• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What TV Show's are you watching/looking forward to?

Aye, that was one hell of an episode.
This season is really shaping up to be one of the best.

Just hope GOT doesn't outstay it's welcome. It should really start wrapping things up in this and and next season (7 seasons for the 7 Kingdoms?).

Just hope GOT doesn't outstay it's welcome. It should really start wrapping things up in this and and next season (7 seasons for the 7 Kingdoms?).
I belive the intention is two more seasons after this one.

I thought the next one was the final season?

Edit: Nope just looked and it has 2 more seasons after this.

Well to be fair its based off the book series, so I'm more than happy to have as many seasons as it takes to do justice to the story.

Agreed; justice to the story is paramount. Just felt certain threads of the series are beginning to drag.

Agreed; justice to the story is paramount. Just felt certain threads of the series are beginning to drag.

Well that's what happens when you pushed certain stories (like the Iron Islands for example) to the side to give other thing priority. These storylines will drag while other storylines play catch up (sometimes badly like the eye rolling rushed single set Dornish storyline that has more holes than a brothel.)

Well that's what happens when you pushed certain stories (like the Iron Islands for example) to the side to give other thing priority. These storylines will drag while other storylines play catch up (sometimes badly like the eye rolling rushed single set Dornish storyline that has more holes than a brothel.)
Yep. The issue is more that too little time has been spent on certain storylines, making the story too thin to engage. Dorne has been cut down massively, and we barely get any Dorne, but it is easily the low point of the show. Meanwhile, the Wall and King's Landing get the most airtime, and is the best part of the show.

I don't get why anything even had to be cut. GOT is HBO's most successful show. If you can get more series out of it and make a better show, why not play it out in full?

Peaky Blinders, ep. 1 series 3 starts on Thursday at 9pm

I love those show a lot "May I Come in Madam and Comedy Classes" by Life OK.

In recent times I've gotten to watch Against the Wind (an Australian miniseries from .... perhaps '79 or '80?) -- and from our British friends -- By the Sword Divided (both seasons), the Sharpe series, and a program I'd never heard of, but seeing the movie trailer inspired me to do a little search for it: Dad's Army - which I enjoyed far more than I intended to. (I'm still pretty sure the movie will be a disappointment - I won't bother seeing it until it appears on Turner Classic Movies.)

You may or may not be aware that Sharpe was named after Richard Sharp, the ex-Redruth RFC, Cornwall, Wasps, England and British Lions fly half of the fifties and sixties. He was a childhood hero of Bernard Cornwell, the author of the series of books on which the TV series was based. Richard Sharp's try against Scotland still makes all time lists and I believe is available to watch on YouTube.

Last edited:
I thought the next one was the final season?

Edit: Nope just looked and it has 2 more seasons after this.

I read somewhere that the show runners had said in an interview that they were only planning on a further 13 episodes after the current series but this is unconfirmed. It seems like there's an awful lot to wrap up in just 21 more episodes.

Where did you hear 2 more seasons? Everything I've come up with through Google appears to be unconfirmed speculation.

I belive the intention is two more seasons after this one.

Co-creators David Benioff and Daniel Weiss are reportedly "looking" to cut the HBO programme after two more shortened series.

Speaking to The Hollywood Reporter about the future of the show, David said: "I think we're down to our final 13 episodes after this season.

"We're heading into the final lap. That's the guess, though nothing is yet set in stone, but that's what we're looking at."

It's believed season seven will be made up of seven episodes, while the final will conclude on the sixth - in comparison to its previous 10-episode run - to allow the creative team to focus more on the plot this time around.

Source: Read more at http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/entert...ess-emilia-clarke-7924110#SugKj4igrzXFhVCZ.99

Just read on Flipboard from the daily record website. Seasons 7 and 8 will be shortened; so won't be the 10 episodes per season like 1-6.

Latest posts