• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Women

Now my experience is entirely different. I know for a fact if I acted like an idiot I'd get the boot, simple as that.

However, I think there's a difference between being nice and being a sap, that's the fine line you have to tread. For example, if I say I'm going to call/text then I do, I take my missus out for dinner every now and again, I endure shopping trips, that sort of thing. That doesn't mean I don't have a joke at her expense every now and again, tease her - and if there's something I want to do she hears about it. For example, my girlfriend is coming to stay next weekend and I've alreayd told her very openly that I plan to watch every Six Nations match while she's there.

Fortuntely her dad and brother play rugby, so she is actually fairly happy watching it, but I'd still be watching these matches even if she wasn't. Perhaps I just got lucky in that respect, we are both willing to compromise and don't expect to be doing the things that only interest us every minute of the day.

True, maybe you've found something really special.

When I say jerk, I don't mean a complete arsehole. I mean more of a balance you know good guy, bad guy persona Of course all the stuff im saying is theory but girls agree with me. You can't tell me that during high school that most if not all the guys that were getting all hot chicks were genuinely nice guys. It's like in the american movies when the football players are jerks and get the cheerleaders.I know this is true because I was hang out with some of these jerks lol. confidence is the number 1 thing though and it pretty much weighs everything else out.

I don't know about you guys but when I'm drunk my chances increase a lot. It makes no sense because I'm more quiet when Im drunk(I can hold a conversation for a long period of time though). It's probbably because I'm more vunerble. Last time I went out (drunk) I had at least 4 chicks come up to me they were subtle about it though. 2 of the chicks even shouted me alcohol I didnt even know what the f*** I was drinking lol.The weirdest thing was though was when a chick wanted the bubblegum from my mouth lol. But It was all ruined when my friend (who is a girl) came and started hanging out with me, because I think they got intimidated cause shes hot. I could never understand why a person would take advantage of someone who was drunk. Girls have tried to get with me while they were drunk but I always turn them down. I usually end up heariung from someone that even though they were drunk they really wanted to get with me. Oh well.

It's more about not patronising them and being a total soft-cock romantic all the time.

For example, I'll pay for the cinema when me and my girlfriend go - which isn't every week but a decent amount - or if we go out for a couple drinks i'll pay for them (well, i kinda have to cause she's not 18 yet though but that's not the point). But she also pays for things for herself. I don't drink, but she does, so if she asks me to get her some alcohol for a party or something she gives me the money back because it's not something I'm doing too. I think alot of women would feel weird having EVERYTHING paid for them by their partners. I know that there's the stereotype and to a degree it is true but I don't know anygirls who would be completley comfortable with that. If a girl ever expected me to pay, I'd tell her where to go in no uncertain terms. I think alot of it is down to feeling independent for a woman.

I used to be a bit of 'pay for everything' kind of idiot, but I soon learnt the error of that. Last time my missus came down for the weekend for example, I paid for dinner on the Saturday night, but she shouted the cinema trip the next day. Sure, mine was a little more, but the fact we compromised is the main thing.

Anyone who expects a student to pay for their stuff as well as the students own is off their trolley anyway. Never ever going to happen.

All I know is that they're a pain in the arse and think we don't care so don't think that we feel pain when they treat us like idiots.

Anyone who expects a student to pay for their stuff as well as the students own is off their trolley anyway. Never ever going to happen. [/b]

As the RFU have discovered to their expense!

As if guys are totally logical beings ina relationship, what a load of nonsense.

Seriously, all girls go for guys who are (mild) jerks until the age of thirty? All girls like the guys to pay for them?

And girls like guys in a relationship better?

You can't honestly believe all that stuff?

Fair enough, women aren't always reasonable, and sometimes they do some stupid things, but does that mean that that is the case with all girls? Or that at every point in a woman's life, she's being unreasonable in her relationship? (in the case of her being in one, that is).
And are men reasonable 24 hours a day, seven days a week, about women?

Being logic in a relationship isn't something that is a priviledge of only one gender. Just as being unreasonable isn't one.

Also, next time, don't sleep in another girl's bed, even when nothing happens. Your girlfriend trusts you, but she might not trust however it is you're lying next to. Even if nothing happened, she'll think that that other girl has feelings for you, and that will just make her insecure. And that is one thing I do admit, when women are insecure, they can do some stupid things.

Also:
All I know is that they're a pain in the arse. [/b]

You're doing it wrong sweetie, re-read kama Sutra.

I can imagine how Webby would've felt if he found out that his girlfriend had "innocently" slept beside Charlie one night, lol.

I have to agree with nearly all Laetca said. One objection though, there does seem to be a percentage of the female species which seem to object to the generalisations made about women and thats because those generalisations don't apply to them.

I would guess about 20% of women are like what I imagine you are like, Laetca. Reasonable, fair minded, easy going and not overly demanding.

These girls suffer the horrible generalisations that are thrown around about women, but the fact is that they don't apply to them.

I call it the "you lucky b*stard" percentage. These are the girls that as guys we see others with and think, as I said above, "You lucky b*stard!"

These are the girls who aren't obsessed by hair, make-up and the mindless variety of girl talk. These are the ones who can go to a game of sport or movie and not complain "that it's just not her thing" endlessly afterwards.

These are the ones who try to make friends with the guy's mates and interact in his social group without trying to absorb him exclusively into her own. (Believe me I've seen many a met disappear for a year or two due to a new girlfriend).

There are a lot of wonderful women out there, but unfortunately, you are outnumbered.

Nearly all I said above applies to guys too.

As if guys are totally logical beings ina relationship, what a load of nonsense.

Seriously, all girls go for guys who are (mild) jerks until the age of thirty? All girls like the guys to pay for them?

And girls like guys in a relationship better?
[/b]

There are no exceptions all females are the same. </span>

C A Iversen, I agree with there being different sort of girls, but I think that the girls with a good head on their shoulders outnumber the ones that think a visit to their beautician is expanding their horizon, and possibly their fingernails, and that reading up on gossip is all the reading one should do nowadays.

I can only speak from personal experience, I fell for some rotten eggs back in the days, but now I'm with a smart and genuinely nice guy, and I'm far from being thirty years old. I never felt interested in a guy who had a relationship, and I dislike never paying for myself. I suppose that makes me a man then.
Same goes for most girls I know, except for one friend, we haven't yet figured out what she discusses with her boyfriend, unless it's football. They don't share any other common interests. Most of the others that are in relationships have managed to find a good balance between his and her friends, between paying and being payed for, and I know for sure that none of the people I know have ever cheated or felt the need to cheat on their partner.
Maybe I live in another universe, with a whole bunch of aliens who are just as deformed as myself.

Maybe I live in another universe, with a whole bunch of aliens who are just as deformed as myself.
[/b]
By the description that you gave of the lives of you and the friends around you....I would say so....it's certainly unlike any situation in my neck of the woods...

Lucky me in that case :p

We will be accepting new habitants of this dimension every third of the month, as soon as you find out where we're hiding, you can fill in a form and we'll consider you then.
No entry fee required. Cookies might help though :D

I call it the "you lucky b*stard" percentage. These are the girls that as guys we see others with and think, as I said above, "You lucky b*stard!"

These are the girls who aren't obsessed by hair, make-up and the mindless variety of girl talk. These are the ones who can go to a game of sport or movie and not complain "that it's just not her thing" endlessly afterwards.[/b]

Well following this weekend I think I may be one of the lucky ********. Must just say the original point of this thread is now redundant for me personally.

My girlfriend came to visit this weekend and sat through a full 3 Six Nations matches without complaining once. Admittedly members of her family play rugby, and she does watch England matches anyway, but she couldn't have been a better partner. No stupid questions, no complaints about when it was going to finish, no heavy sighs and rolling of the eyes - she knows it's something I enjoy and stuck with it. She even offered to swap seats with me when a guy came and partially obscured my view at one point, an offer which I would never have taken her up on, but nice nonetheless.

On the other hand, I shopped with her all of Saturday morning without complaint, we went out to dinner twice and I generally tried to make sure I paid her all the attention she deserved.

We seem to have found a good balance in terms of what we do together, trying to make sure one person never pays for everything or is left utterly bored all day.

We also click in other ways I'm definately not going to discuss. All I know is that I was absolutely cut up when I had to say goodbye at the station this morning.

Forgot to mention that I also sat through all of Dirty Dancing without falling asleep or passing trivial comments. I think 3 rugby matches is actually a pretty lenient trade-off in hindsight. :p

Forgot to mention that I also sat through all of Dirty Dancing without falling asleep or passing trivial comments. I think 3 rugby matches is actually a pretty lenient trade-off in hindsight. :p [/b]

:blink:

Are you a sadist?

Could sit through Ghost, that isn't so bad. Was threatened with Hairspray but there's certain things I just refuse to watch.

What you're all neglecting to mention is the fact that my missus sat through 4+ hours of rugby, and is therefore amazing.

Latest posts