• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2013 TRC] Australia vs. South Africa in Brisbane (07/09/2013)

But looking at Kolbe, surely taking away all that space is just going to limit him. The guy was tearing things up in the JWRC - but I think moving him to halfback is simiolar to what happened to Shane Williams, which clearly wasn't where you could get the best out of him.

I hear what you are saying but then WP/Stormers will have to change their entire game which while something to consider I can't see happening unfortunately with AC still at the helm. As is I think he might actually get more oportunity to snipe from 9 and he can still attack with space in loose play or from a sweeping role on defence/turn-overs.

Sorry for requoting, but I just need to inform you that George Clancy is the referee for the Bok-game and not Allain Rolland

EDIT: I could be wrong as different articles give different names. http://www.supersport.com/rugby/springboks/news/130903/Adapting_to_referee_the_Bok_key

You're right, its changed and so has the following week (highlighted in yellow) - Nigel Owens in for Clancy for Australia v Argentina

http://www.irb.com/mm/document/news...ctherugbychampionship2013moappointmentskb.pdf

Folau, Cummins, Ashley Cooper, Leali'ifano, O'Connor, Cooper, Genia; Slipper, Moore, Kepu, Simmons, Horwill, Fardy, Hooper, Mowen; Faingaa, Sio, Alexander, Doulglas, Schatz, White, Toomua, Mogg.

Better Aussie team without Mogg and Toomua

Springbok Team:

1. Beast Mtawarira
2. Bismarck Du Plessis
3. Jannie Du Plessis
4. Eben Etzebeth
5. Flip van der Merwe
6. Francois Louw
7. Willem Alberts
8. Duane Vermeulen

9. Ruan Pienaar
10. Morne Steyn
11. Bryan Habana
12. Jean De Villiers (c)
13. JJ Engelbrecht
14. Willie Le Roux
15. Zane Kirchner

16. Adriaan Strauss
17. Guthro Steenkamp
18. Coenie Oosthuizen
19. Juandre Kruger
20. Siya Kolisi
21. Jano Vermaak
22. Pat Lambie
23. Jan Serfontein

So 3 changes to the team.

Habana back to his Blindside wing spot. Willie on the other Wing with Kirchner at fullback.

Well at least our back 3 are diverse...

HM playing it safe with keeping Lambie on the bench in case Morne gets injured...

What happened to Bjorn Basson?

Cheers

I think Mogg out is a good call, hes been poor for a few weeks now. not sure on QC Toomua was looking better but maybe with QC Genia will preform again.

I think Mogg out is a good call, hes been poor for a few weeks now. not sure on QC Toomua was looking better but maybe with QC Genia will preform again.

I think they are the best they have, well done by Ewen

Yes, if I were SA I would be worried about this game for that reason. From someone watching from the sidelines though I would have thought SA should win, mainly because OZ look so poor of late. But I agree, anytime SA has to travel and play in OZ (not to mention all the extra travel they have had to do) it will be a tough game for them.

The thing is though OZ were pretty rubbish against us, and pretty rubbish against the Lions too, who, I don't think were very good themselves. On top of that, my Kiwi perspective is that (other than a fired up French side) SA are the biggest dangers in world rugby. Their forwards are always formidable and if they can win that battle I think they will beat the ozzies reasonably comfortably. IMO if SA could find a quality attacking 10 they would be 2 x the team though ;)

Aus have had a lot of success against us in recent years but I feel that we have had some bad luck against them that contributed to at least two of those losses. The net effect though unfortunately is that it looks to have become something of a monkey on our backs but hopefully the 31-8 drubbing we gave them last time out at Loftus has taken care of that but we have to win them in Aus especially if we want to remain in the running for the ***le.

As for our backs, we do have a quality attacking 10 in Goosen but he keeps getting injured.. in fact I believe he was our 10 in that big win over Aus last year and that is where he got injured.. damn. With the rise of Willie le Roux, Jan Serfontein and JJ Engelbrecht as well as the return to form of Habana and JdV we do have some guys who back themselves with the ball in hand more often than not. Our problem is in halves where the stocks are on the thin side. WIth Zane Kirchner and Morne Steyn moving to Europe I for one am hoping Johan Goosen and Jaco Taute can stay injury free when they come back and that Fourie du Preez comes back to SA. We might have a team capable of upsetting NZ then; I think our chances are very slim this year still. If Hougaard and Lambie can find some form we'd have the depth needed if the other stay injury prone. Big IFs all round still though.

Horwill is out Genia to captain, big loss in terms of leadership and ability.

Don't worry. They play us in Brisbane. Easy win for Australia. Last time we won in that place was over 40 years ago (1971)

Horwill is out Genia to captain, big loss in terms of leadership and ability.

Big loss for OZ - one of the few OZ players who would command a starting spot in most, if not all, international sides.

Don't worry. They play us in Brisbane. Easy win for Australia. Last time we won in that place was over 40 years ago (1971)

That's true, but it's time that Boks win in Brisbane. After the performance in Mendoza, do you have little faith?

Cheers

Big loss for OZ - one of the few OZ players who would command a starting spot in most, if not all, international sides.

With Michael Hooper, they are the best Aussies forwards today, considering that David Pocock is injured too.

Cheers

That's true, but it's time that Boks win in Brisbane. After the performance in Mendoza, do you have little faith?

Cheers

After seeing the likes of Kirchner and van der Merwe, I have little faith in a good performance. What does a guy like Ludik or Aplon have to do to be called up? It's ridiculous how Sideshow Bob comes back into the squad without performing at all at club level. It's a disgrace. Yet, Heyneke Meyer keeps insisting he doesn't want to make the Bok jersey "cheap" and raves about players having to earn it. Yeah, great philosophy.

Latest posts