Kiwiwomble

International
TRF Legend
Country Flag
New Zealand
Club or Nation
Otago
What are peoples thoughts on this?

For those who havent heard we in NZ are being charged nearly double (NZ$220) that being paid in the rest of the world (approx. NZ$120).

Adidas has claimed it is all dues to shipping and exchange rates and yet everything else in the AB's range, t-shirts jackets etc, are within $5-10 of what they can be bought for on line which i would suggest rubbishes this claim

I know in the past we have had to pay more (small market etc), for example a EPL football shirt is maybe $100 (when you can find them) where as it might be $84 (45 quid) in the uk which is not a huge deal plus i guess that is still cheaper in "home" country if you know what i mean.

Now adidas have even started going after the on lines retailers for seeling to NZ.

Even thoigh i have friends in the uk who can get me one and send it over i will not be buying another adidas AB's jersey....

I like it nice design. Looking at rugby world a N.Z. jersey is cheaper than an Ireland jersey here.

i agre, i like the design, is doesn't fit very well though. I tried the medium on and the wife said it fit around the middle but was wy too baggy around the top but i could barely get the small on (almost ripped it) a huge jump i size from small to medium.

I wish they did the "test" and "pro" fits that CCC do, also tried the Scotland one on, very cool.

how much is an Ireland jersey over there?

It said pretty much £58 maths not my strong point so not sure what it'd be in euro or N.Z.$.

I guess it's a jersey which will only look good if you're a professional player.

It looks class on the pros but you have to be fairly ripped to pull off a non custom shop bought one

read somewhere a spokes person for world rugby shop said they "understood" adidas had done exactly that, they cant even own up!

^I read in one of the articles about this that WRS said they got told by adidas they aren't allowed to ship there. Absolutely ridiculous pricing, hope no one in NZ pays that price for it, no shirt can possibly be worth that. The Rebel sports guy said they might be selling it at the ~$110ish price and eating the difference themselves, but haven't seen anything official on that.

It's too much. I love the All Blacks, but there is no way I am going to pay that amount. It's basically ripping off the New Zealand public. Plus Adidas will know that there are going to be thousands of tourists coming to New Zealand for the RWC, many of whom will be All Black fans from abroad. They're basically doing what some hotels are doing and just trying to take advantage of the RC. Rebel Sport has said that they are lowering the prices to about $170, although they'll be probably losing money for it.

yeah, the RWC one is down to $170 (90 quid) and the normal test strop os $150 (80 quid), Stirling sports have done the same.

apparently "cost" is about $110 for each jersey so they are only making $40 profit forgetting about their overheads etc, its about as much as they can do.

I really like the new jersey. The price is a fricken joke considering the $NZ is so strong - and that's so obviously indicated in the fact you can import it from overseas so much cheaper. They are just trying to rip kiwi's off.

Though I hear rebel sports has lowered their price. I may look to pick one up there.

For starters the whole white collar thing is to get people to buy a new jersey to replace their old one and generate some more income for adidas. Though I guess AB supporters are lucky in the fact that it doesn't change as often as other teams do.

I bought mine from the UK last week when this debate thing started (from http://www.rugbystore.co.uk/) for £55 including shipping (NZ $110 or so, the non-WC version). Not sure if they've been blocked from shipping to NZ as well, but I had no problems with it late last week, could be an option if people in NZ are looking for a cheaper alternative. The RWC version is available there too for around NZ$130.

Rugby Jerseys always seem a big rip off to me.....but for the same jersey to be be cheaper overseas even after shipping costs added is just wrong.

Latest posts