• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Xbox 360

A

ak47

Hi All

www.dvdcrave.com.au

Are now taking pre-orders of imported PAL 360 consoles ready for dispathcment tomorrow

Thus beating the Australasie deadline

I am certain this is illegal.........importing hardware, and beating the local offical release is dodgy

just thought i'd let any locals know.......proceed at ur own risk.

I am thinking about it, but then i'll have no games to play
<

Don't bother getting one AK... Seriously, wait untill next year... more games will be out and the system will probably have less issues.

Originally posted by sanzar@Jan 16 2006, 12:37 PM
Don't bother getting one AK... Seriously, wait untill next year... more games will be out and the system will probably have less issues.
yeah am heading in that direction

for these reasons

RC2006 - 2 weeks
EA2006 - seemingly alot better, 1 month away
Imported 360 doesnt come with HD cables, they only have the simplistic pleb version
Imported 360 will need AC adaptor
All i want is Tiger Woods 360........not enuff to warrant an early purchase

Hopefully these 2 new rugby games will tie me over, until a ps3 date and price is announced.

Although money is not an issue............ intelligent purchasing is..........i would never forgive myself, if i dove into, an abyss of problems on a 360, with Micro'customer service'Soft.

i have no doubt the ps3 will have problems........is just goes hand in hand for 1st year of birth

Wait until next year? next year being 2007? Are you serious? Only very casual gamers could wait that long!

Originally posted by CeeJay@Jan 16 2006, 12:55 PM
Wait until next year? next year being 2007? Are you serious? Only very casual gamers could wait that long!
Gotto admit, i wont be waiting for 2007 for a next gen machine

Once the xbox360 rolls into 5th gear, which will be around ps3 launch, i'm gonna have to weigh up some options

But Sony better come good with info soon, coz some people with little cash, want one or the other, and if no new info is forthcoming, these cash strapped chaps will be Xbox360 owners, when really the waiting game took its toll, and they couldt wait.

Including me.....I want both, but with the Cricket 2007 world cup in March 2007, if i bought both, that means, i'll be cutting my carribean tour short...very short

$1000 on each console - machine and games
$2000 for both

I cant get both..............this is a big decision.........

Well, I hate cricket, so ill have enough for both! The time inbetween each release is enough to save for a new one, even if you are a poor student like me. But a trip to the carribean, thats gotta cost!

Originally posted by CeeJay@Jan 17 2006, 09:48 AM
Can we start pre ordering now for the NZ/Aus release?
of course mate

anywhere is taking pre-orders

i'd go for www.gpstore.com.au

u'll save up to $100 even more

everywhere has the premium pack for AUD$650.00

this joint has the premium for AUD$584.00, and everything else is even cheaper

actually looking at it now it seems its all sold out, or they have pulled the product from the site temporarily coz it was the wrong price

thought she was too good to be true

but most physical stores are also taking pre-orders

meh ill wait for a bit for both consoles, wait to see which one i like then when they are about 1/2 the price of what they are when they come out ill purchase the one i like, with the games i like.

i am only really waiting cause there isn't any games on these machines that i want to play yet, my pc is good enough and my xbox is gathering dust at the moment until the new rugby games come out.

i was going to go to the cricket in 07 but will only go no wif i come into some money, saving up for a house
<
then maybe ill go to 2011 eh

Im getting the 360 for madden and oblivion, thats all ill need, oblivion will keep me going all year.

i want to wait for a finished madden game
<
i heard that it wasn't really finished at all (the 360 one)

man i just went up to EB at lunch

they have all the 360 games on the shelves.......well the cover anyway

man they look sooo damn sweet

its going to be very hard to hold me off..........if i see these in motion, my wallet will be on the counter, before i even get there myself.

edit: every game is priced over $100.00, some $120, most $109.00

Madden did have some key things missing, like video ref and owner mode, but the game itself isnt broken, and thats nothing compared to fifa, it only has internationals!! WTF!! Also the NBA one was missing franchise mode. Tiger woods only has 4 courses or something! Madden won 360 sports game of the year, its the best out of a bad bunch, with the sweetest looking visuals ever seen in a sports game, and thats enough for me. Between that an oblivion I wont need any games for a while.

Originally posted by CeeJay@Jan 17 2006, 04:21 PM
Madden did have some key things missing, like video ref and owner mode, but the game itself isnt broken, and thats nothing compared to fifa, it only has internationals!! WTF!! Also the NBA one was missing franchise mode. Tiger woods only has 4 courses or something! Madden won 360 sports game of the year, its the best out of a bad bunch, with the sweetest looking visuals ever seen in a sports game, and thats enough for me. Between that an oblivion I wont need any games for a while.
Tiger Woods has 8 courses - THAT'LL DO ME
Madden does look soo damn fine man

You gotto check out the covers

Rumours going that the PS3 may be upwards of USD$500.00........thus i will get Xbox360, coz thats just way too much...if that is true.......looks like sony make the call whether i contribute to both teams of the next gen

Although the lil aussie dollar is moving up in the world, so maybe import provided its region free etc

But coz we last on the worlds list, we get alot of xbox360 ***les at laucnh

EB has the lot on the shelves

Madden - looks mad
NBA live - looks good, but is crap
NBA 2k6 - look mad, is good
NHL 2k6 - looks mad, is ok
Tiger - OMG, galleries!
<
<
, where do i sign
Gun - well, its ported from ps2/xbox anyway
PGR - Looks mad, but not GT
<

Fight Night - looks mad, is mad, a must
Oblivion - didnt check
DoA - get fight night instead

and many many more

Originally posted by ak47+Jan 17 2006, 04:41 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Jan 17 2006, 04:41 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-CeeJay
@Jan 17 2006, 04:21 PM
Tiger Woods has 8 courses - THAT'LL DO ME
Madden does look soo damn fine man

You gotto check out the covers

Rumours going that the PS3 may be upwards of USD$500.00........thus i will get Xbox360, coz thats just way too much...if that is true.......looks like sony make the call whether i contribute to both teams of the next gen

Although the lil aussie dollar is moving up in the world, so maybe import provided its region free etc

But coz we last on the worlds list, we get alot of xbox360 ***les at laucnh

EB has the lot on the shelves

Madden - looks mad
NBA live - looks good, but is crap
NBA 2k6 - look mad, is good
NHL 2k6 - looks mad, is ok
Tiger - OMG, galleries!
<
<
, where do i sign
Gun - well, its ported from ps2/xbox anyway
PGR - Looks mad, but not GT
<

Fight Night - looks mad, is mad, a must
Oblivion - didnt check
DoA - get fight night instead

and many many more [/b]
Yeah, I am agreeing with you.

Although I have been seesawing between X360 and PS3, the wait will be too much.... Also, Sony are being very tightlipped, which isn't a good thing. Now that Xbox 360 has been released, you'd think that they would be drowning us in "My game consoles bigger than your game console" talk all over the place. Could some things be going horribly wrong for them? Or are they just stupid?

Xbox Live looks hella fun as well. If only I were 15 years older with a reliable and healthy source of income...

*sigh*

Ive already finished gun on xbox, its a good quality western, but way to short.

When is fight night coming to 360?

Oblivion will be the hugest RPG ever! with 16 square miles, 9 cities, many villages,200 hours of gameplay, exploring on horseback etc..etc. I cant wait for this one, no release date has been set yet, but march is the rumour.

Originally posted by CeeJay@Jan 17 2006, 09:51 PM
Ive already finished gun on xbox, its a good quality western, but way to short.

When is fight night coming to 360?

Oblivion will be the hugest RPG ever! with 16 square miles, 9 cities, many villages,200 hours of gameplay, exploring on horseback etc..etc. I cant wait for this one, no release date has been set yet, but march is the rumour.
Fight Night is due on 360 in a month or so in the USA, and maybe a few weeks later for Asia

Its the 1st EA sports game that isnt cut short on the 360.

All the boxers, all the modes, and the extra tweaks warranted for a sequel.

It will be a knockout <----------**** thats corny
<

Edit:

Am beginning to think i should wait, until the 360 is fully released by like a month or 2.

2 Rugby games will tie me over nicely for the time
Sony's tight lipped stance is ******* me off, and with each new game on the 360 released, its another pissin me off factor to sony

BUT.............if these rugby game rock ass, and have playtime for months and months, perhaps I'll need the Xbox versions of Rugby for backwards compatitbilty, and perhaps smoother framerates???? i dunno

More decisions, and this is on current generation games...........bloody hell!
The last thing i want is to have, 2 versions of the rugby games for Xbox and PS2.
Coz if the Xbox versions are smoother (normally are), i wont play the ps2 versions ever again once the 360 walks into my door..........i'll only need the ps2 for GTA's and GT's

What's a good Australian gaming website with all the information on realease dates and that?

Latest posts