• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What TV Show's are you watching/looking forward to?

Speaking of mystery series... anyone here not watch Columbo?

If you don't, you should.

Homeland season 6 started last night, just about to settle down to watch it.
Bloody love the show - first 2 seasons were great, 3 a bit off, 4 and 5 brilliant. Hopefully this continues the trend (and I think it will, I think the issue with 3 is that they didn't know what to do with the storyline, 4 and 5 being, essentially, stand alone gave them far more freedom with the story).

Yep I sure am. Very good cast, pretty interesting premise, and even though it's moving a bit slow, I think it will come very good.

A very good cast, but after 4 episodes its still a little disjointed for me. Tom Hardy is very watchable. Must say he recovered quickly from that knife in the guts!

- - - Updated - - -

Without trawling back through prvious pages, anyone else caught "Hacksaw Ridge" yet?
Without doubt, an epic film with a fairly unknown cast. The battle scenes make Saving Private Ryan look like a kindergarden scuffle.
Excellent acting, superb screenplay and a true story as well. A nod at the end to Band of Brothrs in recapping some of the guys still alive.
Catch it if you can.

If anyone is looking for a good show to watch Occupied on Netflix has slipped through the gap in a big way. The premise is basically that the Norwegian prime Minister has pushed for complete renewable energy use in Norway, and is attempting to impose the same attitude on Europe by refusing to export any of Norway's fossil fuels. In response the country is covertly occupied by the Russian government with approval from the E.U. The show follows the Norwegian Prime Minister, one of his bodyguards and a Norwegian journalist who sees too much primarily. It's the brainchild of Jo Nesbo who writes a lot of crime novels and the like. It is in Norwegian bear in mind, but that benefits it if anything. Think Wallander crossed with House of Cards and you'll land somewhere around this show.

Aye, I'm really liking it too.
Much better than last season (though I liked that a lot more the 2nd time watching it).

I loved Occupied. It was on the German/French TV channel arte quite a while ago and it definitely is good. It's really interesting if you read on Wikipedia how old the original idea was and how current it is.

Latest posts