• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2013 TRC] Argentina vs. South Africa in Mendoza (24/08/2013)

I take it you don't know what really happened there? Botha did not go around slapping people for no reason.

They banned him in 2009 and then changed the rules for ruck clearing. Now you can imagine how ridiculous that is. Even with the changed laws. Every tall guy going into a ruck is doing it illegally.

As for your problem just untick the save locally box. Then you should have no problem

ehhh, what ?? Oh sorry, didn't even look at the gif there. I was referring to what you said about the haka. : p
I can make no more comments about that in my position now !

Leonardo Matera was interrogated by the judicial officer of Sanzar, and considering all the evidence presented was found innocent because was demonstrated that there was no dangerous contact in the eye area of the South African player.
Some comment, my saffa brothers??

Leonardo Matera was interrogated by the judicial officer of Sanzar, and considering all the evidence presented was found innocent because was demonstrated that there was no dangerous contact in the eye area of the South African player.

Nah, you are looking for a reaction of provocation...

Nothing new here. I would actually have been surprised if anything came of it seeing that one couldn't really make anything out of the footage that was avaiable.

Leonardo Senatore suspended for nine weeks

A SANZAR Judicial Officer has found Leonardo Senatore of Argentina guilty of contravening Law 10.4 (m) Acts contrary to good sportsmanship after he was cited during the match at the weekend between Argentina and South Africa in The Rugby Championship.

The incident occurred in the 61st minute of the match between Argentina and South Africa at Estadio Malvinas Argentinas in Mendoza on 24 August 2013.

After hearing the evidence of Doctor Andrea Boon on behalf of the player, the South African Team Doctor Craig Roberts, the Referee Steve Walsh, together with UAR Board Member Agustin Pichot and Senatore himself, the Judicial Officer was satisfied on the balance of probabilities that biting took place to the forearm of the South African player Eben Etzebeth such as to constitute a breach of the laws of the game of rugby. Accordingly, the citing complaint was proven.

The Judicial Officer heard that Senatore had an unblemished record having played 19 Tests for Argentina. After considering the significant provocation caused by the actions of Etzebeth making contact to the head of Senatore, the level of offending was determined as low end.

http://www.rugby15.co.za/2013/08/leonardo-senatore-suspended-for-nine-weeks/

Cheers

Not sure I like the increasing trend to resort of "previous clean record" to lessen a sentence. It shouldn't matter if he hasn't bitten someone before, he has now and should be punished accordingly.

Not sure I like the increasing trend to resort of "previous clean record" to lessen a sentence. It shouldn't matter if he hasn't bitten someone before, he has now and should be punished accordingly.

Don't you think a 9 week suspension for a first-time offender is good enough??

Regards(less)

Don't you think a 9 week suspension for a first-time offender is good enough??

Regards(less)

Not for a bite, no. I place a bite in roughly the same ball park as a gouge, its something you actively do and it can't be construed as accidental or careless.

Not for a bite, no. I place a bite in roughly the same ball park as a gouge, its something you actively do and it can't be construed as accidental or careless.

I tend to agree with you. A bite is in my POV a malicious cowardly Luiz Suarez act. 9 week suspension is not enough.

Regards(less)

shame, just cause your TV camera's are that bad...
Trying to pull a Samoa on us when you can't beat us square and fair it seems

Senatore is not guilty, he is just a cannibal ... is there another good news for Pumas? :(

Senatore's ban for biting is longer than what Dylan Hartley got ... what is his "previous clean record" I wonder?

The citing system is a complete and utter corrupt farce. I doubt it will ever change.

9 weeks is fair IMO but unfair toward the player if you look at what other players got for **** like this (very little punishment). The Samoan didn't even get anything for ripping at Strauss' balls!!

Also, some of the posts by Arg supporters on other forums are just deplorable. Every country have their retards it seems.

ehhh, what ?? Oh sorry, didn't even look at the gif there. I was referring to what you said about the haka. : p
I can make no more comments about that in my position now !
15 Beasts screaming something in a foreign language with a angry expression on their faces and a cut throat suggesting at the end of it? Far from "friendly" challenge. Remember the NZ-SA rivalry existed due to South Africa and New Zealand shared not merely a passion for rugby, but a similar approach to the game, and the rugby rivalry is felt to be distinctive ... [In both countries] Rugby is a man’s game, not a game for girls and cissies, and to play it the hard way is to play it the man’s way. Off course that rivalry basically ended when tours ended and and the Tri Nations took over.

9 weeks is fair IMO but unfair toward the player if you look at what other players got for **** like this (very little punishment). The Samoan didn't even get anything for ripping at Strauss' balls!!

Also, some of the posts by Arg supporters on other forums are just deplorable. Every country have their retards it seems.
Le Roux got how long for biting Fitzpastrick's ear?

Senatore's ban for biting is longer than what Dylan Hartley got ... what is his "previous clean record" I wonder?

The citing system is a complete and utter corrupt farce. I doubt it will ever change.
Because its not universal.

What do you mean with other forums? Wich ones?

I'd have posted links but I see both of what I found beyond the usual have been removed so no worries.

EDIt: i browse a whole host of sites; superxv.com, planetrugby.com (the worst!), Sarugby.com. Scrum.com among others. They all share stories but I like to browse comments whenever I can.

Last edited:
Le Roux got how long for biting Fitzpastrick's ear?

That was a good long while back. I am talking baout the slaps on the wrists we have seen over the course of the last few years. And I was speaking in general terms of foul play not for biting specifically

Latest posts