• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2013 TRC] Argentina vs. Australia in Rosario (05/10/2013)

Well Figallo is out of the team due to a injury :( What a pitty, he became a key player on the team in such a small time.

Orlandi will replace him, but our scrum won't be that powerful.

lol some stuckup gave me bad rep because I said this was going to be the Argies' first win in the championship. :lol:

I´ll go to Rosario city. If Pumas win I will go to Las Vegas or Porky´s to celebrate, best women in town (take notes aussies)

Pumas need to attack more deeply; the years pass and we´re the great defenders, yawn .... many points by kick, and imo absence of sufficient try.

Sitaleki Timani is a big power forward that should be in the team. The only reason why I think he is not, is that Rob Simmons has been playing very well as a lock and provides better speed around that park than Horwill.

AUS is hoping to do to the Pumas what the ABs did. Break them in the last 30mins and run it out wide. If you have Timani and Horwill, they may get to bogged down and lose turnovers when the ball is swung out.

That being said, I personally would have given it to Timani and tell him to run and crash his tale off for 55 mins, then let Simmons come on.

Sitaleki Timani is a big power forward that should be in the team. The only reason why I think he is not, is that Rob Simmons has been playing very well as a lock and provides better speed around that park than Horwill.

AUS is hoping to do to the Pumas what the ABs did. Break them in the last 30mins and run it out wide. If you have Timani and Horwill, they may get to bogged down and lose turnovers when the ball is swung out.

That being said, I personally would have given it to Timani and tell him to run and crash his tale off for 55 mins, then let Simmons come on.

Of course, in the first minutes of the game, where you need more strength, must be the powerful Timani. In fact, Timani started the game in Rosario last year and was one of the most important Aussies players in the field. And then in the second half if you need, you should attack in the width of the field.

Last edited:
man...I'm only now finishing the ARG - NZ match 2 from last week...
It's safe to say Arg destroyed NZ in the scrum the whole game (well up until the 65th min with the replacements). DAMN. What will they do at home to the Wallabies in the scrum ?! :huh:

Even Planet Rugby have got Argentina by 5.
I'm very confident the Pumas will get this one. And though I like the Wallabies a lot, I've got to give some encouragement to Argentina.
Vamos Pumas.

Last edited:
Last Pumas RC match under Santiago "no attack" Phelan regime, gg if Argentina lose against a weaker Australia team, tomorrow he´ll become the worst coach of Los Pumas imo.

man...I'm only now finishing the ARG - NZ match 2 from last week...
It's safe to say Arg destroyed NZ in the scrum the whole game (well up until the 65th min with the replacements). DAMN. What will they do at home to the Wallabies in the scrum ?! :huh:

Well keep in mind that Figallo is out for this match, so our scrum won't be the same as before. Still strong but not that powerful.

For me Australia are the favourite team to take this match, despite of what general media say and most of the people in the rugby forums.

Well keep in mind that Figallo is out for this match, so our scrum won't be the same as before. Still strong but not that powerful.

For me Australia are the favourite team to take this match, despite of what general media say and most of the people in the rugby forums.

The bookies have Argentina very marginal favourites in a near 50/50 game, there are pats on the back for coming close in this one. Unfortunately yoe91 has backed the Pumas, a kiss of death for any side.

I can give you three reasons why Timani is not starting: lineouts, lineouts an lineouts. There are others, but those are the main ones.

The bookies have Argentina very marginal favourites in a near 50/50 game, there are pats on the back for coming close in this one. Unfortunately yoe91 has backed the Pumas, a kiss of death for any side.

it's quite pleasant to have you on my dyck the whole time hun. I haven't replied to you in ages, and you'll still come right back to me every once in a while...like a cuck-horny teenage girl. It's strange that somebody who knows so little about Rugby (admittedly btw !) like myself would continually attract such an encyclopedia of the game like yourself ! I kind of wonder....the sorta LOSER you must be in life....wo-wo-wo-wo-WONDAAAAAHH !
oh and in case you still haven't noticed baby gurl, I....................................am Big Ewis..:huh:

Now shut that wide open, pestilent negative trap of yours and enjoy the talks about this thread's actual match in stead of blabbering about God knows what. ;)

LOL we'll so obviously lose it in the last 5 minutes.

don't say that. The Pumas won't miss out on this occasion. It's the last game of the tournament for them, Australia will be under tremendous pressure and didn't want to finish there in Arg.
The scrum alone, though it may not be as powerful as against NZ, will be a huge platform for the Pumas. They'll get a bunch of penalties from there, and if they can just manage a forward-generated try and then have their backs run some; they've otherwise got a fantastic defense when they're focused, and they will be just that.
Against the All-Blacks last time, they defended excellently, only until those two unfortunate tries on them, the moment of a brief inattention and the 5-pointers were made. That match was a lot closer than the 15-33 result would show..

The first paragraph of that post has scarred me for life...

Go Pumas!

it's quite pleasant to have you on my dyck the whole time hun. I haven't replied to you in ages, and you'll still come right back to me every once in a while...like a cuck-horny teenage girl. It's strange that somebody who knows so little about Rugby (admittedly btw !) like myself would continually attract such an encyclopedia of the game like yourself ! I kind of wonder....the sorta LOSER you must be in life....wo-wo-wo-wo-WONDAAAAAHH !
oh and in case you still haven't noticed baby gurl, I....................................am Big Ewis..:huh:

Now shut that wide open, pestilent negative trap of yours and enjoy the talks about this thread's actual match in stead of blabbering about God knows what. ;)

Gat damn son haha shots have been fired for sure. There should be a thread ***led BG vs PD where you two go at it, while every forum member can sit back with some popcorn and enjoy the lols.

Oh yoe thats gotta be one of the funniest things I've seen in some time.

Gat damn son haha shots have been fired for sure. There should be a thread ***led BG vs PD where you two go at it, while every forum member can sit back with some popcorn and enjoy the lols.

actually I'm only returning his booty calls, I myself am not interested if not prompted. He's a big tease, and he really likes it when I come all over his face like that...:rolleyes: so, you know, give the women what they want. And if he keeps going, there's plenty more where that came from.

Oh yoe thats gotta be one of the funniest things I've seen in some time.

:p

ANYWAYs! Go Pumas !! Today's the D day !!

don't say that. The Pumas won't miss out on this occasion. It's the last game of the tournament for them, Australia will be under tremendous pressure and didn't want to finish there in Arg.

Believe or not we also are under a huge pressure here.

Believe or not we also are under a huge pressure here.

Agreed. Both teams are under huge pressure. Aussies need to put out a good performance in an anotherwise forgettable RC for them.

And Argies need a win to finally come out of the "great efforts, close defeats" hole they find themselves in. If Argentina is to improve and show they deserve their spot at the RC and be regarded as a tier 1 nation, it's about time we stop finding solace in good defending and narrow margin defeats. It's time we claim a RC scalp and find the motivation to keep improving.

Lots of things have to chnge domestically for that to happen, but the pumas spearhead argentine rugby, so they need to build up hope and enthusiasm for younger generations.

That's the pressure the team faces, and i don't think it's easy to deal with.

Latest posts