TRF Legend
TRF Supporter
Country Flag

South Africa

Club or Nation

South Africa

Here's an update on the incident:

http://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/Springboks/Ex-Bok-speaks-on-hijacking-20141203

"It was around 15:00. I was on my way to one of my pharmacies in Irene when I saw three men standing in front of me in the street. One indicated for me to stop. I thought something was wrong so I slowed down. The next moment a massive rock flew through the window on the passenger side. The second one hit me on the left side of the head."

Strydom then got out of his car, before the hijackers took his keys and attacked him further. However, they retreated when the former Springbok fought back.

"I screamed loudly: 'God help me, God help me!' Then they got bewildered and ran away."

During the scuffle, one of the robbers stabbed him in the shoulder blade with either a knife or screwdriver. The robbers took off with Strydom's car keys before he called a friend, Riaan van Zyl, who brought the spare keys. Strydom then drove himself to hospital.

Kapa O Pango

Bench Player
Country Flag

New Zealand

Club or Nation

New Zealand

Speed recovery for the big fella, those good old rugby days with the Boks helped him definitely defending off the hijackers.

Rugga-lad

Academy Player
Country Flag

South Africa

Club or Nation

France

Well, there you have it. The ****hole that is South Africa.

Canuck

Academy Player
Country Flag

Canada

Club or Nation

South Africa

Well, there you have it. The ****hole that is South Africa.

Yeah, incidents like that are all too common. Most of them aren't even considered newsworthy because they happen to ordinary people. Best of luck to Hannes in his recovery.

ENZED-88

Academy Player
Country Flag

New Zealand

Club or Nation

Auckland

Yeah, incidents like that are all too common. Most of them aren't even considered newsworthy because they happen to ordinary people. Best of luck to Hannes in his recovery.

I remember when Lucky Dube was killed in SA couldn't believe it.

Latest posts