• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What TV Show's are you watching/looking forward to?

Watching suits and what the **** is with the Donna storyline talk about crap, also that device if used by the wrong person is a HR problem waiting to happen.

Also Mike and Harvey are sooooo annoying.

(I'm in a ranting mood).

Finished Taboo over the weekend.
I really wanted to like it; and I generally do like slow-burns and character pieces; but Hardy was too much of a Gary-Stu, always 3 steps ahead of everyone else at all; and it got a little too caught up in its own pretensions to actually deliver.

Building Jerusalem - on Netflix. Shame they cut out the two victories pre RWC 2003 v NZ and Australia, which I think England would not have gone on to win the RWC without those two wins.

Frequency - based on the film. But it's set in 2016 and 1996 and Jim Caviezel's character is replaced by a woman for PC purposes. If you like the whole change the past and the knock on Butterly effect conundrum thing.

Sons of anarchy Season 3 ---> Best Northern Irish accents ever.

It's like they didn't know how different N.Irish and irish accents even are, actually its like they have never heard any irish accent other than the OTT cartoonish ones.

Series/Season finale of Black Sails.
Absolutely superb, loved how they intermingle real events and characters with treasure island.
Vastly underrated show, I think in part because of the channel it's on (I'd never even heard of Starz until i started watching it). Put it on HBO or ABC and people would lose their minds for it. I think it'll get the recognition it deserves in due course, as more people pick up on it. Acting, world building, story, all excellent. Toby Stephens is outstanding, as is the Captain Flint character.

Decided to check out that show 'Dear White People' that had a lot of people in a tizzy. I have to say the trailer was fairly race baiting bull**** that didn't portray what the show is actually about well at all. Some of the characters are completely insufferable(particularly the completely hypocritical holier than thou main character), but they were purposefully written that way, and to be honest the show is more about the factionalism and degree of outrage among the various groups of black students at an Ivy league school than '**** all white people' stuff. It can be pretty condescending at times, and the word woke is used non-ironically, but it covers pretty much every angle from police brutality, to tokenism, and well meaning ignorance and on the flipside, certain black people constantly playing the victim and slavery card to account for their own failings. It definitely doesn't crucify white people as much as the Netflix trailer suggests, and doesn't let black people off the hook either.

Last edited:
It's on my to watch list abit way down my watch list though.
Wooooooow. I bet if it was a show with an all white cast it would be at the top of your list you white POS. Check your white privilege and submit to cultural sensitivity training taught by yours truly right now or I'll see you hang.

Wooooooow. I bet if it was a show with an all white cast it would be at the top of your list you white POS. Check your white privilege and submit to cultural sensitivity training taught by yours truly right now or I'll see you hang.

Wow wow wow dude, it's okay some of my best friends are non white males.

Series/Season finale of Black Sails.
Absolutely superb, loved how they intermingle real events and characters with treasure island.
Vastly underrated show, I think in part because of the channel it's on (I'd never even heard of Starz until i started watching it). Put it on HBO or ABC and people would lose their minds for it. I think it'll get the recognition it deserves in due course, as more people pick up on it. Acting, world building, story, all excellent. Toby Stephens is outstanding, as is the Captain Flint character.
Agreed, specially on that Starz shows are underrated: Boss, Outlander and quite a few others, all outstanding and incredibly overrated.

Absolutely loving The Last Kingdom. So much better than S1, and that was great. Best thing on TV at the moment, but damn does it move quickly!

Absolutely loving The Last Kingdom. So much better than S1, and that was great. Best thing on TV at the moment, but damn does it move quickly!

Read the books, They're very very good. Tons of then as well! Think they're doing two books per season (I've only seen season 1 so far, gonna wait to binge watch 2)

I like the books too (still want the Warlord Chronicles done), but S2 improves on them, Uthred has been to acting school, and they've tidied up a lot of the clunkiness, though i wont go into details if you're waiting another week.

Monday sees the start of American Gods on Amazon Prime too. That's one I'll be waiting to binge, but the ad.s have looked great.

Glad to hear the season is good, though - I wasn't overly impressed with s1.
Also it really annoyed me that they made Uthred have Brown hair. It's a big deal in the books that he has blonde/looks like a Dane

Anyone read the later Bourne books. Have 1 here but yet to start. Read forst 4 books. Much better than movies but with change of writers etc I'm weary

Latest posts