• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Which referee would you like to see ref the World Cup final, imagining your team

Wayne Barnes, Eng vs NZ

At least we would have a chance then!

If Wales were to get to the final... Wayne Barnes please (sir).

If Barnes refs any NZ (or Ireland) games going into knockout and final im going to have to fly over there and sort that clown out.
I'll pack my sledgehammer from work that should get the job done.....

But yeah its pretty much a given that Owens or Joubert should be doing it.

If Barnes refs any NZ (or Ireland) games going into knockout and final im going to have to fly over there and sort that clown out.

Who are you going to blame if he doesn't ref your game and you get knocked out though ?!?

A kiwi wanting Joubert to ref... no surprise there! He's probably still on the all blacks payroll. Does he do a 2 for 1 deal on world cups!??

Nigel Owen followed by Craig Joubert for me.

Owens is brilliant at calling it as he sees it and let's the game flow. The ABs v SA game in 2013 he refereed is a perfect example of 2 teams wanting to attack. He let it flow and the 2 best teams in the world went end to end from start to finish. Probably the best game of the modern era and the game you would choose to promote rugby.

The World Cup needs to be a show piece and grow the game so we can't have **** refs ruining it.

Last edited:
Barnes with two French linesman and a French TMO and then let the fight begin between the Kiwis and Boks to see who gets the biggest blame !

Latest posts