• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What TV Show's are you watching/looking forward to?

Monster -The Jeffrey Dahmer Story on Netflix.
Watched the first 2 episodes of 10.
Has the makings of a good series.

Behind her eyes, first few episodes, I was following it, trying to work out what was going onwhat was wrong, what she held over him etc etc.
Then I worked out the dream walking thing, and lost interest immediately - I've no patience for magic in the real world
Just started the last episode and
I'm pretty sure the full explanation is going to be "a wizard did it" - probably a full-on ******* body swap if I'm reading it right, and **** that!
ETA
yup - magic - though I didn't see him taking Louise's body, just Adele's

Last edited:
1664860860503.png

Mysteries Of The Unknown on the Travel Channel. I always learn something new whenever I watch this show. It's very interesting.

Last edited:
Monster -The Jeffrey Dahmer Story on Netflix.
Watched the first 2 episodes of 10.
Has the makings of a good series.

Just finished watching this,
Very good show - didn't realise it was by the American Horror Story creator (though with Evan Peters as the lead it should've been obvious)
Peters is a fantastic actor - the whole cast was great

Knew very little about Dahmer before
The failings of the police, when given so many opportunities to act, is crazy

Abbot Elementary on Hulu is very good. The Office but in an elementary school and if Michael Scott (or whoever Gervais played) had the morals of the gang.

Anyone got any spoiler-free opinions on Rings of Power or Interview with the Vampire?

I'm wary about both of them - and wary of spoilers if I go looking

Anyone got any spoiler-free opinions on Rings of Power or Interview with the Vampire?

Ring if Power started off weak just a little meandering to start after episode 1 with but really enjoyed the last 4 episodes.

Not watched the other.

I thought rings of power was ok overall but I nearly stopped watching it a couple of times. It's plot is good but acting and general actor/ character choice is rubbish.

If you are a real Tolkien fan you'll struggle with ring of power but it's an ok watch overall.

The Fire Within. Herzog can come across as tasteless and exploitative of people's deaths, but this compilation of footage from a couple that spent their lives traveling to remote places to study remote active volcanoes was bordering on hypnotic at points.

Also belatedly very much enjoying The Good Wife on All4 (mixing legal drama and political campaign drama with a gradually introduced sprinkling of excellent humour).

I can't believe they mention Homicide, then don't include it in the top 100. The ones I have strong feelings on are:

Homicide (my number 1) > The Wire (same author) and > Hill Street Blues (which admittedly is great)
Frasier > Cheers
Babylon 5 > Battlestar Gallactica

The article is a reminder to me to watch Oz from the start (came in midway through and it was great but got too outlandish). I also need to fish out the Roots DVD boxset a relative has. That'll probably all do until 2024.

Frasier > Cheers
Agreed. I think that there's a bias towards programmes from an era of fewer channels, when big shows got mega viewing figures that forced them into the national consciousness on a level that just doesn't happen today as viewers have more choice. Not that I'm saying that they're bad shows, but I'd say that the same goes for M*A*S*H and Roots. There's also the nostalgia factor, it's not unusual for me to track something down that I remember loving only to find that it's nowhere near as enjoyable as I remembered. To be fair, changing tastes and norms are a factor in this.

Latest posts