Did you catch both seasons of Narcos? Very satisfying.

Taboo shaping up to be an excellent drama. Tom Hardy is a spellbinding lead in this.

Yep, Narcos was great, but it hasn't finished yet and it's based on a true story so we knew how it was going to end for the first two seasons' main protagonist.

Not watched Taboo yet, but will do at some point.

Latest posts