• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What TV Show's are you watching/looking forward to?

I enjoy most of Coen's characters, the thing is too many of his characters ended up being too Michael Mooresque, so it becomes a bit predictable. It's still funny, but you know what's going for the next 15 min after watching it for 5 secs.

And he is way, way to left leaning. He goes to extreme lenghts to make, say, Sanders look good. His part there was completely unnecessary and not funny at all. He just wanted to show how he could "get" right wing politicians (which he did in spades) but he couldnt fool a left leaning one, which is obviously ridiculous. He could have done the exact same thing the other way around.

The israeli character is very, very funny. Kinderguardians is just outstanding. I find it amazing also how, under the right circumstances, people are so inclined to say yes to pretty much to amything presented to them. There was a part of the conversation that looked uneventful but was quite telling. Something along these lines

A: well, we gave the guns to 3 year olds because you cannot give guns to two year old. They are called the "terrible twos for a reason".
B: Yes, true

I mean, "yes, true", seriously?
The "head, shoulder not the toes, not the toes" was amazing too. The israli guy screaming "fire" was genius.

I guess i dont find the ideas particularly funny but the execution is flawless.

Just remembered: to get a politician in a first world country to advocate for "first grenaders" in front of a camara is a work of art. TThis was no hidden camera stuff. He literally convinced them the king was wearing invisible clothes.
Should be next to las meninas in el prado or Rembrandt's nachtwacht in the rijks.

I think in america it's easy to setup the rep leaning people, just of how it is set up.
Their belief system and the way they support it.
Like anti gay marriage, anti abortion etc etc it just too easy to get them.

Sanders is always going to be tough to get he's one of the most veteran politicians in america, it's only the first episode and i'm sure he will mix it up.
From what I remember of the Ali G show he tended to get both sides pretty well.

I think in america it's easy to setup the rep leaning people, just of how it is set up.

Sanders is always going to be tough to get he's one of the most veteran politicians in america, it's only the first episode and i'm sure he will mix it up.
Yeah, I don't recall Tony Benn being famously right wing; but I do remember him being one of AliG's most memorable moments

Not sure i agree. You could argue the same thing about the left and liberals. Easily. Walk into any north western uni campus and start invading their "safe spaces", tell them that they are not victims of white, male heteropatriarchy and see how they react. Lunacy of the other extreme, but lunacy nonetheless. Look up Nicholas Christakis' Yale incident on youtube. Those are some of tomorrow's best and brightest. Snowflaky, intolerant and incongruent, uni lefties are any trolls wet dream.

South part and the simpsons are good (and balanced) examples of how to make fun of the left. South park is actually brilliant at it.

There's this character Nira, that tries to do that, but the effort is just not there. The thing is, it is a rather liberal character placed in an ultra conservative environment which ends up making fun of that environment.

And Sanders is another good example of bias from Coen. Do you think their success rate with trolling people from the right was 100%? Course it wasn't.
They tried 50, got lucky with a few, then cherry pick, edit and show you those.
They haven't showed a single one from the right looking good.

But just as their success rate wasn't 100% with the right, it would be incredibly convenient if their success to troll the left in the same way was zero. They could do the same, cherry pick and edit the same way and show the left being ridiculed.
But no, they chose Sanders looking good representing the left. And they picked 4 guys who probably dont even have a wikipedia page of their own to make fun of the right.

Not sure i agree. You could argue the same thing about the left and liberals. Easily. Walk into any north western uni campus and start invading their "safe spaces", tell them that they are not victims of white, male heteropatriarchy and see how they react. Lunacy of the other extreme, but lunacy nonetheless. Look up Nicholas Christakis' Yale incident on youtube. Those are some of tomorrow's best and brightest. Snowflaky, intolerant and incongruent, uni lefties are any trolls wet dream.

South part and the simpsons are good (and balanced) examples of how to make fun of the left. South park is actually brilliant at it.

But they are not politicians are they?
The Democrats are not even a very liberal party by most other countries standards.
He targeted the fine arts expert pretty well.

What would he get for trying it on the Uni students? they are a lot easier targets than "Politicians" that you think are so easy.

There's this character Nira, that tries to do that, but the effort is just not there. The thing is, it is a rather liberal character placed in an ultra conservative environment which ends up making fun of that environment.

And Sanders is another good example of bias from Coen. Do you think their success rate with trolling people from the right was 100%? Course it wasn't.
They tried 50, got lucky with a few, then cherry pick, edit and show you those.
They haven't showed a single one from the right looking good.

But just as their success rate wasn't 100% with the right, it would be incredibly convenient if their success to troll the left in the same way was zero. They could do the same, cherry pick and edit the same way and show the left being ridiculed.
But no, they chose Sanders looking good representing the left. And they picked 4 guys who probably dont even have a wikipedia page of their own to make fun of the right.

I doubt they had to go through 50 to get lucky with a few, the lobbying system in America makes their politicians erm let's easy to influence.

I mean yeh congressmen are pretty much nobodies....... It's like saying a MP is a nobody.....

Again it's been one episode see what he might do elsewhere before getting your nickers in a twist over it.
Watch Ali G episodes and you can see he can be fairly balanced.

But they are not politicians are they?
Neither were the half of the right wing ones!
One was the president of a gun group (private entity, NOT a public one), another one was a private citizen and the third was a talk show host...

I doubt they had to go through 50 to get lucky with a few, the lobbying system in America makes their politicians erm let's easy to influence.
Watch the show. The first one, a republican senator from florida, said "do you really expect me to say in front of a camera that i want guns for children?"

Neither were the half of the right wing ones!
One was the president of a gun group (private entity, NOT a public one), another one was a private citizen and the third was a talk show host...

Watch the show. The first one, a republican senator from florida, said "do you really expect me to say in front of a camera that i want guns for children?"

I've seen it.

You really havn't done much research then.
The talk show host Joe Walsh was an Congressman
The "Private Citzen" is the president of a gun group and lobbiyist
Larry Pratt is director of another lobbyist group.
Trent Lott was the senate majority leader.
Rohrabacher current congressman and was on the shortlist of Sec of State
Wilson Current congressman and former Senator

So all political figures one way or the other.

You really havn't done much research then.
Let's see about that.

The talk show host Joe Walsh was an Congressman
Key word being "was". Not a politician.

The "Private Citzen" is the president of a gun group and lobbiyist
Again, not a politician.

Larry Pratt is director of another lobbyist group.
Not a politician.

Note I said "half". How many of the left wing ones were not politicians again?

Why does it have to be balanced anyway?
It's a comedy show
It doesn't.
As a consumer i'd like to know in advance whether the intention is to make me laugh or to push an agenda by making me laugh. Not quite the same thing.

Not sure i understand your point.
I have no doubt about that. Some CEO and shareholders have more impact on certain countries' economies than the president or the entire government. That doesn't make them politicians thou.
Politician is not just about the amount of influence, but about very specific types of influence.

I suppose we're not going to agree, and being Argentina's friend day, i'll call it quits. Cheers all.

Good Girls on netflix

Really enjoyed it. Sort of like breaking bad but suburban housewives
I think you might like Ozark. It's nothing like Good Girls but after I watched Good Girls, I then started watching Ozark and that was good too.

Power is another one good one but its not on Netflix.

Just finished Killing Eve, which was really good and now I've finally got around to starting The Handmaids Tale... 7 eps in and its great, top echelon tv.

I think you might like Ozark. It's nothing like Good Girls but after I watched Good Girls, I then started watching Ozark and that was good too.

Power is another one good one but its not on Netflix.
I think Power is on UK Netflix,
I've heard good things about Ozark, will have to give it a go soon.
Just started watching arrested development (really really late to the party on that, but loving it) and the new season of orange is the new black is out now so I've got plenty to go at

I think Power is on UK Netflix,
I've heard good things about Ozark, will have to give it a go soon.
Just started watching arrested development (really really late to the party on that, but loving it) and the new season of orange is the new black is out now so I've got plenty to go at
I'll try that Arrested Development.

I'm flicking through Netflix trying to find a series I should stick with. So far Ive gone through the first few episodes of some series and wasn't 'feeling it' so I decided to stop.

NZ Netflix doesn't have some series that you guys and the US get for some unfair reason.

Bit of nostalgia but looked up Lonesome Dove on YouTube and all four parts are posted up. One of the best westerns of all time and has aged very well.

Latest posts