• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Who'll win the World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hate to say this but I think SA can beat NZ. Seriously, they are playing awesome

oh and NZ will lose to Aust in Semi

I really hate to say this but I think SA can beat NZ. Seriously, they are playing awesome

oh and NZ will lose to Aust in Semi [/b]
If i were you id put a big bet on your prediction The odd's are in your favor :cheers:

Much as I would love to see England retain the trophy (well with the way things are going, probably not), I reckon the All Blacks will win it. They'll beat South Africa in the final by a narrow scoreline.

the allblacks with ease.

[/b]
They may win, however to say they will win with ease is sheer idiocy.

It will come down to Australia, South Aftrica and New Zealand. Either of these team can win the ***le this year in my opinion. It will be a hard fought semi-final between two of these teams for sure and in the final the scoreline will be minimal.

New Zealand have been favourites for some time and are playing as well as usual.
South Africa are putting on a show for all and are firming as a huge threat to taking the whole thing out.
Australia have finally started to come together and provided the injury god is smiling upon them, they could beat anyone.

Argentina? They will make the quarters and put on a good show but go down gracefully. Hopefully in 2011 they will be true threats to the crown.

Argentina? They will make the quarters and put on a good show but go down gracefully. Hopefully in 2011 they will be true threats to the crown.
[/b]

Argentina have a very good chance of topping the pool of death. If this happens, I'm backing them to play the Springboks in the semis. I don't think Scotland or Italy have a chance against Argentina.

Looks like its an easy road for the Springboks to the finals :\
Whereas the All Blacks will most likely have to face France and Australia before even thinking about a final.

It will surely be a South Africa Vs New Zealand final,And i just cant see any other outcome than New Zealand lifting the trophy.Also i feel the northern hemisphere nations have been a real let down,Espeically as the tournament is in France.

My hunch is South Africa will win it.
[/b]

Me too, I think that South africa can beat the Kiwis, even if they had a lot of problems to beat Tonga this afternoon...

First England will has to beat Tonga and this should be difficult considering the prestation of both teams today

SCREW ALL OF YOU THE USA WILL WIN IT ALL!!!

GO EAGLES!!!

(just kidding)

I say:
1. The All Blacks choke as usual. Nothing more needs to be said here.

2. Argentina will not survive the group of death. Despite the hype, they just aren't that great in the "first tier..." ESPECIALLY in the RWC. Argentina is NOT a dark horse; they never were and they never will be.3. England gets outclassed by the top tier this year (probably by France/Ireland)

4. Australia will get shat on w/o their bread-and-butter 9/10 combo (and by shat on, I mean keep it close and then lose, but I hate the aussies)

5. Ireland will make the semis, and play a tight game with SA/England.

6. South Africa or France will lift the cup this year. Both are great teams, and despite some dodgy moves in the Tri-Nations and my obvious biases, SA has a lighting back row, the best back 3 in the world, and some blistering pace and intensity overall. And, don't sleep on the SAffa 9/10 combo of Pienaar/James. It's good. It's really really really good. I say France may win b/c they're at home, they have been the bridesmaids several times, and they have prove they can beat anyone when in top form with an AMAZING back row and a great backline.
[/b]

JA JA JA JA FRANCE IS HISTORY, NO CHANCES WITH ALL BLACKS
AND IRELAND WILL BE

THE TOP CANDIDATES ARE SOUTH AFRICA AND NEW ZELAND
BUT ARGENTINA IS VERY DANGEROUS, I TRUST IN PUMAS

by far i think everyone has been surprised with how argentina has performed thus far in the tourney...i will have to say argentina has a very good chance of winning it and when they play their game they are just as good as the all blacks, the boks, and the aussies....rugby is won in the trenches of rucks, mauls, and scrums....all of which i think argentina can more than handle on each of the aforementioned teams...argentinas pack is superb and their passing isnt all that bad...neither is their kicking...out of those 4 i would bet on argentina based on the return being much higher and the probability being about the same :)

Argentina is playing really well :bravo: . I would not say they have a "very good" chance of winning, but definitely a better chance then any of the home nations though.

by far i think everyone has been surprised with how argentina has performed thus far in the tourney...i will have to say argentina has a very good chance of winning it and when they play their game they are just as good as the all blacks, the boks, and the aussies....rugby is won in the trenches of rucks, mauls, and scrums....all of which i think argentina can more than handle on each of the aforementioned teams...argentinas pack is superb and their passing isnt all that bad...neither is their kicking...out of those 4 i would bet on argentina based on the return being much higher and the probability being about the same :)
[/b]
Bit of a comedian hey :D The 3N teams aren't no NH lightweights, they will crunch Argentina no worries....it's just an entirely different game playing a 3N team compared to a 6N team...

<div class='quotemain'> the allblacks with ease.

[/b]
They may win, however to say they will win with ease is sheer idiocy.

It will come down to Australia, South Aftrica and New Zealand. Either of these team can win the ***le this year in my opinion. It will be a hard fought semi-final between two of these teams for sure and in the final the scoreline will be minimal.

New Zealand have been favourites for some time and are playing as well as usual.
South Africa are putting on a show for all and are firming as a huge threat to taking the whole thing out.
Australia have finally started to come together and provided the injury god is smiling upon them, they could beat anyone.

[/b][/quote]

exaclty.... NZ may do it with ease against the lower nations but when you get to the semis, there's a lot more at stake and other team lift. everyone knows NZ are the favourites and they'll do anything to beat them. other teams aren't just going to lie down and take it, and if NZ win, they deserve it because i guarantee they will be made to earn it.

Hi,
Hard to know who will be the winner.
Only one evidence: it won't be an european team !!
Except if South hemispher teams would get the french flu !!

I'mnot sure All Blacks will win, they had an easy group and didnot really fight ...
Their defence seems to have weakness.
South Africa and Australia seem to have more complete teams.

So, i will bet on Australia 'cause it's my favorite team !!

Larkhams out for the quarter finals hes got an infection I'm hoping they make it through to the semi's and face off with the All Blacks so we can whoop dem. Springboks are good enough to beat the us but as seen in the Tri Nations time and time again we beat them.
The All Blacks are gonna take it because they're playing like crap and still beating teams by 40+ so just wait til they hit their straps.

I feel sorry for whoever comes against them in the final because the All Blacks gonna kill them.

GO THE ALL BLACKS!!!!!

chokeblacks should win it but wont

it will be australia or south africa

i think it may be the world cup the all blacks dont choke - bar 87 - however they will have to play at their very best with both the springboks and wallabies playing well so far. the real darkhorse is argentina, while i dont think they will win, they will give opponents a real struggle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts