• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Your Lions Squad Following the 6N

Only GOAT in this thread should be one Brian Gerald O'Driscoll.

Tommy O'Donnell has to go, just for the fear it will strike into the ranks of our Australian foes. The TOD is ready to be a lion. Also ready to be a lion is Ian Madigan. Madigan is not only ready to be a lion, he is ready to be a dingo and devour some wallabies. whole. Pick who you have to pick Warren, you know what you have to do.

Only GOAT in this thread should be one Brian Gerald O'Driscoll.

Tommy O'Donnell has to go, just for the fear it will strike into the ranks of our Australian foes. The TOD is ready to be a lion. Also ready to be a lion is Ian Madigan. Madigan is not only ready to be a lion, he is ready to be a dingo and devour some wallabies. whole. Pick who you have to pick Warren, you know what you have to do.

I love Tommy O'Donnell but I'd rather have him in the US with Ireland to be honest, he'll be a Lion in 2017.

I love Tommy O'Donnell but I'd rather have him in the US with Ireland to be honest, he'll be a Lion in 2017.
+1 and I'd say same for Madigan. He's good enough for Lions but if he's only going out to sub on a midweek team (although given a chance I think he could push Sexton) I'd rather he be in North America.

Jason Robinson's squad:

15 Rob Kearney (Ireland)
14 Leigh Halfpenny (Wales)
13 Brian O'Driscoll (Ireland) ©
12 Manu Tuilagi (England)
11 George North (Wales)
10 Jonathan Sexton (Ireland)
9 Mike Phillips (Wales)
1 Cian Healy (Ireland)
2 Rory Best (Ireland)
3 Adam Jones (Wales)
4 Joe Launchbury (England)
5 Alun-Wyn Jones (Wales)
6 Sam Warburton (Wales)
7 Justin Tipuric (Wales)
8 Toby Faletau (Wales)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=yEDcfG26N-U#!

I want to comment on a few positions but it's Robbo and I physically can't disagree with the man.

I will comment - That is a disaster of a team

When was the last time an ex-player named a team that hasn't been met with this type of reaction?

I don't think this is a bad team at all, a couple of points I would change, but few people would have exactly the same side. Much better than Richard Hill's selection.

15 Halfpenny
14 Cuthbert
13 Davies
12 Roberts
11 North
10 Biggar
9 Phillips

1 Healy
2 Hibbard
3 Jones
4 Jones
5 Jones
6 Jones
7 Jones
8 Jones

Jason Robinson's squad:

15 Rob Kearney (Ireland) Shouldn't even tour.
14 Leigh Halfpenny (Wales) Hes a FB now, put a winger on the winf for **** sake
13 Brian O’Driscoll (Ireland) ©
12 Manu Tuilagi (England) Can't/wont pass. Important for a 12.
11 George North (Wales)
10 Jonathan Sexton (Ireland)
9 Mike Phillips (Wales) I prefer scrum half's not flankers
1 Cian Healy (Ireland)
2 Rory Best (Ireland) Hes bit a off pace lately
3 Adam Jones (Wales)
4 Joe Launchbury (England) Not sure here ehither number of guys I want in front of him
5 Alun-Wyn Jones (Wales)
6 Sam Warburton (Wales) SOB hands down
7 Justin Tipuric (Wales)
8 Toby Faletau (Wales)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=yEDcfG26N-U#!

I want to comment on a few positions but it's Robbo and I physically can't disagree with the man.

Did it for you

Did it for you

How about you name your team and we get Jason Robinson to ridicule it point by point?

I don't think there is anything ludicrously awful about Robinson's team to be honest. SOB certainly is not "hands down" better than Warburton, after all which back row came out on top in the RWC Quarter Final? Who's to say Kearney can't recapture his form from this time last year on the tour, and who's to say with O'Driscoll besides Tuilagi couldn't flourish. After all Roberts doesn't exactly do anything but run in a straight line yet he produced his best form of his career in combination with BOD.

How about you name your team and we get Jason Robinson to ridicule it point by point?

I don't think there is anything ludicrously awful about Robinson's team to be honest. SOB certainly is not "hands down" better than Warburton, after all which back row came out on top in the RWC Quarter Final? Who's to say Kearney can't recapture his form from this time last year on the tour, and who's to say with O'Driscoll besides Tuilagi couldn't flourish. After all Roberts doesn't exactly do anything but run in a straight line yet he produced his best form of his career in combination with BOD.

He can if he wants it's on page 16 or so I think, you can to if you want it's all opinion, I was probably harsh up there and unjustified so i'll give you my rational.

In world cup quater final, which was about 18 months ago Wales were on top for sure all 3 players were on the form of their lives, but they also had a balenced back row a proper 6, 7, 8 combo we were playing two 6's and an out fo form 8. So while not hands down I think considering form and a balence that SOB, Tipuric and Toby form the best backrow as of right now. Kearney has about 4 games to re-capture form and looks like it's been dropping since his promising return in January. I'll agree with you on Tuilagi, give it a go maybe having BOD and co. outside him will helo him show his passing game, just right now he seems to lack the passing to get a starting berth at 12.

Yea I was a bit over the top I ment to be I was just putting my thoughts out there quickly.

He can if he wants it's on page 16 or so I think, you can to if you want it's all opinion, I was probably harsh up there and unjustified so i'll give you my rational.

In world cup quater final, which was about 18 months ago Wales were on top for sure all 3 players were on the form of their lives, but they also had a balenced back row a proper 6, 7, 8 combo we were playing two 6's and an out fo form 8. So while not hands down I think considering form and a balence that SOB, Tipuric and Toby form the best backrow as of right now.

In 226 minutes where Warburton and Tipuric have been on the field together for Wales the team has scored 83 points and conceded just 16.

They also just recently as a combination completely outplayed England's back row as well. So I don't see how that's an unbalanced back row combination whatsoever. Hill and Back both played 7 for their clubs and nobody said Worsley should be in instead of Hill as a proper 6 to add balance.

I think English based personnel is they don't see much of Celtic players outside of HEC. Like Rob Kearney and Best will be very lucky to tour and well people who put Halfpenny on wing don't realise you take away part of his game doing that. It reminds me of Nacewa at Leinster, he's just not the same player on wing.
Personally I hope SOB doesn't tour as while he isn't playing badly its clear his body still isn't right from hip operation and he's just not at his own standard. Also think Tuilagi hasn't got the game for 12.

I think English based personnel is they don't see much of Celtic players outside of HEC. Like Rob Kearney and Best will be very lucky to tour and well people who put Halfpenny on wing don't realise you take away part of his game doing that. It reminds me of Nacewa at Leinster, he's just not the same player on wing.
Personally I hope SOB doesn't tour as while he isn't playing badly its clear his body still isn't right from hip operation and he's just not at his own standard. Also think Tuilagi hasn't got the game for 12.

That's quite unfair. Kearney's poor form is grossly exaggerated with Hogg's good form being exaggerated as well. and apart from Hibbard at the moment the standard of hookers in B&I is fairly poor.

That's quite unfair. Kearney's poor form is grossly exaggerated with Hogg's good form being exaggerated as well. and apart from Hibbard at the moment the standard of hookers in B&I is fairly poor.

Hibbard was far from great against Treviso on the weekend as well. The Ospreys lineout creaked, and he wasn't as prominent as usual in the loose either. Owens had another fine half for the Scarlets against Glasgow, but his second-half performance wasn't as good.

I somewhat agree with your comments about Kearney and Hogg. I think Hogg has been overhyped a little. He's a fine runner, and when given space is very dangerous, but the rest of his game isn't all that great. His defence can be poor (see how easily Fofana brushed him off), whilst he's not a rock under the high ball either.

Last edited:

Halfpenny isn't as good as Hogg offensively though, so moving Halfpenny moving to wing I don't think you risk losing much in attack as he was a pretty good wing before anyway.

Disagree. I guess you didn't see his performance vs Munster then ...

For a player at full back to standout in that Scotland backline is an achievement in itself. Certainly on much better form than Kearney, and I would back him to tour and be the first Scottish outside back to tour since 1997. I think he could really excel in a better team. Some Scottish backs I feel get harshly looked upon due to the poor standard of midfield and half backs compared to the others. But to be honest, Visser could do at least all what Cuthbert does for Wales.

So given the competition at full back, I agree with munstermuffin, Kearney may find it tough to go on the tour. I wouldn't be unhappy for him to be selected, but equally I could understand why he would be left out.

diapo2f8cd02befa70dac4c87326525281026.gif
diapo295f6ae10c6c0fba344b90088421c667.gif

Last edited:
In 226 minutes where Warburton and Tipuric have been on the field together for Wales the team has scored 83 points and conceded just 16.

They also just recently as a combination completely outplayed England's back row as well. So I don't see how that's an unbalanced back row combination whatsoever. Hill and Back both played 7 for their clubs and nobody said Worsley should be in instead of Hill as a proper 6 to add balance.
They outplayed England's back row in a game where Wales had a huge tactical advantage. I wouldn't be so quick to read anything from it, otherwise based on the autumn, Wood-Robshaw-Morgan would be seen as better than Messam-McCaw-Read.

I'd say that any of SOB, Brown, Robshaw, Wood etc. could have replaced Warburton in that game without coming to the team's detriment. Tipuric played brilliant, but Warburton was just good. I think that SO'B would provide a better balance for the carries though.

Halfpenny isn't as good as Hogg offensively though, so moving Halfpenny moving to wing I don't think you risk losing much in attack as he was a pretty good wing before anyway.

Disagree. I guess you didn't see his performance vs Munster then ...

For a player at full back to standout in that Scotland backline is an achievement in itself. Certainly on much better form than Kearney, and I would back him to tour and be the first Scottish outside back to tour since 1997. I think he could really excel in a better team. Some Scottish backs I feel get harshly looked upon due to the poor standard of midfield and half backs compared to the others. But to be honest, Visser could do at least all what Cuthbert does for Wales.

So given the competition at full back, I agree with munstermuffin, Kearney may find it tough to go on the tour. I wouldn't be unhappy for him to be selected, but equally I could understand why he would be left out.

diapo2f8cd02befa70dac4c87326525281026.gif
diapo295f6ae10c6c0fba344b90088421c667.gif

Yeah well done to him. I'm fully aware he's a brilliant runner. He's to lacking in the basics of fullback play for me and if I bought him I'd need to bring three fullbacks because I don't trust him enough.

Yeah well done to him. I'm fully aware he's a brilliant runner. He's to lacking in the basics of fullback play for me and if I bought him I'd need to bring three fullbacks because I don't trust him enough.

He's proven himself more than enough over the last two 6nations as far as I'm concerned. I think Kearney is the best of the three fullbacks at his best but his form has been very poor this season and he doesn't really deserve to tour ahead of Hogg because 'Hogg lacks basics' when Hogg has been playing better than him this season.

Latest posts