• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What TV Show's are you watching/looking forward to?

Cobra Kai on Netflix,
Loving it, proper nostalgia trip - loved Karate Kid when I was growing up, had a double VHS of the two movies and watched them to death
The Johnny Lawrence character is brilliant! Watched both seasons now gutted I'm having to wait for season 3.

I watched the first episode free of Cobra Kai on YouTube red when it came out. Then they wanted to charge to watch more. So stopped at that point. So glad the first two seasons have come out on Netflix. Will be watching that as soon as I finish Ozark S3.

Just finished season one and I REALLY liked it,
Really captures the feel of old 80s action but without feeling too cheesy or dated

I'm looking forward to another season of FARGO, which begins September 27th on FX.

Last edited:
Dune anyone? Looks pretty good, started reading it in anticipation

Dangerous - reading the book shortly before the film.

Book is... very good, and a classic; but IMO over-rated due to being a classic. Still well worth a read.
Just remember, the Dune world consists of 6 books, written by Frank Herbert; and then a bunch of fanfic, even if the fanfic is officially co-authored by Herbert

The NFL season is back in action and that's a good TV show (even without fans in the stands because of Covid-19).

Go Pack Go!

Dangerous - reading the book shortly before the film.

Book is... very good, and a classic; but IMO over-rated due to being a classic. Still well worth a read.
Just remember, the Dune world consists of 6 books, written by Frank Herbert; and then a bunch of fanfic, even if the fanfic is officially co-authored by Herbert
yeah, taking a gamble, hoping it will just be a case of "oh, thats how theyve done that" when i watch...tossed it up and the consensus was if the movies bad i might never want to read it but this way round the worst case is i know whats going to happen

Just finished Ozark S3. Watchable but the plausibility of the storylines and how quickly characters get over deaths wore thin in this one.

I hope Disney realise there is a HUGE market for making a bunch of series and movies that are spin offs in the Star Wars universe without having to be part of the central "epic" storyline. So much scope for so many side stories.

Dune anyone? Looks pretty good, started reading it in anticipation

Wasn't the first Dune Patrick Stewart's first successful movie appearance? I remember I liked parts of it (the sandworm scenes were always good) but the constant internal monologues got a bit tiresome and the soldiers in their pseudo binbag / hazmat suits looked stupid even to a young teenage me. On a different note though, I found this while googling it:

1600212004155.png

I hope Disney realise there is a HUGE market for making a bunch of series and movies that are spin offs in the Star Wars universe without having to be part of the central "epic" storyline. So much scope for so many side stories.

Wasn't the first Dune Patrick Stewart's first successful movie appearance? I remember I liked parts of it (the sandworm scenes were always good) but the constant internal monologues got a bit tiresome and the soldiers in their pseudo binbag / hazmat suits looked stupid even to a young teenage me. On a different note though, I found this while googling it:

View attachment 8481
agreed re star wars, i actually think the tv series (cartoons and live action) are generally better than the movies, the universe it too big to tell in movies

Agreed so much on this. I think the great thing about season 1 is that it wasn't tied in to the tired and honestly overdone good vs evil, Jedi vs Sith storyline. The frustrating thing about Star Wars and in particular the last three movies is you have the entire universe to work with and you still make the plot revolve around the same family and 6 characters. Please let Favreau keep all of his creative control and don't try and tie it into the main series.

Also nearly done with two seasons of Cobra Kai. Definitely thought Season 1 was stronger. The Johnny character is so perfect as an antihero. I felt the second season probably wasn't as strong because it focused on the kids more, who just aren't as interesting as Johnny or Daniel.

Last edited:
Also nearly done with two seasons of Cobra Kai. Definitely thought Season 1 was stronger. The Johnny character is so perfect as an antihero. I felt the second season probably wasn't as strong because it focused on the kids more, who just aren't as interesting as Johnny or Daniel.
I loved (most of) the story lines, and wished they'd had a bigger budget (and a director to get better performances - you can see why they didn't do too much acting after 1990). I love a good redemption arc, especially one with set-backs; and I love the concept of every story having (at leasts) 2 sides.

On the down side, they way overdid the "I'm not a nerd - don't know what a mobile phone or a computer is". Krease had too big a part; and the kids just aren't as interesting - there's something there, but they work better as foils, and examples of history repeating itself; they didn't work as well trying to be the main story. Where they SHOULD have doe more with the kids is to have more intra-dojo "drama" rather than keeping it all inter-dojo. No way Miguel would accept Hawk's attitude with that little challenge

I've still got a few episodes to go, so won't open the spoiler yet, but I know what you mean about the 2 sides thing
It's weird watching Danny getting portrayed as the bad guy - but you start to believe it/sympathise a lot more with the "bad guys" when you see their point of view

Latest posts