• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What TV Show's are you watching/looking forward to?

Will be interesting how they tie it all up and how it leads to BB.

Also looking forward to final part of Ozark, which I believe is coming end of April.

I heard on an entertainment radio show here in SoCal that Jesse Pinkman & Walter White will both be in the story line of the final season of Better Call Saul. :cool:

Last edited:
I heard on an entertainment radio show here in SoCal that Jesse Pinkman & Walter White will both be in the story line of the final season of Better Call Saul. :cool:
I really wish they wouldn't announce stuff like this. I get that it's for advertisement and to build hype but imagine what it would be like if they turned up without us knowing about it.

I really wish they wouldn't announce stuff like this. I get that it's for advertisement and to build hype but imagine what it would be like if they turned up without us knowing about it.
I know what you mean and agree with you generally but I guess with prequels it's a bit different in that you kinda more or less know they're going to feature towards the end.

I'm excited for Obi show.
BUT I'm ready for a new star wars story.

Getting a bit tiring all these fan service shows and films Disney are doing.
Hoping after this the focus might shift on that new storyline away from the skywalker films and characters.

I'm excited for Obi show.
BUT I'm ready for a new star wars story.

Getting a bit tiring all these fan service shows and films Disney are doing.
Hoping after this the focus might shift on that new storyline away from the skywalker films and characters.
I agree I think one of the strengths of The Mandalorian has been about new characters and that was heavily held up when the Book of Boba Fett's best episode was when he wasn't in it.

Obi-Wan will be interesting as it is essentially two movies (it being a 6 part mini-series) and isn't intended to be anything more. Meaning it can tell a complete story. It can also be spun off to be a Imperial Inquisitors series which also can be interesting thing in of itself as I personally really like Fallen Order.

Where they've failed misreably is when they've tried to cave to fandom and explain things that didn't need explaining like Solo or even worse when they lost complete confidence in their new characters for Rise of Skywalker. Andor might be interesting but might suffer from that character worked for that film and actually isn't interesting at all when fleshed out (see Boba Fett).

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to Obi Wan but would also be interested in seeing more expanded universe stuff - there's a crazy amount of Star Wars lore they can tap into without having everything circling the Trio-of-Trilogies

I know they're doing Ahsoka but that's still a bit close to the Trililogy, really, what with her being Anakin's padawan

Better call Saul. I think this is the last season. Up to episode 6. One thing about Prequels is it removes the suspense of which characters are going to survive. Just waiting to see why certain character(s) don't survive to BB.

Plus actors reprising their roles look older than they did in BB. Giancarlo Esposito being one of them.

Better call Saul. I think this is the last season. Up to episode 6. One thing about Prequels is it removes the suspense of which characters are going to survive. Just waiting to see why certain character(s) don't survive to BB.

Plus actors reprising their roles look older than they did in BB. Giancarlo Esposito being one of them.
I think BCS is a significantly better show than BB (which I think is really overrated but still good)

It's hard to keep interest in the story when, as you rightly point out, you kinda know what's going on, but I think they've done a really good job. Not started the final season yet. Going to wait til it's all out.

Cant wait to watch "We own this City" it's annoying after watching the Wire all those years ago as nothing comes close to it apart from the Sopranos. Hopefully We own this City will fill the wire shaped void in my life.

I think BCS is a significantly better show than BB (which is think is really overrated but still good)

It's hard to keep interest in the story when, as you rightly point out, you kinda know what's going on, but I think they've done a really good job. Not started the final season yet. Going to wait til it's all out.
🤔😳 fight fight fight. Loved BB. But agree to disagree.

I am finding Better Call Saul a little hard going and slow - especially the earlier seasons with his brother, but will still see it through to the end - Not sure, for me, it's better than BB. Walter White for me is a better protagonist than Saul Goodman and I prefer the story Arc. We know where Saul's will end up it's just how.

I get why peeps didn't like s1/2 of BB but 3-the end was a great adrenaline rush for me. Having said that after watching it 5-6 times, I have no real reason to revisit it as I've had my fill of it.

El Camino was ok.

After this not sure what else of the BB world Vince Gilligan can do.

🤔😳 fight fight fight. Loved BB. But agree to disagree.

I am finding Better Call Saul a little hard going and slow - especially the earlier seasons with his brother, but will still see it through to the end - Not sure, for me, it's better than BB. Walter White for me is a better protagonist than Saul Goodman and I prefer the story Arc. We know where Saul's will end up it's just how.

I get why peeps didn't like s1/2 of BB but 3-the end was a great adrenaline rush for me. Having said that after watching it 5-6 times, I have no real reason to revisit it as I've had my fill of it.

El Camino was ok.

After this not sure what else of the BB world Vince Gilligan can do.
We are complete opposites. BB really went downhill in the latter seasons for me. The first season was great, had that black comedy edge to it a lot more and was just generally a lot better. BB got absolutely ridiculous towards the end and I feel story telling wise wasn't great but BCS is excellent, much better imo.

Having said that, they're all trash compared to the Wire and Sopranos.

Cant wait to watch "We own this City" it's annoying after watching the Wire all those years ago as nothing comes close to it apart from the Sopranos. Hopefully We own this City will fill the wire shaped void in my life.
Ooooooh I've not heard of that one before - love The Wire, so I'm all in

Has anyone watched Prehistoric Planet on Apple TV+ yet?

I just finished the final episode, there was one episode released every day this week from Monday, so took out the Apple TV+ free 7 day trial.

IMO it is absolutely incredible and even better as it's narrated by Sir David Attenborough.

The way they have reconstructed dinosaurs is unbelievable and it feels like you are watching a nature documentary.

I would hope they continue and make another series based on dinosaurs and other ancient animals.

Perhaps I'm bias as I love dinosaurs and even though was an archaeologist, I always wanted to be a paleontologist.

10/10 for me

Latest posts