• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

World Cup Kits, Shirts, Jersey...

I used to hate the French jersey, but since owning it, it has grown on me. Best looking kit at the moment, easily.

The new ENgland one is rank! I ordered the 'classic style' RWC shirt and to put it plainly, Nike have seriously dropped the ball. Regardless of peoples feelings on the designs of the Canterbury and Adidas efforts this year the quality of the supporters shirts I've seen cannot be argued with. All the shirts are made of good material with embroidered logos and RWC2007 badges.

The Nike effort on the other hand can only be described as a cheap and nasty attempt at ripping off supporters for 50 quid. All the badges are ironed onto the material, not embroidered like they always were before, and the IRB badge seems to be made of cellofane. I'll be worried to put in the wash more than a couple of times in case all the badges come off, which in time I'm sure they will!

The players versions are starting to look more and more like football shirts. I'll be sticking to my 2000/2001 'btcellnet' jersey. Now that's an England shirt!

Has any one seen an New Zealand RWC away strip? Picking we will have to wear one against Scotland as normal and now possibly France as their shirt is so dark now.

Heres a picture of our old one I found on the net, although I though we always wore white.

ADI07507.jpg

The ABs shirt looks good, but really just the same as normal. Would be good if they could colour the silver fern side mesh panels a cool dark silver colour. But then they wouldnt be the all blacks I spose. Nice jersey - shame we cant do anything with it.

I will only buy the RWC cup one if we actually win the thing! As a compromise I bought a nice Adidas RWC Polo shirt to tide me over. At least they can change that a bit. The polo is made out of their climacool and climalite material and looks better than the pic, and is comfortable and light. The 25 quid price tag is not to bad either.

all-blacks-rwc-polo.jpg

Funny thing is NZ jersey and polos etc are way more expensive in NZ! Commerative jersey in UK is 69 pound ($185) , and $250 in NZ! [/b]

I've seen the polo. And my God I want it.

Go France but the jersey is very bad, it's not rugby's jersey, it's a gymnastic's jersey

The canterbury jerseys would look a lot nicer without those white mesh strips. At least on the springbok jersey they've made them a much lighter colour so they don't stand out too much.
In the Springboks vs Scotland game over the weekend it looked like the Scots were wearing an half white jersey. Rude.
And the supporters replica gear is worse because the strips are even more noticeable.

But still - the canterbury jerseys are still heaps better than the Nike jerseys.
Especially the French home one. That doesn't look like a French jersey at all and one suspects they made the colours so dark so that if they have to face the All Blacks at the RWC then the All Blacks will be forced to wear their silver alternate strip.

Speaking of the All Blacks strip - simplicity rules in that jersey. I hated what adidas did to the Jersey for the '99 RWC with its rude silvery grip strips.
The current "black as night" strip is IMHO the best strip the Blacks have ever worn.
And that still leaves the away strip for adidas to muck about with - hence the silver scheme of the current uni.

All I know is that our is awful. We (England) look like cornettos. [/b]
You guys look like you're sponsored by Tampax, all white with that nasty red thing going from your pants up to your neck... Oh ****, I think I'm gonna puke. :vomit:

I haven't been following this thread so I don't know if this has already been pointed out, but -

If New Zealand meet France in the Final, does that mean they won't be able to wear the traditional black jersey?

Why have France gone with a black jersey for? It seems odd to me.

Also, the new Australian and South African jerseys look shite.

I thought they were already great in their simplistic design.

Rugby jerseys without collars look retarded in my view.

In regards to the Australian one, its the worst Australian jersey since the lame Reebok design of 96/97.

I haven't been following this thread so I don't know if this has already been pointed out, but -

If New Zealand meet France in the Final, does that mean they won't be able to wear the traditional black jersey?

Why have France gone with a black jersey for? It seems odd to me.

Also, the new Australian and South African jerseys look shite.

I thought they were already great in their simplistic design.

Rugby jerseys without collars look retarded in my view.

In regards to the Australian one, its the worst Australian jersey since the lame Reebok design of 96/97. [/b]
  1. Yes, that is that case unforunately. New Zealand would be made to wear their away jersey which is grey.
  2. There are different theories of why France opted for a dark jersey, one of those theories being that in the chance they are in the final with NZ, NZ will have to change jerseys, but I think they are just going for a new design. It will be interesting to see if France reverts back to their traditional blue after the RWC.
  3. I used to share your biew about the jerseys looking ****, but I've seen them in shops and they've grown on me. South Africa's, Scotland's and Japan's blend of colours with the design look better than Australia's and Ireland's I reckon.
  4. You seem to be quite angry about recent developments in jersey design whether it be the collar or overal look :lol:

Well, I'm certainly not angry about it.

I just think it just looks really lame.

Rugby jerseys are progressing more and more towards being like football/soccer jerseys. Disgusting. And soon we'll have players adorning Gavin Henson-ish shorts.

went into my local rebel sports store yesterday in australia ( northern sydney) and there were almost no ab's shirts left! there about 10 left altogether 5 of the normal 2007 **** and about 5 of the world cup one. I just decided to go for the normal one as it was a bit cheaper $150 compared to $170 for the world cup one. there were heaps of wallabies shirts there though and I have to see they look terrible. anyway I am all set for the world cup now that I have my shirt :D

The WC Fiji kit is growing on me. Especially the fact it has a collar.

I'm also a fan of the Wales kit. It looks very sharp. Especially the new awy kit.

Latest posts