• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2013 TRC] Australia vs. South Africa in Brisbane (07/09/2013)

Aussie lineout going straight to their own jumper.

SA forwards not rolling away.

Looking forward to the Argies playing the Wallabies because, if they both play as they are today, then the Argies will get their first win in the RC! (Edit.....just realised going to miss this one next week but feel the win will come when Argies are at home?)

Wallabies have their backs seriously to the wall and their backs seem to be playing as individuals rather than playing as a team....there is only one winner on the first half!

Last edited:
the Wallabies have been bullied around the past like 8 tests (if not farther). Their backs just can't have the same impact they did when they had that amazing roster back around 2009-10, or even eras before that. And they've been getting *bullied* for the past eternity, they've GOT to add size and strength and girth to their team, I mean, how many games can they plan on winning with sheer backs play and loose forwards ?! Their opponents merely need to push hard in the scrum and pressure them defensively and they'll bully the heck out of them a whole 80min...
This looks like the Lions' series matches. Aussies managed one rough, rough win and another rough, tight match, but they got *bullied* the whole way.

South Africa are just playing a lot better than Australia right now, simple as that.
And the Boks have looked pretty awful on attack, intense but totally disorganized. And the good news for them is, they don't need to be creative on attack at all, and they're almost guaranteed the victory. Forwards, forwards, forwards and Morné with the boot for 3pointers.

Thought that yellow was a little harsh as Habana seemed to land flat and nowhere near on his head?

Cooper needs an Oscar!!

How stupid are professional rugby players?

I really have to wonder what it is going to take for players to get the fact that picking up and turning over an opponent is GOING get you a yellow card, with a risk that it might be a red card.

Just dumb, dumb rugby from Hooper.

Thought that yellow was a little harsh as Habana seemed to land flat and nowhere near on his head?

Tony, if he lands on his head, that is a red card.

If he lands on his upper body, that will be a yellow card

Last edited:
Tony, if he lands on his head, that is a red card. If he lands on his upper body, that will be a yellow card

OK..............my goodness, this game is getting to be for softies!

Edit.....well I thought that was a super try and Habana going for an Oscar too....!!

Edit of Edit.....and that was a better try!!

Last edited:
OMG....beautiful try Boks.....it's all over.
Wallabies are losing more and more respect world wide now.... : (

Old Meyer does not give much a way does he!!!! Wonder he does not have a heart attack!!

Bonus point and a rout.......

awww man...lucky try there but well managed as well.....

The Australian tight 5 just cannot cope at international level. It's a little embarrassing.

Good win. Aus just did not have any front foot ball. Now for the real game next week..

The Australian tight 5 just cannot cope at international level. It's a little embarrassing.

I think "embarrassing" is unnecessary there, but the first sentence is obvious, yes.
The Aussies have worked with a mobile tight 5 for a while now, I mean I've seen Aussie props pull side-steps. It's the 13 culture they've got there, they love to run ball in hand...

If Wallabies are going to play like this the next match I think we actually might beat them..

...the Wallabies aren't a joke just yet.

Yoe, look at the table! he is right the big one is next week and the Wallabies are not far away form being a joke compared to previous Wallabies teams..........If I were Hooper, Genia, JOC, I would be looking for a French Top 14 contract because there will be no joy for a while playing with or behind this front 5.................

Just noticed Morné Steyn missed one penalty and one conversion, that was the most shocking thing of this game for me. I don't remember seeing him missing a kick lol

dude lol, that's unbelievably disrespectful and cocky...the Wallabies aren't a joke just yet.

Well, I don't mean to be disrespectful and it's easy to say what I said after the fact (I know we could have very easily lost had Aus got an early break) but even before this game I was thinking about next week.

Aus as is would struggle with France and Wales as well IMO. They have no clue tactically and don't have the set piece to back up playing from their own 22 for the whole match. I'd go as far as to say that the only reason they got aas much ball as they did is because they were allowed to through in skew the whole match at the line-out. Folau seems a brilliant player and O'Connor and AAC tried their best but they were well covered.

Last edited:
Yoe, look at the table! he is right the big one is next week and the Wallabies are not far away form being a joke compared to previous Wallabies teams..........If I were Hooper, Genia, JOC, I would be looking for a French Top 14 contract because there will be no joy for a while playing with or behind this front 5.................

well they held up alright against the Lions just some months ago until that fatal 3rd test. Of course they're a joke compared to what they used to be, but they're still Australia and they've got some excellent players on the squad. It didn't show today, and yes they should really REALLY look at that scrum now, it's about damn time. You just can't play Rugby League in Rugby Union, so to speak. A mobile pack has its advantages but the negatives easily outweigh those...they need WEIGHT and girth, right now.
And "look at the table" ? Well yeh man, they played the best team in the world twice and then the second best, so down 3-0 isn't a shame either...
But this performance from the Wallabies was a little scary....granted.

Latest posts