• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2006 Fifa World Cup

T

TheDell

OMG what a crap game. I bought it as there's really no alternative for a next gen soccer ***le. Not only does the fram rate drop out when playing in HD, it intermittently loads the wrong cut scenes and only has about 4 lines of commentary.

I hadn't touched the Fifa series for a while (since I discovered PES) and these amateur FIFA fans tell me that it had now overtaken PES in terms of realism and gameplay. So I got 06 World Cup. What a laugh- I feel like I'm controlling a team of retarded 14 year olds. Back to PES 5.

Thoughts anyone?

Originally posted by TheDell@May 2 2006, 10:47 AM
OMG what a crap game. I bought it as there's really no alternative for a next gen soccer ***le. Not only does the fram rate drop out when playing in HD, it intermittently loads the wrong cut scenes and only has about 4 lines of commentary.

I hadn't touched the Fifa series for a while (since I discovered PES) and these amateur FIFA fans tell me that it had now overtaken PES in terms of realism and gameplay. So I got 06 World Cup. What a laugh- I feel like I'm controlling a team of retarded 14 year olds. Back to PES 5.

Thoughts anyone?
Here my thoughts the dell, from another thread

i do acknowledge the frame rate issue - but i wont agree on ur commentary comment, or wrong cut scenes - i havent come across that

well after more extended play its gotton better

i have found the camera angle that owns all

DYNAMIC

i started on broadcast, but it was too far away - despite the full zooming in adjustment by myself

i had what seemd no control in the box at broadcast - i couldnt gauge the deopth of the field

now we on DYNAMIC - which is 95% PES side view - and the control is now there and i am scoring some beautys, and defending with more ability and control

i can also now aim in the top bins of the net, or pick a side i wish to beat the keeper on - pure class

another thing i like - the randomness of the goals - i havent really scored the same type of goals - like PES most goals are all different, and there are no hot spots - which was a FIFA disease prior to 2006

it doesnt have the thrill and excitment of PES, as u cant turn a team from minnows to barrucudas

But it does have the air fisting moments - where u have been rewarded for great attack and score goals u intended too

For everyone on here i'd rent it first and see how it goes - i am satisfied, but if i didnt find this new camera angle it would only get multiplayer action...this camera angle has extended the single player experience - but as its soo close to call, its not a killer ***le, but it is the best soccer game on the 360, and it is the world cup year, so the hype n presentation with this game will distract you from its few issues (these issues arent big....its just if ur a seasoned PES player, you will find issues with this, like the ball physics are no where near as good as PES), but once the world cup is over and the FIFA and PES ***le come flooding in, this game will hit the backburner - a perfect trade in ***le for the PES/FIFA killers later in 2006/2007.

Graphics - 8.5/10 - best looking soccer game ever - its is the 360 FFS
Sound - 9/10 - best sounding sports game of all time
Gameplay - 7.5/10 - the balls physics really kill, what is a mirrored PES gameplay and button interface - ie u can do the same things in PES and use the same buttons
Longevity - 6/10 - only international teams, u have over 220 objectives, but half of them mean u have to do the world cup campaign over 7 times, with different teams/regions - which really is doing the same thing over n over
Overall - 8/10 - a good soccer ***le, a great world cup ***le, a great multiplayer ***le, if it had domestic teams and modes it would get close to a 9.

**keep in mind i wouldnt rate any PES ***le less than an 8.5**

I wont play this single player as long as i did with any PES ***le, but this will get the multiplayer action all the way until the first 360PES hits the shelves.

I havent played any FIFA ***le properly(only in shops) since world cup 1998 - so it would be interesting to see how the FIFA fellas compare this to FIFA06

thanks AK. good to hear what other people think of it. I must admit I did get excited winning the World Cup with Australia, but will just stick to Multiplayer from now on.

seriously i love fifa for its licensing

pes is a great game no doubt, but i would still choose fifa over it, just because the little things in pes **** me off like playing in the premiershp and playing a squad without the right kits and all that stuff, just gets on my nerves, other than that pes is a great game

fifa is owned by pes in the gameplay department but the two manager modes are equally pretty good. i just cant stand the lack of licensing.. o well.. and fifa 06 world cup is **** i heard, i have standard fifa 06 for ps2, and ive been playing it forever

im at racing ferrol (just started a new manager) and im trying to take them to the top of the spanish premier, and make them as good as the real madrids and the barcelona's..

I've got/played both 06 Fifa's on normal Xbox, agree standard game is better, World Cup seems to drop it's framerate when showing stadiums, crowds at start of game and when goal celebrations occur. Gameplay seems a little disjointed, must have been altered slightly from earlier version for some reason, as that one is more than fine.

Took Tottenham through and won everything, won enough challenges to unlock the next difficulty level, then EA Rugby 06 came out. Only just getting back to Fifa having completed everything on Elite level in rugby.

For fickle fans, the licensing can make the difference.

Originally posted by TheDell@May 2 2006, 11:15 AM
thanks AK. good to hear what other people think of it. I must admit I did get excited winning the World Cup with Australia, but will just stick to Multiplayer from now on.
yeah man

playing the 5th ranked american play-off home n away leg really got my neighbourhood stickbeaking

i had it blasting thru the 5.1 digital surround, and out my rear window i could see people looking in to see the comotion

all they saw were 3 full grown men, air fisting away, as the aussies ran out onto the stadium, and the crowd starts to roar

i remember when we had this PES5 tourny one night a few months back

it was intense and loud, and a goal was scored at about 1am, but it was one of those late offside calls in PES5.........thus the place irrupted with disgust to the ref, or joy for the relief.........we get a knock on the door, and its these IRISH backpackers from another units across the hall.

they are ****** as, and ask which game we are watching

i open the front door a little wider, and they see it the PES5 on PS2

they were like, F*** man this is brilliant - and they joined us for a few hours.

Hilarious, the sounds of a soccer game can do. :cheers:

Originally posted by DC13@May 2 2006, 11:15 AM

pes is a great game no doubt, but i would still choose fifa over it, just because the little things in pes **** me off like playing in the premiershp and playing a squad without the right kits and all that stuff, just gets on my nerves, other than that pes is a great game

fifa is owned by pes in the gameplay department but the two manager modes are equally pretty good. i just cant stand the lack of licensing.. o well.. and fifa 06 world cup is **** i heard, i have standard fifa 06 for ps2, and ive been playing it forever

im at racing ferrol (just started a new manager) and im trying to take them to the top of the spanish premier, and make them as good as the real madrids and the barcelona's..
Man, you should play against my team in manager mode.

It took me 11 seasons, but finally I got the "perfect team"...

I haven't played FIFA 06 in freaking ages actualy. I may have a go now that I think of it. Hopefully I will get owned...

Originally posted by kaftka+May 2 2006, 12:34 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-DC13
@May 2 2006, 11:15 AM

Man, you should play against my team in manager mode.

It took me 11 seasons, but finally I got the "perfect team"...

I haven't played FIFA 06 in freaking ages actualy. I may have a go now that I think of it. Hopefully I will get owned... [/b]
yea i'd love to my racing ferrol 2 star team :lol: best player is a 62

im gonna sign freddy adu soon so he'll get amazing

i got wigan athletic up to a 5 star in my other manager career..

I've got Juve, and everyone is 99 except for my reserves.

I'm ****** though... I HATE Juve.

my team will be loaded in a few years

ive got

theo walcott - 16 years old RWM
freddy adu- 16 years old CAM
stephen ireland- 17 years old CAM
guiseppi rossi- 18 years old ST

loaded..

this game is awesome in mulitplayer

had 3 big test matches with my PES mate

2 games went into overtime - then went onto shoot-outs

man it is intense, and fun just like PES multiplayer

u can really score some massive goals with shear control, and teamwork aorund the box

single player is getting stale as half the scenarios are near impossbile

like beating Netherlands with Scotland from 2-0 down with 20mins remaining (or something like that) - its BS

maybe you just suck at it?

i am sure they dont make it to bad. the dutch arnt that good are they?

as soon as you figure out what the ai is doing i am sure you will be able to score goals easier with crap teams. i am still yet to play this game. maybe in time i will

yeah it comes out like in a fews days in NZ I thin. Might be ok to get and play as build up for the real thing in june.

most of the time for sure I agree but the world cup is special and it always draws me in. the world cup always has upsets as well like senegal against france. and seeing brazil play is always a joy they have so much skill.

Does Fifa06 on XBox360 have the ball control button (when activated) making the attacker by default face his opponent? I noticed on Fifa World cup on xbox that when the control button was activatd that the attacker hld wahtever position he was facing rather than automatically face forward....unlike the earlier Fifa2006.........it seemed like a step backwards with this aspect.

Originally posted by Gay-Guy@May 23 2006, 12:52 AM
Does Fifa06 on XBox360 have the ball control button (when activated) making the attacker by default face his opponent? I noticed on Fifa World cup on xbox that when the control button was activatd that the attacker hld wahtever position he was facing rather than automatically face forward....unlike the earlier Fifa2006.........it seemed like a step backwards with this aspect.
I dont think it does GG

I have never used it - but they do have the R3 flick in which ur 1st time touch goes in that direction u flicked...but the ball goes a fair way when using that - could be the control stat of the player i used, but i never really use it anyway

I am England now in the WC

Man Gerrard and Rooney are machines - scoring atleast once per match outside the box - GERRARD SPECIALS!!!

:bravo:

Originally posted by ak47+May 23 2006, 02:57 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Gay-Guy
@May 23 2006, 12:52 AM
Does Fifa06 on XBox360 have the ball control button (when activated) making the attacker by default face his opponent?  I noticed on Fifa World cup on xbox that when the control button was activatd that the attacker hld wahtever position he was facing rather than automatically face forward....unlike the earlier Fifa2006.........it seemed like a step backwards with this aspect.
I dont think it does GG

I have never used it - but they do have the R3 flick in which ur 1st time touch goes in that direction u flicked...but the ball goes a fair way when using that - could be the control stat of the player i used, but i never really use it anyway

I am England now in the WC

Man Gerrard and Rooney are machines - scoring atleast once per match outside the box - GERRARD SPECIALS!!!

:bravo: [/b]
Man you gotta use it...the R1 button on PS2 or similarly XBox360 (black button on xbox). Really takes you to another level with ball control. Especially in Multiplayer when you do the step back drag with it (running one way with some defender coming across at you.....hold the ball control buton down and step back the other way....WOW WHAT A STEP!!!!)

...as well as all the other tricks that come with it....right stick combos with ball control button held down.

....what about sliding to the side with the ball control button before releasing it and turboing ahead???? Much better as a side movement than the normal right stick side step.

...also you can hover in strafe mode from side to side till you feel our opponent has gone the wrong way.....then release and run the other way!!!!!

....but the best thing I like about this button is the way it looks....rather than the normal control of facing a direction to move there....now you can face your opponent and move in all eight directions while doing so......looks soooooooo professional!!!!!!

Latest posts