• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What TV Show's are you watching/looking forward to?

As someone who's listened to the audiobook recently, I thought it was okay, but lacked the same dark sense of humour as the book. I would highly recommend the book.
Interesting. But Isn't the audiobook a reading or abridged reading of the book?

Ben Whishaw is very good as and funny as the lead in the tv series.

Interesting. But Isn't the audiobook a reading or abridged reading of the book?

Ben Whishaw is very good as and funny as the lead in the tv series.
Despite being less than 6 hours, the audiobook is unabridged, so I was using book / audiobook interchangably.

Thinking about it, the audiobook is probably the better option - it's narrated by the author, so you're getting it straight from the horse's mouth as intended. Cheaper to read the book though.

Anyone watched Archive 81 on Netflix? Its based on a podcast. I saw an ad for the show, then listened to a season of the podcast and have now started the show. Quite enjoying it so far. Kinda SCP vibe from it. The podcast was good, but the ending was a bit random. Hope they bump it up a bit in the show. All of the changes so far have been positive.

Netflix are making a Bioshock adaptation - not sure if it's going to be a series or movie
I'm... cautiously optimistic
Love the bioshock series/setting - got a lot of potential for adaptation, as long as it's done properly
Didn't hear that, but that's class news. I don't think it should be too impossible to adapt. Prequel to rapture route might be a cool ideam

Without trying to give away spoilers, isn't Bioshocks major twist innately built into how a video game works. Not sure how you adapt that to TV.

Without trying to give away spoilers, isn't Bioshocks major twist innately built into how a video game works. Not sure how you adapt that to TV.
Could be an inspired-by rather than adaptation-of - plenty of lore/backstory

Been doing a lot of watching since I've been recovering from surgery.

Watched Shang chi and the legend of the ten rings - I'm a big marvel fan but it was very meh and beige solid 7/10

Jack Ryan tv series on Amazon - if you are a Tom Clancy fan this is great action/ suspense. Well worth the watch 8/10

Without remorse- Tom Clancy film adaption - very typical action film solid 7/10

Jack reacher - Amazon tv series, very average and a bit cheesy. Not sure I enjoyed all of it but it had good parts 6/10 (maybe a little harsh but it's very cheesy and the main actor is very wooden)

Hawkeye - loved this, it was down to earth and a really good focus on things they don't normally do 9/10

Ozark season 4 - only half way through but it's a bit slow again. Great content but maybe it's a hard watch for an injured man off his face on pain killers

Also watched the last hobbit film finally, boy did they ruin those. Solid 4/10

Jack Ryan tv series on Amazon - if you are a Tom Clancy fan this is great action/ suspense. Well worth the watch 8/10
Really enjoyed Jack Ryan
Season one was excellent - season 2 a bit more...Hollywood? But still enjoyable

Watched the first episode of Reacher last night and enjoyed it well enough - I've not read the books and only seen the Tom Cruise movies (really enjoyed the first, hated the second) but see what you mean about it being a bit cheesy - fight scenes are a bit OTT

Anyone been watching Trigger Point on ITV?

Really enjoying it
Yep. Not a bad series at all.

I'm binge watching the 4 series x 6 episodes of Unforgotten.
Well written and acted cold case murder series.

Just watched Downed on Netflix a very good documentary about the demise of Boeing and the problems that led to the two 737 Max 8 crashes.

Yep. Not a bad series at all.

I'm binge watching the 4 series x 6 episodes of Unforgotten.
Well written and acted cold case murder series.
Wierdly watched that completly backwards. Watched the last season with my wife because it came out then rather than starting from the beginning we just went 4 3 2 1 in that order.

Watching Bel-air

Honestly once I got my head around it's completely different to the fresh prince I've started to enjoy it

Latest posts