• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Worcester vs Sale

H

Hobb5y

Well I'm looking forward to this match, both teams really need the win, Sale as they haven't won away in this years GP yet, Worcester as they wanta move on up that table. Sale also have starting Luke McAlister so hopefully him and Charlie Hodgson will become a formidable 10-12 combo, but for this match McAlister is at 13. For Worcester

It's probably one of the mmost important matches so far. Sale need a win to get some confidence away from home. Worcester will fancy their chances, and they are scrapping for survival really and mid-table poor travellers will be prime targets to grind out some points.

Sale have an awesome team, this games on sky tonight...looking forward to it :D

Sale haven't been the worst travellers tbh, I mean some of there games were shocking (cardiff) god knows what happened there. But the Bath game they lost by 1 point in a horrible game from both sides, so yea they need to get a win to start moving up the table and confidence but I'm really hopeful this year about a HC placement for 2008-2009

Being as the only decent player these days on Worcesters books is Drahm, who's beginning to show the fatal signs of being past it (and never get's played in his preferd 10 shirt anyway), combined with Sale's big names returning/debuting, I can only see this one going one way.

Worcester win!

Nah, in reality Sale should comfortably take all 5 points back to the North West.

NB. Tucker vs McAlister? :lol: I hope dear young Luke doesn't expect the rest of his career in the north to be quite so easy!!!! :lol:

Being as the only decent player these days on Worcesters books is Drahm, who's beginning to show the fatal signs of being past it (and never get's played in his preferd 10 shirt anyway), combined with Sale's big names returning/debuting, I can only see this one going one way.

Worcester win!

Nah, in reality Sale should comfortably take all 5 points back to the North West.

NB. Tucker vs McAlister? :lol: I hope dear young Luke doesn't expect the rest of his career in the north to be quite so easy!!!! :lol: [/b]

Player for player Sale are a much better side, but if Worcester gel at home and the forwards take it to the up front then they could sneak it. Any side in the GP can win any given day if they front up, have a stout defence, force some errors and maybe get a little luck.

Really enjoyed the game, the first try in particular was excellent. Nice way to finish off with the bonus points, they need a Schalk in the side to get to the breakdown quickly but in general i was very impressed. Worchester were ok, pretty much what you would expect from the bottom team, lots of guts and determination but just lacking confidence as well as the all important cutting edge. Good start for McAlistar :bravo:

Well with Chabal playing at number 7 something was wrong there. JM Lobbe is injured along with Lund who our are true 7's i guess. But apart from the break down and the lack of discipline from sheridan/bruno game was good for any sale fan. Silly of Worcester to basically gift them that last try opportunity.