• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2014 Super Rugby: Hurricanes vs Highlanders (Round 14)

Fekitoa is doing himself a few favours though....

Fekitoa is doing himself a few favours though....

Certainly is!

Thought the Highlanders were unlucky to get penalised at that maul, thought the Hurricanes split up...

Barrett might be heading off soon by the looks of it.

Parker lucky there. Stupid Jeff Wilson asking what's he supposed to do in that situation... Not grab the player in the air!

Parker lucky there. Stupid Jeff Wilson asking what's he supposed to do in that situation... Not grab the player in the air!

To be fair I don't think he was really trying to tackle Savea - he competing in the air. It was probably dangerous though, so the penalty was the correct decision in my opinion.

Anyways.... Try to Perenara - good pressure by him on Smith.

Ben Smith looking dangerous... we need to give him more ball....

EDIT: Hopefully (for the AB's sake) Barrett's injury is not too serious...

To be fair I don't think he was really trying to tackle Savea - he competing in the air. It was probably dangerous though, so the penalty was the correct decision in my opinion.

Anyways.... Try to Perenara - good pressure by him on Smith.

Ben Smith looking dangerous... we need to give him more ball....

EDIT: Hopefully (for the AB's sake) Barrett's injury is not too serious...

I don't think he initially tried to tackle him either, but he certainly wrapped his arms around him after he failed to win the ball.

Anyone else completely perplexed the the TMO's decision for that try? I don't necessarily disagree with awarding it (thought it was 50/50 whether or not he touched the ball), but it certainly wasn't knocked backwards by the Hurricanes?

Good game so far lots of good rugby, just a lack of finishing costing both teams, Fekitoa looking strong, was lucky with that left hand side defensive lapse that he had speed to get back.

Jane looking good, really trying to be everywhere, Taylor is quiet by his last few weeks standards.

Ben Smith had a good 1st half also.

Hopefully Barrets injury is not too bad, best to rest him next week against the Chiefs to ensure it is right :)

Coltman giving Harris the #3 spot at this rate.

Anyone else completely perplexed the the TMO's decision for that try? I don't necessarily disagree with awarding it (thought it was 50/50 whether or not he touched the ball), but it certainly wasn't knocked backwards by the Hurricanes?

I thought he knocked the arm of Smith, 50/50 on if he touched it, either way it looked to go straight down onto the 8's foot / heel and then go towards the Highlanders line.

I don't think he initially tried to tackle him either, but he certainly wrapped his arms around him after he failed to win the ball.

I think the TMO just said the wrong thing - I assume he was implying that it was knocked back by the Highlanders, but said yellow instead of blue by accident...

Plenty of running from both sides, but not many breaks. I feel the Highlanders have actually had the edge in the loose-forwards - Christie and Manu have been superb. If Barrett goes off I reckon the Highlanders may be able to sneak a victory here....

EDIT: I don't think Coltman has been too bad either - there was one lineout not straight and he missed a jumper in one other? I like Harris, but his lineout work is far from perfect. Coltman's work-rate around the field has been superb - he's made a number of crucial tackles too....

Last edited:
I think the Highlanders have certainly defended around the ruck well (certainly much better than last week!). Their attack has been pretty stagnant except during broken play.

I feel like the Hurricanes need to sling it wide more, those cross field kicks have worked well too.

They should've scored there. A drop goal is better than nothing, but they had a couple of opportunities until Parker cut back in then Smith did the same thing going the other way.

I hope the Canes continue to kick away all their attacking opportunities...

Clear obstruction there. Should be no try.

Good call by a TMO for a change :)

Nasi Manu has been a BEAST all game. Has Vito even been playing?

Latest posts