• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What TV Show's are you watching/looking forward to?

Just finished Better Call Saul - incredible show, almost felt like multiple shows with how much growth there was throughout/the variety of plots/themes

Still prefer Breaking Bad (which I'm probably going to roll right into a rewatch now) but it's really up there as one of my all time favourites now
Travesty that Odenkirk didn't win anything for his portrayal of Jimmy/Saul/Gene

I liked the cameos in the final series of Jesse/Walter/Marie - 43yr old Aaron Paul not that convincing as a 20-something though, ha
Bit of fan service explaining where Huel ended up
I really really liked how in the present day everything was black and white except the reflection of the BCS video in his glasses, nice touch

Just finished Better Call Saul - incredible show, almost felt like multiple shows with how much growth there was throughout/the variety of plots/themes
I'm going to pretend you didn't write anything else after this.

Only joking obviously. I really like BB as well and I don't think there's too much between them but I do feel BCS edges it and is less formulaic. Those guys are talented writers though, for sure. The thing like like about BCS, and a sign of really good writing and character/plot development, is that you know how most of the things are going to roughly pan out in BCS as it's a prequel but it keeps you invested and guessing.

Anyway, I don't even know what I'm talking about properly, still got 2 episodes to go. Kind of don't want to watch it.

I finally started ring of power. Very underwhelmed so far. Nothing seems to come across very well and all th characters seem a bit rubbish. Elves don't really act like elves and just small details seem focussed on making a modern show and not a good show.

I've been watching Rings of Power each week and find it very boring.

Four episodes in and it doesn't feel like anything has happened.

Watching The Sopranos again from start.

I've been watching Rings of Power each week and find it very boring.

Four episodes in and it doesn't feel like anything has happened.

Watching The Sopranos again from start.
Will this be your second time viewing Sopranos or have you seen it more than twice?

Really fell off Ring of Power. I will go back if and when it picks up significantly, but they've done a really bad job establishing the plot. It's more like a 'which one is Sauron' whodunnit. It's getting it's ass beat by House of the Dragon right now. I'm still on the '**** those little Darby O'Gill Oirish hobbits' train.

Devil in Ohio is an ok show that flops horribly at the end, compete with an "....ok?" Inducing twist and some terrible pronunciation of the Irish language.

I started Wedding Season on Disney+ last night because it has an Irish lead. It's decent so far. Bit of a murder mystery crossed with a romance plot. The two main characters are pretty unlikeable though.

Welcome to Wrexham is a nice light watch. Reasonably uplifting, but I do wish they'd focus on the actual football more. It seems like they didn't properly film the games for the doc tbh I could probably do without the explanations of the football pyramid or what Wales is as well, but that's clearly for the wider audience.

Really fell off Ring of Power. I will go back if and when it picks up significantly, but they've done a really bad job establishing the plot. It's more like a 'which one is Sauron' whodunnit. It's getting it's ass beat by House of the Dragon right now. I'm still on the '**** those little Darby O'Gill Oirish hobbits' train.

Devil in Ohio is an ok show that flops horribly at the end, compete with an "....ok?" Inducing twist.

I started Wedding Season on Disney+ last night because it has an Irish lead. It's decent so far. Bit of a murder mystery crossed with a romance plot. The two main characters are pretty unlikeable though.

Welcome to Wrexham is a nice light watch. Reasonably uplifting, but I do wish they'd focus on the actual football more. I could probably do without the explanations of the football pyramid or what Wales is (my as well, but that's clearly for the wider audience.

I've got around to Cobra Kai season 5.

Still awesome mix of OTT stupidity, with a surprisingly strong plot and character development behind it.

Last edited:
Idk if I've talked about only murders in the building but it's one of the few scripted tv shows I've watched in the past decade. Abbot elementary is also quite good.

I'm boycotting welcome to wrexham until rob stops wearing wrexham stuff on the it's always Sunny pod.

Idk if I've talked about only murders in the building but it's one of the few scripted tv shows I've watched in the past decade. Abbot elementary is also quite good.

I'm boycotting welcome to wrexham until rob stops wearing wrexham stuff on the it's always Sunny pod.
One of the few scripted tv shows? Missing out on a lot then!

Ahhh so you're a "creep"

I would also prefer he not wear anything repping the gogs but I allow it.

Rob does genuinely seem like a massive American sports fan but it seems his passion is the Eagles so would've been much better if he went to South Wales and brought a grass roots Welsh rugby team. Would've been a much better documentary and would've cost him less too

I do wonder what came first, though. Did Mcelhenny wake up one morning and was like I'm going to buy a football team or did Disney approach him and say "Hey, do you want to be in a documentary about you buying a football team in Wales"

Still prefer Breaking Bad (which I'm probably going to roll right into a rewatch now) but it's really up there as one of my all time favourites now
Travesty that Odenkirk didn't win anything for his portrayal of Jimmy/Saul/Gene
Did you buy the ending of BCS?

👍 on BB.

Ahhh so you're a "creep"

I would also prefer he not wear anything repping the gogs but I allow it.

Rob does genuinely seem like a massive American sports fan but it seems his passion is the Eagles so would've been much better if he went to South Wales and brought a grass roots Welsh rugby team. Would've been a much better documentary and would've cost him less too

I do wonder what came first, though. Did Mcelhenny wake up one morning and was like I'm going to buy a football team or did Disney approach him and say "Hey, do you want to be in a documentary about you buying a football team in Wales"
I think he, like a lot of sport loving Americans, find the idea of lower league football to be really romantic. Apparently he went to Reynolds with the idea of buying a club cause Ryan has Deadpool money. Then I don't know if they found wrexham or went to Disney first.

I think he, like a lot of sport loving Americans, find the idea of lower league football to be really romantic. Apparently he went to Reynolds with the idea of buying a club cause Ryan has Deadpool money. Then I don't know if they found wrexham or went to Disney first.
Yeah he made a funny joke about this in the doc saying he just had "TV money" and not only did he need "movie money" but needed "super hero movie money" to buy Wrexham. It cost £2 mil apparently. More than I thought it would be.

American Horror Story.

Not horrific not surprising and not particularly entertaining, but the wife's watching it, and its better than watching Bath.

American Horror Story.

Not horrific not surprising and not particularly entertaining, but the wife's watching it, and its better than watching Bath.
Loved the first few seasons of that, Asylum especially

Stopped watching partway through the Hotel series and haven't gone back to it though

I quit the first after about 3 episodes, 2nd season kept me throughout, 3rd season had my eyes on the phone instead for the first 2 episodes.
She's currently about 2/3 of the way though S03.

Latest posts