TRF_Cymro

Cymro The White
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Barbarians
_50605028_104457889.jpg

New Sale Sharks head coach Pete Anglesea has handed the captaincy to winger Mark Cueto.

England international Cueto, 31, takes over from James Gaskell, who has been sidelined for two months with an ankle ligament injury.

"The leadership skills of Mark will be vital to us," said Anglesea, who took over as coach last week following Mike Brewer's sacking.

"We are looking to Mark to lead the club forward with heart and passion."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/my_club/sale/9326182.stm

He's a proven international, has a great work ethic and seems like an all round good guy. However, as Mite said, how do you lead when you're stuck out on the wing all day?

I don't know that much about the Sale pack, but surely there's someone in there who could have done a job?

I was expecting Ormsby to get the job
He's pretty much guaranteed a starting spot, is a forward, will lead by example/from the front, and won't be called away for internationals

However, Cueto isn't a bad choice by a long shot, and would be my top choice of the backs for the captaincy (Peel could do it too, but on his current/recent form I wouldn't want him starting every game)

Murphy does alright at FB/Captain for Tigers, and noone complains when HRH Brian O'Driscoll is captaining Ireland, so it should be alright

Just give the guy a chance and the results will speak for themselves.

With a Full Back as captain he can see the whole field, same for BOD at center, he sees the game, on the wing you can be far away from the action. But then if they win games then it wont matter.

Anyway, aside from talking to the ref, the captain's job isn't that important. The leaders will still lead, regardless of who has the armband.

If you're reduced to bloody wingers being the man to stand up and say it how it is, you might as well go home. They're all morally deficient. All.

Latest posts