• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2013 TRC] Argentina vs. South Africa in Mendoza (24/08/2013)

Ruan Pienaar and Morné Steyn had a bad game, Morné sometimes brings nothing to the team, only his kicks but when he has to play with the hands or defend, he can't do. He should be like a NFL kicker only get to kick the ball and when to play, that between Pat Lambie instead.
Cheers

Ruan was poor, yes indeed.

But Morne was calm and collected, and in my point of view, the difference between the 2 teams. He did what he had to, and was tactically sound.

Ruan Pienaar and Morné Steyn had a bad game, Morné sometimes brings nothing to the team, only his kicks but when he has to play with the hands or defend, he can't do. He should be like a NFL kicker only get to kick the ball and when to play, that between Pat Lambie instead.
Cheers

I disagree with you on Morné Steyn.

He played a decent game, not brillant but not a bad one either. That guy hardly miss a penalty!!
Think about it, if Contepomi and Bosch wouldn't missed their penalties we would have won with one point difference. Steyn is always important for Boks.

As for the previous discussion if Boks can beat AB's, I am sure they can do it. At least they got the players for that.

Last edited:
hey hopefully you Puma guys don't disappear after this championship is over, huh ! Don't lurk, show yourselves and stay amigos !

Are some of the Boks unavailable for the next part of their tour due to clubs in France getting them back for a couple weeks? (Steyn, Habana, Vermaak)

Are some of the Boks unavailable for the next part of their tour due to clubs in France getting them back for a couple weeks? (Steyn, Habana, Vermaak)

As I understand it they will be available though the logistics are crazy; SA to Argentina to France to Australia! Kruger and Steenkamp in addition to the ones you mentioned.

Personally I hope they don't get selected because we have to learn to do without them IMO and they made their choices. Even Louw we could do without if HM was to have a look at Brussow.
FdP won't tour. Pienaar and Louw are still in SA though I am not a fan of Pienaar.

5 players have been released to go back to their French sides:
Morne Steyn
Bryan Habana
Juandre Kruger
Guthro Steenkamp
Jano Vermaak

These 5 players will be available to play this coming weekend for their French club side, if they don't get injured, they will join the Springboks in Oz next Monday.

As I understand it they will be available though the logistics are crazy; SA to Argentina to France to Australia! Kruger and Steenkamp in addition to the ones you mentioned.

Personally I hope they don't get selected because we have to learn to do without them IMO and they made their choices. Even Louw we could do without if HM was to have a look at Brussow.
FdP won't tour. Pienaar and Louw are still in SA though I am not a fan of Pienaar.

As an Ulster fan, I love Pienaar when in an Ulster shirt, but when in the green jersey he just isn't quite the same. I'm not a fan in the slightest of South Africas willingness to select players based in Europe and Japan. New Zealand and Australia have got it spot on by only selecting players playing in super rugby.

Oh, three days have passed and still crying for not getting the bonus point?

Too bad we poor third world countries don't have cameras popping out of the ground to capture mysterious eye-gouging, I feel so sad.

If there was eye contact it was completely unintentional, this is a contact sport after all. Maybe there should be penalty even in those cases, I don't know the rules, but it certainly wasn't because of "bad sportmanship" from Matera.

The refereeing stuff was bad, real bad, but not biased. I do believed the biting thing, but I also saw the argentinian player suffering almost a rear naked choke...maybe he just bit back or maybe he's a thug.

Bleat - Whinge - Whine - Moan - Justice4 Bakkies - we are soooo victimised! Blah! Blah! Blah!
who said anything about Bakiies?

I think us Saffas should stop trying to dismiss that we are not thugs. The last couple of years there were isolated incidents, with Etzebeth and Greyling the most notable.

Since the professional era, we have had James Dalton, Corne Krige, Schalk Burger, Bakkies Botha and these other 2 who are branded as thugs.

I think the magnifying glass is a bit closer to the Boks than other teams because of our style of play. So we shouldn't be surprized if these things are shown.

What bothers me however is that this is the 2nd year in a row that we have complained about biting and eye-gouging by the Argies in Mendoza, but due to the crappy camera footage, its not picked up.
Oh ffs stopp licking arse. Every country have those players. I can mention just as many from other countries. Flavell Skinner, Thorne, Nonu, Umaga, Mealamu, wife beating Sivivatu. coke snorting bath rugby team.
Style we play? You mean being physical or intimidation? News for you but rugby is a physical sport and the reason for All Black dominance... violence... no other team except the Springboks have set out to physically intimidate New Zealand. The French have been able to occasionally and the Australians try, but all other teams tacitly admit physical defeat before the match starts. They are not tough enough, and not violent enough. . .

What do you think is the Haka there for? INTIMIDATION.

Botha1_zps91678229.gif

"Did the Boks cheat, were they just thugs?" Carling continued, " No, not in my mind. If Burger gouged that is inexcusable and the referee should have sent him off there and then. But apart from that, what else did they do that was thuggery? It was hard for sure, bloody hard, but isn't that Test rugby? Botha's illegal challenge on Jones? well what about BOD's illegal tackle? It is swings and roundabouts and the Boks have always been a very very physical side. It is nothing new."
Will Carling 2009

Last edited:
SA did not deserve to win that game! they seem to however manage to "smoor" a win...

SA did not deserve to win that game! they seem to however manage to "smoor" a win...

Argentina did the smooring (made the game slow and piled in at the break down). SA just were inaccurate with ball in hand and lacklustre at the breakdown.

.............coke snorting bath rugby team.......

That would be Matt Stevens being the only one tested and banned (although others failed to be tested)...............he is South African by birth by the way......just saying!!

That would be Matt Stevens being the only one tested and banned (although others failed to be tested)...............he is South African by birth by the way......just saying!!
So is half the English cricket team. Whats your point?

What do you think is the Haka there for? INTIMIDATION.

Botha1_zps91678229.gif

uhmmm....CARRY ON PEOPLE, MOVE ALONG, THERE'S NOTHING TO SEE HERE !!

P.S.: wanted to attach a gif of a guy whistling...this forum seriously could allow bigger files guys !! : p It's like the 4th time this has happened for me...

Just you said.......

Disgraced ex-Bath Rugby star Justin Harrison has been banned from the game for eight months after taking cocaine and shouting 'Class A, it's okay, everyone's doing it' in front of the club's Academy players.

Read more: http://www.thisisbath.co.uk/Justin-...tory-11334171-detail/story.html#ixzz2dGLeji9e

Stevens played for England. Snorted lines off a toilet at a English club. Dunno what has SA got to do with it?

And the other 3 got 9 months ban for coke snorting

uhmmm....CARRY ON PEOPLE, MOVE ALONG, THERE'S NOTHING TO SEE HERE !!

P.S.: wanted to attach a gif of a guy whistling...this forum seriously could allow bigger files guys !! : p It's like the 4th time this has happened for me...
I take it you don't know what really happened there? Botha did not go around slapping people for no reason.

They banned him in 2009 and then changed the rules for ruck clearing. Now you can imagine how ridiculous that is. Even with the changed laws. Every tall guy going into a ruck is doing it illegally.

As for your problem just untick the save locally box. Then you should have no problem

5 players have been released to go back to their French sides:
Morne Steyn
Bryan Habana
Juandre Kruger
Guthro Steenkamp
Jano Vermaak

These 5 players will be available to play this coming weekend for their French club side, if they don't get injured, they will join the Springboks in Oz next Monday.

At the moment, Habana is to start for Toulon and Morne Steyn is on the bench for Stade before they fly out again on Saturday morning......

And the other 3 got 9 months ban for coke snorting

To be accurate they were banned for not taking any test despite being requested by management......http://www.thisisbath.co.uk/Reveale...tory-11334241-detail/story.html#axzz2dLgiLmQX

Last edited: