• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2013 Premiership] Round 1

Must be a good feeling after last season Olyy!

Wasps - Quins is pretty scrappy so far.

Haha what a day Andy Goode misses the match winning kick and sale beating gloucester :) if worcester win tomorrow i will streak around worcester city haha

I was impressed with Wasps, it's a shame they lost but it was an encouraging performance.
Didn't think the centres played particularly well, especially the 13 (Jacobs?), but Bell and Daly coming back will improve that.
Quins, on the other hand, didn't look great.

I was impressed with Wasps, it's a shame they lost but it was an encouraging performance.
Didn't think the centres played particularly well, especially the 13 (Jacobs?), but Bell and Daly coming back will improve that.
Quins, on the other hand, didn't look great.

Not impressed by him either, played quite sloppily ruining some attacking plays with poor passing.

I thought Andy had a pretty good game despite his harsh luck miss. Irish looked pretty dire. How did Mackenzie do with Sale, Olly?

I'd expect Masi and Bell to be the first choice Pests centres and to be a step up on that.

Nick Evans seems to be declining quite rapidly.

edit: Looks to be a bad weekend for Wuss coming up.

Last edited:
Its not going well 18-3 HT to leicester. Mike williams has impressed me though

Admire the way Wuss have kept going and with better kicking this could be a far closer game.

Edit: Allegation that Dan Cole bit a Wuss player - based on the replay it looks like the fingers were close to/in Cole's mouth as he was being tackled. And it may have been a reflex action to close his mouth as he hit the ground, certainly drew blood.

Further edit/rant: That was one of the laziest/selfish flanking displays from Tom Croft, hardly ever got involved in the rucking and mauling. All he did when in the Wuss half was hang out on the wing hoping to poach a try. Worse thing is that he'll get praised for it.

Last edited:
well im pretty happy with the 15 minutes where it looked like wuss were getting back into it, but honestly if we have any chance of staying up these season we have to keep the penalty and missed tackle count as low as possible. We gave far to many penalties away today conceding 16 penalties and 16 missed tackles

I thought Andy had a pretty good game despite his harsh luck miss. Irish looked pretty dire. How did Mackenzie do with Sale, Olly?
I've not watched the game yet (it's not on the premiership rugby website yet, only the televised games are - hopefully this is just a case of it taking longer to edit the non-televised, than them only putting the televised up...) but through a combination of radio commentary and reports from people there he had a good game: a rock on defence and showed great pace/commitment chasing kicks and the such.

Watched the full Wasps/Quins game earlier. Does anyone else think that Quins need to replace JTH? Three some appalling passes and generally looked out of his depth. With Evans not firing on all cylinders they need their centres to perform better.

JTH has never been any good IMO, he's crash ball player that can't bosh.

Watched the full Wasps/Quins game earlier. Does anyone else think that Quins need to replace JTH? Three some appalling passes and generally looked out of his depth. With Evans not firing on all cylinders they need their centres to perform better.

Thought that myself as I was watching it. He came on the scene with such hype and has got even close to it. Did't he miss a long while through an injury which cant have helped

Agree with lots of comments on here:

Croft - Lazy as he always is

JTH - did have a shocker, infact i thought quins as a whole looked very poor. They need some more power in their team and... why play wallace the natural 7 at 6 and robshaw the makeshift 7 at 7? WTF

Wasps - played well and in true wasps style were down to their 3rd centre pairing. If they had Bell/Daly with Masi at 15 or Daly at 15 and Masi at 13 they would ahve done some serious damage!

Other than that what a brilliant weekend. From the games i didn't see can anyone say how

Farrell did - is he attacking any better after the lions (making breaks?)

Burns played?
12trees played? - i want him to nail the 12 shirt for england?

Can't wait for another week!

Farrell is attacking as well as he ever has - people who say he only kicks/can't run the ball haven't watched him play much.
Twelvetrees could be facing a ban for a tip tackle on Cueto, and Burns was poor vs Sale.

Latest posts