• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Who Are The Dirtiest Players In Rugby?

For me personally, the word 'dirty player' is associated with players who have a habit of getting yellow/red cards through unsportmanship play ie. punching, eye gouging, stomping recklessly and throwin stiff-arm tackles.

A few names that spring to mind include Danny Grewcock, Richard Loe, Rua Tipoki, Corne Krige, Troy Flavell, Butch James, and some of the French players in the amateur days, etc....and that list just included Bergamasco.

I would have to second Danny Grewcock and add Simon Shaw. They always seem to be around when something is doing down and are usually the reason for it.

Burger would definately get my vote. The guy just cn't seems to avoid trouble and is always after some ****le.

butch james with his outrageous high and late tackles

or McCaw cos he cheats way too much for my liking

I'm actually amazed Bakkies Botha hasn't been mentioned more often.
He'd get my vote in any case

bakkies botha is probly the dirtiest player in world rugby right now. from the past richard loe for new zealand was or that french guy that caught biting sean fitzpatricks ear in 94.

Brian Lima, well known for his massive high takles.

[/b]
massive, but rarely illegal (except for that coathanger on wilkinson in the world cup)

julian white is a bit of a dirty b****rd, and bakkis botha!

<div class='quotemain'> I'm actually amazed Bakkies Botha hasn't been mentioned more often.
He'd get my vote in any case [/b]

Why? Because the Weepee boys can't take the ruff stuff?
[/b][/quote]
shoulder charge to the back of the head is a bit more than a bit of 'rough stuff'!

Wasn't it Mauro Bergamasco who got suspended for eye gouging? If so that he takes this one.

Guys like Bakkies Botha and Brad Thorn get a bad rep because of the bruising style they play. I'm not saying they don't have dirty moments but wouldn't call either of them "the dirtiest player".

R u kidding me Bakkies Botha is currently the dirtiest c*** in rugby.
[/b]

I agree. Before each game he runs on, gets on his knees and says a prayer. Then he goes out to hurt and start fights. Hypocrite *******. I hate him. Andries Bekker FTW!

Wasn't it Mauro Bergamasco who got suspended for eye gouging? If so that he takes this one.

Guys like Bakkies Botha and Brad Thorn get a bad rep because of the bruising style they play. I'm not saying they don't have dirty moments but wouldn't call either of them "the dirtiest player". [/b]

Never saw him do one behind the head I definately saw few shoulder charges to the faces of a few players.

Latest posts