• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

World Rugby Awards Night

How the awards should have gone:

Best team: All Blacks
Best coach: Hansen
Best player: Nonu
Best breakthrough player: Skudder
Best try: Savea vs France
Best official: Wayne Barnes.... yeah right, Nige Owens.
Best game: Japan vs South Africa
Best club team: The Highlanders
Most improved team: Japan/Scotland/Australia

wish there was more upset in the rwc this year, england were rubbish and no one else stood a chance, anohter poor show from northern hemisphere teams

wish there was more upset in the rwc this year, england were rubbish and no one else stood a chance, anohter poor show from northern hemisphere teams

I agree, I think the problem for Rugby is obvious now and it is almost looking like Rugby League in the way there is only ever a couple of teams who can give each other a good game. The worry is going forward that the sport will be harmed by one team dominating, New Zealand could well win again in 4 years and what would that show about Rugby as a competition..

Not the first time player of the year has been given to a New Zealand legend who was far from his best for the majority of the season over someone who was at the top of their very impressive game in a different coloured shirt all year... *cough* 2009 *cough*

I agree, I think the problem for Rugby is obvious now and it is almost looking like Rugby League in the way there is only ever a couple of teams who can give each other a good game. The worry is going forward that the sport will be harmed by one team dominating, New Zealand could well win again in 4 years and what would that show about Rugby as a competition..
We just lost a bunch of world class players so the rest of you lot have a massive opportunity in 2016 to knock us down a peg or two. Bring all you got boys because we ain't gonna go quietly into the night.

We just lost a bunch of world class players so the rest of you lot have a massive opportunity in 2016 to knock us down a peg or two. Bring all you got boys because we ain't gonna go quietly into the night.
Yeah, I'm eyeing up next year for Ireland to pop the NZ cherry. Can see us having better or equal players in 7 positions with most of them being in the pack. If we play you in Lansedowne it could be another instant classic like last time. I think it's also fair to assume that players won't be as comparatively better than the rest in their positions as McCaw and Carter have been and we won't see such a dominant side in rugby for years to come. Dominant teams at the highest level of any sport are rare, who was it in rugby before this NZ side? Soccer before the Spain side of a few years back? Golf before Tiger? It's even rare in Gaelic games here for a side to win the All Ireland three or more times in a row and there are rarely more than five competitive sides in that at any one time. Decades tend to separate the appearance of teams who enjoy total domination of a sport.

Latest posts