• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Your worries...

thats a style of play ....you can play like that but lox likes to play with flair by the looks of it......its not rugby 2005's fault that u were watching passes go by it was lox's fault..lol

and btw i dont think lox wud be achieving all those passes on hard or even medium diffuculty!

Originally posted by kinkon89@Jan 31 2005, 01:22 PM
thats a style of play ....you can play like that but lox likes to play with flair by the looks of it......its not rugby 2005's fault that u were watching passes go by it was lox's fault..lol

and btw i dont think lox wud be achieving all those passes on hard or even medium diffuculty!
well if thats the case i hope it can be stopped in 2 player

if 2 player turns into end to end try fest, i wont be happy

it does indeed look like a supreme game, but thats all immaterial if the difficulty isnt hard enuff

if after one week i am playing with argentina on the tuffest level, just to get some sort of challenge, then the games thrown unless in 2 players its all class.

PES4 isnt hard enuff, and thats was an extreme let down, to the greatest sports game of all time....in 2 player u cant get enough, but 1 player my master league has siezed to continue, coz winning 5-0 gets boring

ooo i reckon 2player will be the hardest for me cos weneva i play against my bro its mostly a close game either winning with a last minute field goal or last minute try!

but for 1 player it'll be hard i suggest but not as good as beating a buddy in extra time!

Originally posted by ak47@Jan 31 2005, 01:10 PM
In 2001, you could run left, then pass right, and run right, then pass left, and run left again, wrongfooting the defence...going diagonals up the field.

Is this evident in 2005, as by the looks of things 100% of passes find a man one way or another, no matter how bad the pass is.

I dont want an offensive onslaught of passing at different angles all the time...I want real rugby, will phases and drives,hit-ups and tactical lead-up to tries.
I understand what you mean by the willy nilly passes as that was often the case with WCR as well.

I think it would kill the gameplay if you started to make passes slow or too hard to catch (2004). Instead what needs to happen is to have the AI defence a lot more clued on with its tackling (JLR). When someone tried to do willy nilly passing on you when playing JLR, your AI would smother them automatically if they got too close to one of your defenders and you had not yet converted to tackle them. Or sometimes the programme would do an automatic conversion when you pressed the tackle anyway.

The point I am making is this. Don't kill the passing. Instead just toughen up the defence. R2001 had the worst AI and human controlled defence around. The play could switch direction and not one player in your whole team would change with it. It was the defence that was the problem with that game.

Well! thats the end of that! lol jks umo
<

Does anyone know if Locksley has given a description of the goal kicking process?

If someone has heard and wouldn't mind repeating, I'd much appreciate.
Thanks.
I do understand there is a power meter and an accuracy curve, but are there any actual tactics involved, (allowing for wind, distance etc).

HOW MANY TYPES OF TACKLES ARE THERE

we know there's a big hit and standard tackle

but what about a smother tackle or and 2nd tackle option that will negate any possible offloads like the smother tackle in JLR.

perhaps 2 types of tackles - one forms a ruck, the other forms a maul...like JLR

anyone know if thats possible

Is there different running styles on the game

eg jason robinson short fast steps

Different players seemed to run different ways. Watch Sailor run. Looks pretty realistic to me.

Originally posted by goeagles@Feb 1 2005, 03:27 PM
Different players seemed to run different ways. Watch Sailor run. Looks pretty realistic to me.
the way sailor bolts thru that gap, is like real life.......only against an easier team.
i cannot believe that type of runnning animation, and they got it so true!!!!
i wonder how lote runs coz his style look mad in real life
imagine if they had over 20 different types of running anims.......this game would explode

Furthur to all this, these vids quality as stated by the locks does not justify what its REALLY LIKE...............so Sailors running style that we are lookin at wont be a neat and tidy as its supposed to look, on this demo, let alone the polished final version.

I need to knock myself into a coma for a few months....this and GT4 is driving me nuts

I reckon. The wait for Halo 2 had nothing on the wait for this game now that Locks has given us a sneak preview.

Keeping on topic (remember we should be worrying). I am worried that this game may be too good. Our lives as we know it may temporarily slow down as we attempt to find more time and more opponents to play against.

YEAAAAAAAH.....(just had to say that).

Originally posted by Gay-Guy@Feb 2 2005, 12:31 PM
I reckon. The wait for Halo 2 had nothing on the wait for this game now that Locks has given us a sneak preview.

Keeping on topic (remember we should be worrying). I am worried that this game may be too good. Our lives as we know it may temporarily slow down as we attempt to find more time and more opponents to play against.

YEAAAAAAAH.....(just had to say that).
girlfriends/wives, family, and work - will be the ones that suffer when this game comes out.

I have given them a heads-up.......they are all terrified!!!

im getin nervous.....im mite b stuck at home playin rugby 2005 all day and grow fat...................not that thers n e ting rong wit bein fat..........but
<
...........aw who cares.........if tis too good then LEAVE IT........mayb i wanna b fat
<

hey locks can you please tell us if there was a hint off injuries or replacements in the demo you played.. Cause i havent heard any1 asking about it.. and it would really suck if they concentrated sooo much on the game play that they forgot those 2 elements.

Latest posts