• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What TV Show's are you watching/looking forward to?

It's a really good show all round. From seasons 1-3. It's consistently good.

New Witcher trailer is sick! He nailed Geralts voice! I never read the books but I played all 3 games and loved them all (Though 2 was a bit worse than the rest). Quite amped for it after GOT s8 got me so down.

Still not sure what's going on in Watchmen, but still enjoying it.
Appears to not be a 'Who dunnit', more a 'what the hell is it?'.

Been rewatching Russell Brand's ponderland and it's genuinely hilarious

Not a fan of his standup but ponderland is incredible

Just noticed that season 2 of Jack Ryan is out on Amazon so will probably start that today - distraction from the rugby.
Loved the first season so hoping it's just as good.

question anyone know a working way to watch Disney + when it comes out the usual stuff Cough Nord cough express isn't working on Disney + ATM

I don't want to wait till 2020 to watch the new stuff!!!!

question anyone know a working way to watch Disney + when it comes out the usual stuff Cough Nord cough express isn't working on Disney + ATM

I don't want to wait till 2020 to watch the new stuff!!!!

You could always go the torrenting route.

You could always go the torrenting route.
I'll happily go the illegal route for the Disney+ shows guilt-free, as I'm comfortable in the knowledge I'll be signing up day one 'when' it becomes available in the UK.

Just noticed that season 2 of Jack Ryan is out on Amazon so will probably start that today - distraction from the rugby.
Loved the first season so hoping it's just as good.
Finished this last night,

It was decent but not a patch on the first one.
Bit too "hollywood" (TV shows often lose their realism as they go on) and some of the writing was pretty lame/rushed:
The bloodthirsty mercenary just randomly forgiving/being mates with Ryan after he'd gotten his finger cut off...yeah right.
And the Senator being the bad guy at the end, after literally zero build up or anything - it was just crap writing. If they'd have just left it being the Venezuelan president as being the big bad guy it would have been fine, but 15mins before the end of the season they're like "Oh yeah also there's an american involved" so I was trying to think of any American that's been in the season and was thinking "If they randomly make the senator a baddy it's gonna be so terrible". Low and behold...

Agreed, did the books justice, unlike the awful 2006(?) film.
Yeah, I think it comes down to the fact that book adaptations are just better suited to a 8-12 episode tv shows than a film (now that TV has the financial clout to sport luxurious production values). The film version just had to squeeze so much stuff into 2hrs that loads of story got cut and what was left still felt like a whistle-stop tour.

What with the all-out TV war (Netflix vs Amazon vs Disney+ vs HBO Max vs Apple TV) the quality of TV (already high) is going to be stratospheric in the next 5-10 years.

Ive watched manhunt Una Bomber and mindhunter with my wife and while we disagree on most tv she likes that kind of show and are looking for more in the same vein. Any help or suggestions?

I know it's cool to hate on Rick and Morty but the new season started on Sunday and it was pretty good

I know it's cool to hate on Rick and Morty but the new season started on Sunday and it was pretty good
I've only watched the first two seasons (note to self, must find time to get back into this) but I loved it!

Watched the first two eps of The Mandalorian... it's not quite what I was expecting but I'm enjoying it. The concept art that runs during the end credits of each episode is gorgeous.