• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2014 Six Nations: Ireland vs Wales (Round 2)

All of this bickering is taking away from a wonderful victory. Come on children, we haven't manshamed the Welsh like that in an awful long time. Everyone will be at you when you're winning.

Roll on Twickers, should be craic.

And now Phillips is threatening One Direction... this just keeps getting better.

Wrong
D'Arcy's beard is not a player it is something that isn't meant for this world, something us mere humans cannot comprehend.

The only reason I can think of for why I wouldn't want us to win the Grand Slam is that apparently Sexton has a bet with him and will shave it off.

All of this bickering is taking away from a wonderful victory. Come on children, we haven't manshamed the Welsh like that in an awful long time. Everyone will be at you when you're winning.

Roll on Twickers, should be craic.
Agreed. 1 thing I like is there is genuinely 30 players who all have a realistic claim to start and every player in every position has someone breathing down their throat.

Yea disappointing from Kearney. I don't really expect much form Phillips.

Kearney might be taking the mick there to be honest, he's toured the Lions twice with Phillips and they'd have met up after the game! Phillips is well within his rights to reply to a little **** from one direction with a reasonably funny comment. If Kearney isn't joking though it really is pathetic, he had no reason to post that.

Esit: He's actually taken that post down, stupid man Kearney is!

Anyone else notice how the scrum was actually went from being a mess to a relatively stable platform to get ball in and out of when Rhodri Jones came on, possibly the Irish replacements too? Was like Adam and his compatriots got replaced by people who actually wanted to scrum and not flop around in the mud.
Still annoyed at how badly we played. Kearneys laughing at the end did leave a bit of a bad taste in my mouth though... Not all that sure if Ireland have the goods for a grandslam though. They were excellent at 10 man rugby against us, but they'll need a bit more I reckon to win away to England and France!

Coming into the 6 Nations, I wasn't a huge fan of Peter O'Mahony. He's clearly talented if he knuckles down but the player who turned up for Ireland in the past frequently seagulled on the wing rather than doing a forwards job (taking up the mantle of Anthony Foley and Marcus Horan) and got involved in every single argument on the pitch (like Denis Leamy and, again, Marcus Horan). He seems to have gotten his act together recently and is putting together the sort of performances he's capable of. Stephen Ferris won't just waltz back into the side when he regains fitness. O'Mahony is a worthy competitior for the Ireland 6 jersey.

On Rob Kearney's behaviour after Paddy Jackson's try, I've no issue. He was standing up for a teammate after one of Liam Williams' patented cheap shots. Mike Phillips too was standing up for a teammate.

They were excellent at 10 man rugby against us, but they'll need a bit more I reckon to win away to England and France!
Joe Schmidt has said they practiced for bad weather and tailored their game plan to suit given the forecast yesterday was so poor. Yep, Ireland played uninventive 10 man rugby but when it's working so well, they'd have been stupid to change their mode of attack. I suspect they'll be more inclined to run at England's average 11-15 (average in comparison to Wales at any rate).

Joe Schmidt has said they practiced for bad weather and tailored their game plan to suit given the forecast yesterday was so poor. Yep, Ireland played uninventive 10 man rugby but when it's working so well, they'd have been stupid to change their mode of attack. I suspect they'll be more inclined to run at England's average 11-15 (average in comparison to Wales at any rate).

Schmidt was shrewd he had team prepared with plan A B and C but also in the way he used down week 2weeks ago to prepare Welsh with short turn around. And Snoop I've said it about Kidney and even recently in the "Leinster Bias" thing - it's a result business. If Schmidt has to play that way and grind out results then he will but I like the fact he's trying to make us unpredictable with variations of style

Anyone else notice how the scrum was actually went from being a mess to a relatively stable platform to get ball in and out of when Rhodri Jones came on, possibly the Irish replacements too? Was like Adam and his compatriots got replaced by people who actually wanted to scrum and not flop around in the mud.
Still annoyed at how badly we played. Kearneys laughing at the end did leave a bit of a bad taste in my mouth though... Not all that sure if Ireland have the goods for a grandslam though. They were excellent at 10 man rugby against us, but they'll need a bit more I reckon to win away to England and France!

After the match Schmidt said that gameplan was made with the predicted weather in mind and specifically. I doubt we'll go crazy expansive but you can guarantee it's going to change, for one in terms of our kicking game I expect to see a lot more grubbers in behind against England.

EDIT: Looks like I was definitely beaten to that one!

Umm, what? Not sure you really know what you're talking about or if you've watched any of the current England back 3 mate. They've been the most dangerous out of any back 3 in the tournament so far. Brown was the best You once said that Twelvetrees would be the worst 12 in the rabo, had no idea where you got that from especially as hes gone on to achieve national/British Lions honours

I reckon we'll see something closer to the AB's game in terms of style for England. I have faith that Joe will come up with a game-plan that targets England's weaknesses, he probably already has something.

Latest posts