• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2013 TRC] Australia vs. New Zealand in Sydney (17/08/2013)

Christ sakes cooper should retire he's even gettting booed in australia... LOL.

I don't think so, there are many kiwis in the stadium. I just heard people shouting: "All Blacks! All Blacks!"

Thats enough for me................off to a real game at Aguillera!!

Later

Mckenzie's biggest mistake will be keeping Q cooper in the side. He should of just kept developing O,conner. Deans was a first five after all so i think he would know a bit more than Mckenzie about it.

Cooper full of errors. Shoulda kept Toomua in. Not that it would've changed anything.

But I wonder what the score would've been without those silly penalties and errors?

Also, does the first loss by McKenzie translate to years of and wins for the Wallabies (as in a reversal of fates from Deans? :p :p).

That BEN SMITH fella, pretty overrated isn't he? ;)

Toomua did nothing all game. It was like a repeat of the Super Rugby final for him. Give Foley a go next week ;)

Last edited:
1. The score flattered Australia. They only really got that close because we gave them too many cheap penalties. Once the AB's scored their second try, the Wallabies were never really in the game.

2. McCaw was immense. All the knockers like Mark Watson who have criticised the "sabbatical", can just go eff themselves. If that is was what a sabbatical does for a player like MCaw, then bring them on!!!

Mckenzie's biggest mistake will be keeping Q cooper in the side. He should of just kept developing O,conner. Deans was a first five after all so i think he would know a bit more than Mckenzie about it.

No!

Deans was a fullback for both Canterbury and the All Blacks. AFAIK he never played 10 for either, although I think he occasionally turned out at 10 for Glenmark.

1. The score flattered Australia. They only really got that close because we gave them too many cheap penalties. Once the AB's scored their second try, the Wallabies were never really in the game.

2. McCaw was immense. All the knockers like Mark Watson who have criticised the "sabbatical", can just go eff themselves. If that is was what a sabbatical does for a player like MCaw, then bring them on!!!

No!

Deans was a fullback for both Canterbury and the All Blacks. AFAIK he never played 10 for either, although I think he occasionally turned out at 10 for Glenmark.

O.K but he still knows more than snapper Mckenzie about it. LOL

Score did flatter them, until the last 20 minutes or so when the game was won they started to play some good stuff but for the crux of the game only Genia and AAC can really honestly say they played well.

McCaw took a while to get parity, in the early exchanges Hooper had him beat but once the All Blacks grabbed the game that was it as far as Hooper went as a threat on the deck. Got to say though that early penalty that McCaw went in the side was so laughably blatant

How do you know it was Kiwi's giving it to him? If the Aussies have any brains they should be trying to get rid of him aswell.

Because when the TV cameras focused people, I saw many black shirts. Also at one point I heard people shouting: "All Blacks! All Blacks!" you didn't heard that??

Score did flatter them, until the last 20 minutes or so when the game was won they started to play some good stuff but for the crux of the game only Genia and AAC can really honestly say they played well.

McCaw took a while to get parity, in the early exchanges Hooper had him beat but once the All Blacks grabbed the game that was it as far as Hooper went as a threat on the deck. Got to say though that early penalty that McCaw went in the side was so laughably blatant

haha yeah that was funny, he came so far from the side it was almost as if he was playing for the aussies haha, on ya mccaw!! Next time dont do it inside our forty.

Because when the TV cameras focused people, I saw many black shirts. Also at one point I heard people shouting: "All Blacks! All Blacks!" you didn't heard that??

If you use that as evidence im wondering if it was you that conducts some of the police murder inquiries around this country?

awww man...NZ drops 50 in Australia for the opener...

Man, Australia hasn't looked mighty in a while...they lose to Scotland in June '12; they're mediocre in TRC. In November they get smashed in France, barely beat England and struggle in Italy. They looked anything but in command in the Lions series obviously...I mean they've won some games, no doubt; but I long for a menacing Australian side. I don't think sides really *FEAR* them anymore when they're coming...I mean you might lose to them, but it won't be a 30-point hiding anymore...

They looked a lot worse than France today, different but worse against NZ. And plus, it was at home. Sure we took a 30-0, but the other two esp. the first test we could/should've won, and the 30-0 was 3 tries to none it's not a disaster either...

Aussies looked solid in the scrums (in parts) though, and have some good forward work going occasionally in the rucks. And though the AB defense was really tough today, they've still got some back play going for them...just couldn't quite unleash it just earlier today.

If you use that as evidence im wondering if it was you that conducts some of the police murder inquiries around this country?

Additionally, many kiwis living in Sydney. Anyway, this is a silly conversation, neither you nor I were at the scene. I just had that perception, let's talk about the game.

Regards

Latest posts