• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Who's the Doorman? I'm the Doorman!

O

O'Rothlain

I've just been hired as the Doorman to an Irish Pub in St. Louis called the Dubliner. They've never had one before, so I'll be the lone pioneer. Friday and Saturday nights. So, if your looking for a fight, you know where to find me. Seriously, though, don't cause any trouble, I will bounce your ass.
4B4E0686-3048-2ADC-463646E912EEA712.jpg

I remember when I was 14 and I went to the English expat pub "The Cricketers Arms" on International Drive in Orlando.

As if it wasn't bizaree enough to have this lovely little corner of England (designed and decorated by a British ex-pat himself) in the middle of a mexican style cantina of a Food Court, the front door was guarded by two huge blinged up African Yank doormen.

"'Sup lil' dude" I remember one of them asking me, I think I replied with the words "....whoa.."

However inside, they pulled a nice pint of London Pride in there!

I'm working on my atomic elbow too...
Maybe I'll pull out blue steel...wait, that's something altogether different...

Let us know what happens with your first surly customer. Could be a good story!

I wonder what would happen at a Bouncer convention and a fight broke out?

Everyone would be putting everyone in arm locks and stuff! No punches being thrown...just armlocks.

In the UK a license cost £400 unless the establishment you are working for will pay it or go half's. Do you have to get a license in the USA?

I'm working on my atomic elbow too...
Maybe I'll pull out blue steel...wait, that's something altogether different... [/b]

There's always room for a steel chair.

I wonder what would happen at a Bouncer convention and a fight broke out?

Everyone would be putting everyone in arm locks and stuff! No punches being thrown...just armlocks.
[/b]
This was the owner/manager's one request, "Please don't punch anyone."

Do you have to put on an Irish accent now that you work at an Irish pub, or does the customary, "Top of the morning, to ya" suffice?

In the UK a license cost £400 unless the establishment you are working for will pay it or go half's. Do you have to get a license in the USA?
[/b]
No clue...I did doorman work in San Diego, and I heard someone say that we were "supposed to have them and if we were asked say that we were just hired and going through training."
I hope I don't have to have one...I'm doing this because I don't have money...it'd be a shame to have to pay 200 for something that is a second job.

Do you have to put on an Irish accent now that you work at an Irish pub, or does the customary, "Top of the morning, to ya" suffice?
[/b]
Well, I have to dress like this:
lucky-leprechaun.jpg

The accent thing hasn't come up yet...

Get y'ass a Gaelic footy top....everyone will assume you are the a proper Seamus O'Shamrock Irishman. My An Dun shirt becomes something of a millstone 'cause so many people ask me about it (however it does look the business).

Also if my Irish friend's U.S. Irish bar experiences are anything to go by if you can put on an Irish accent it will have unexpected financial benefits...She was stunned how many yanks were trying to give her money for her to buy some 'Choccy' or to buy records by 'The Corrs'. ;)

SB

Latest posts