• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wimbledon

The highlights of Wimbledon 2007

pictures_wimbledon2007.jpg

Good final between Nadal and Federer, I thought Federer looked off his game and a bit vulnerable, it will be interesting to see how the two fair next year...

The Championships overall were rather dissappointing this year, perhaps due to there being no real interest sparked, and when it was, it was interrupted for rain (or Nadal's case, played over 5 days).

I think Becker made a good point on the BBC highlights show that, although Nadal and Federer are superb players and would stand up in any era, the rest of the Top 10 at the moment is weaker, either because of players retiring, the crop being to young (i.e. Murray, and the guy who retired in the semi-final against Nadal, temporarily forgotten his name) to compete.

Nice light hearted Mixed Doubles Final as well, though I did feel for Bjorkman, it's something like 3 mixed doubles finals now and still no ***le. I also felt the Bryan twins from the US were robbed in their final, a set up and on break point in the second set, one of them was adjudged to have touched the net with his racket, when actually it was the ball that touched the net - they went on to lose that set 6-3, and the match 3 sets to 1.

I'm personally getting tired of the same finals over and over.. Nadal vs Federer... give someone else a chance guys... :)

give someone else a chance guys... :) [/b]

Haha, charity tennis :p

Nadal was giving Novak Djokovic a chance in the semi before he had to pull up lame... admittedly it wasn't on purpose...

Wouldn't you say that the number 1 and 2 players in the would should be in the final though?

lolz, Federer wasn't at his best, and still won. Guess it shows the class of the guy.

Nadal struggled to even make the final.

Would be interesting to see how things will go in the US Open. I'm hoping Federer wins again, and be in the final against someone other than Nadal.

I say Sampras should have made a comeback at Wimbledon like he was thinking of doing...

When should he have made his comeback?

I thought it was the passing of the torch when Federer beat Sampras

lolz, Federer wasn't at his best, and still won. Guess it shows the class of the guy.

Would be interesting to see how things will go in the US Open. I'm hoping Federer wins again, and be in the final against someone other than Nadal. [/b]

Nadal injured himself during the Final though remember, until that the game was preety much even.

<div class='quotemain'> lolz, Federer wasn't at his best, and still won. Guess it shows the class of the guy.

Would be interesting to see how things will go in the US Open. I'm hoping Federer wins again, and be in the final against someone other than Nadal. [/b]

Nadal injured himself during the Final though remember, until that the game was preety much even.

[/b][/quote]

To be honest it didnt really seem like it affected him much

Latest posts