• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Xbox 360

Originally posted by Wally@Jan 18 2006, 12:40 PM
What's a good Australian gaming website with all the information on realease dates and that?
www.palgn.com.au

thats what i have been using for next gen updates

but they just use the news from gamespot, and re-hash for AUD value, etc

otherwsie www.gpstore.co.nz - it is NZ, but atleast, its a good indicator

Originally posted by ak47+Jan 18 2006, 12:40 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Jan 18 2006, 12:40 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-.:kaftka:.
@Jan 18 2006, 12:22 PM
And Forza>GT4.
<
<
<

funny guy [/b]
Tis true. Although they seem to be split right down the middle in terms of popularity it seems...So, to each their own...

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Jan 18 2006, 01:11 PM
Although they seem to be split right down the middle in terms of popularity it seems...So, to each their own...
agreed, on that one

now they gotto merge the two

if GT had crash dynamics, i'd cry in happiness

That looks damn fine, I think ill go down and pre order my 360 with madden and fight night!

Originally posted by CeeJay@Jan 18 2006, 02:23 PM
That looks damn fine, I think ill go down and pre order my 360 with madden and fight night!
i wanna do the same.
its not the right time to make this decision
but then agin it could be too late to get on, coz of the demand v supply factor

EB have a very good trade in deal

Trade in ur PS2/Xbox + 7 games, and the most you will ever pay is AUD$499.00, and you get the premium HD 360 pack.

Edit: I just came out of a meeting

AUD$****.00 bonus

who's ur xbox360daddy now....................ak47, there are no substitutes!!!!

<
<
<
<
<
<

Hasn't pretty much every XBOX360 game been a let down though? FIFA and Madden both got pretty bad scores didn't they?

Originally posted by sanzar@Jan 18 2006, 04:16 PM
Hasn't pretty much every XBOX360 game been a let down though? FIFA and Madden both got pretty bad scores didn't they?
yeah in comparison to the ps2 counterparts, coz they cut alot of menu features etc

the graphics all got a good 90%+, and sound also

forget FIFA.......its not a proper FIFA, its the very 4 yrs "Road to WC" release, which is always just international teams

They obviously aint rating these high coz they arent worth the dosh in regards to the games content.........AUD$100.00+ for non-owner mode madden, and international teams only in FIFA, is way too much...........i'd settle for TW360 with 2 courses.........i love good golf games, i love relaxing in a world of my own, hitting my ball at my pace, and not paying green fees...well $100.00 per year is cheap IMO
<

Fight Night will be the 1st full pledged EA sports game to hit the 360, with nothing cut.......

Got word that an xbox360 is on display at harvey norman Bondi Junction, and has call of duty rolling

will go and check out today on the way home and post my thoughts tomorrow
call of duty is avging low 9's high 8's at gamespot, heavily rated as the best war shooter ever, albiet on next gen.

this rolling demo at harvey norman will make or break my order.

Tiger Woods and Fight Night look bloody excellent. Those two ***les would do me for a while, not to mention PGR3, Perfect Dark, COD 2...

Not a great lineup, but by the time we see a release we'll have great games from most genres to choose from...

...Oh, and Saints Row is coming soon, a potential GTA-Killer...

Ok well I went to Harvey Norman

Saw the X360 in action……….even played it

They had Call of Duty on

Before I even walked into the store, I new where to go………….i could see it…………the smooth fresh, eye pleasing graphics are amazing.

Was watching these dudes play and had no idea, always getting “ur betraying the motherland†or something message meaning ur killing ur own troops.

Anyways the environment looked amazing, and with sound would blow u out of ur skin (there was no sound at Harvey Norman)

Snowfall was a nice touch, but IMO it didn’t blend well with the environment, seems the snow fall was like a screen saver effect and the background was 3D.

Another good thing is the controller â€" they really did their homework on this, its small, the most comfortable I have ever used BUT, the buttons suck ass………this double trigger crap at the back, and the analogue stick weren’t adjacent to eachother â€" the left is higher than the right (why do this?)

The machine is also impressive â€" looks like a massive ipod………….white, shiny, and very 30th century looking, also big, but prolly same size as xbox.

I am pre-ordering tonight……….AUD$650.00, and AUD$150.00 for the VIP pack, (I think if u get this u get $30.00 off the pre-order (hence AUD$770.00) and the VIP pack I can walk home with today, which has perfect dark, a controller, face plates, and a dvd of rolling footage which I can drule over tonight ((hence AUD$770.00, with a game, 2 controllers, and face plates))

EB in Sydney City Wesfield Centrepoint have a midnight release, and if u go at midnight u get a free game out of the following (PGR, DoA, Perfect Dark Zero, and some others, but not every game)……….from what he told me, I was going to pick PGR as my freebie, coz none of freebies were EA sports……..(only this EB store is doing this promo)

So I’ll arrive at midnight, on march 2nd, give them AUD$620.00 and get xbox360 and PGR
And pay AUD$110.00 for TW360.

So in the end, its xbox360, 20GB HD, HD cables, faceplate, 2 controllers, perfect dark, PGR and TW360 for AUD$880.00

Not bad IMO when I paid the same for PS2, when it first came out....with composite cables, 1 controller, and no GAMES.

Originally posted by CeeJay@Jan 19 2006, 05:52 PM
Do the Ps3 controllers still look like boomerangs?
I think that is the way they will be but here's hoping they make available the original dual shock models as wireless controllers or that the Dual shock 2 is compatiblt with it in some way 'cos that boomerang looks really awkward but I'll have to see how it feels in the hands before I pass final judgement on it.

I dont understand how sony can justify scapping the best controller design ever IMO, and replacing it with a boomeraang. Even Microsoft saw the light and made their controller very similar to the oringinal Ps/ PS2 controller.

Originally posted by CeeJay@Jan 19 2006, 06:41 PM
I dont understand how sony can justify scapping the best controller design ever IMO, and replacing it with a boomeraang. Even Microsoft saw the light and made their controller very similar to the oringinal Ps/ PS2 controller.
Everyones ripping on the PS3 controllers, but no one has actually used one yet... You never know guys, sony may have conducted studies showing it to be more ergonomical and easier to use. Lets just wait and see.

Originally posted by ak47+Jan 18 2006, 04:02 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Jan 18 2006, 04:02 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-sanzar
@Jan 18 2006, 04:16 PM
yeah in comparison to the ps2 counterparts, coz they cut alot of menu features etc

the graphics all got a good 90%+ [/b]
I know you guys are stoked by the graphics, but in all honesty, they aren't that great if you've been playing the current shooters on PC with a high end system... In fact I personally think that Perfect Dark Zero, their flagship shooter, doesn't look as good as F.E.A.R on my PC... I dunno, they'll probably get better as time goes by, but so far I'm not all that impressed by anything on XBOX360. In fact the only next gen vids that have managed to knock my socks off are KILLZONE 2 and MGS4 for PS3.

Originally posted by sanzar+Jan 19 2006, 08:31 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Jan 19 2006, 08:31 PM)</div>
Originally posted by ak47@Jan 18 2006, 04:02 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-sanzar
@Jan 18 2006, 04:16 PM

the graphics all got a good 90%+
I know you guys are stoked by the graphics, but in all honesty, they aren't that great if you've been playing the current shooters on PC with a high end system... In fact I personally think that Perfect Dark Zero, their flagship shooter, doesn't look as good as F.E.A.R on my PC... I dunno, they'll probably get better as time goes by, but so far I'm not all that impressed by anything on XBOX360. In fact the only next gen vids that have managed to knock my socks off are KILLZONE 2 and MGS4 for PS3. [/b]
well i got the VIP pack with a DVD of some games

let me tell you that Fight Night rd 3, is the best looking game i have ever seen

not only does it look life like

its the player movement

bopping around ducking, and counter punch, looks like a real fight, skin waves created with a knock-out blow

Ghost Recon also looks like a bloody real life movie, but i think thats a cut scene, as i have seen a different look from the players shooting perspective.

but fight night is the real deal man

Madden as standard looks sensational

From what i have seen so far fight night is the one to watch.
quake, pgr3, call of duty, all look great but nothing on fight night

Fright Night..............its scary

I agree that perfect dark and especially fps dont look that inpressive, but Madden looks awsome, and i have to agree with AK that fight night has to be the realist looking game ever! I mainly play sports games and oblivion so thats all i care about. Im happy with what ive seen so far. Basically its the 360 or nothing unless i wait till the end of the year, and I cant wait.

Originally posted by CeeJay@Jan 20 2006, 01:59 PM
I agree that perfect dark and especially fps dont look that inpressive, but Madden looks awsome, and i have to agree with AK that fight night has to be the realist looking game ever! I mainly play sports games and oblivion so thats all i care about. Im happy with what ive seen so far. Basically its the 360 or nothing unless i wait till the end of the year, and I cant wait.
well ceejay i am commited into the xbox360 already

pre-ordered and ready to go for march 2nd

ps3 is looking like 2007 for aussie release

too long for me, and potentially too expensive at launch

the 360 with 3 $100.00 games and 2 controllers for $880.00, is a bargain.

basically am paying $580.00 for next gen machine, 20GB HD (never gotton this with ps2) HD cables (never got this ps2), and 2 wireless controllers (never got this with ps2)..........and to think i paid more for ps2
<

IMO the ps3 will be soo bloody good, i'd be insane to be xbox360 ONLY
Thus am getting xbox to fill the gap year, and whatever other options microsoft can provide in the future, when they realize the ps3 isnt a toy..........coz deadset if the specs, and features remain the same, the death of microsoft wont be far away as this ps3 (provided the specs remain), will knock the socks out of everyone..that will come at a price.

Every gamer on TRF needs to see a Fight Night Rd3 video.......its total BS, I still wont believe it will be like that.........i mean **** u just gotto see it

Fight night has been pushed back a week, sux. Oh well, madden will tide me over. The vid of fight night is apparantly real, Ill believe it when i see it, but its still the game im most excited about. I remember the first screens and vids of kO kings for the ps2 were BS, hope they arnt playing with us.

Latest posts