• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2014 U20 Six Nations

The Wales games are televised. Wales v Italy is being shown on BBC2W tonight. Unsure is S4C will pick up some of the games.

What time is kick off? And probably not, Beeb tend to pick up all the friday night game, don't think I've ever seen S4C with one on a friday.

Paddys vs Jocks tonight. How do ye see the game going? Is the Irish team better than last years team?

The weather could be a factor tonight. It was peeing down all morning although ment to clear up in the afternoon. Will probably be windy and a heavy pitch.

That Peter Robb guy is humongous!! At first I thought this was an up to date pic of him

INPHO_00327855.jpg

I had the biggest wtf face on me thinking how this guy was going to cope.

I had to laugh at that picture! Its like a 9 year old vs a 14 year old. :D

On the subject of weight and profiles. Robb is 16.5st or 104KGs according to his profile on Irish rugby so not humongous like Jamie Roberts but then that could be out of date because by looking at him I would guess he is heavier considering he is 6'3. The profiles are not up to date because O'Donoghue (No 8) is listed at 14st6, the same weight he was when he entered the Munster academy 2 years ago and since then he has gotten a lot bigger.

Paddys vs Jocks tonight. How do ye see the game going? Is the Irish team better than last years team?

There seems to be more of a hype wagon going on about elements of this team than there was last year. Out of the guys on show, the back five of the scrum in particular seem to have big, big things expected.

Mindyou, piecing things together from the intarwebs, next year could be quite special for you guys.

Next year should be very special overall especially the backs. However if people think this year is overloaded with Leinster then they'll explode upon seeing next years squad.

I'm not just saying this stuff because it's my year either. ;)

We should win tonight IMO. We need to make the best of the 6N given we won't have Leavy at the WC.

Next year should be very special overall especially the backs. However if people think this year is overloaded with Leinster then they'll explode upon seeing next years squad.

I'm not just saying this stuff because it's my year either. ;)

We should win tonight IMO. We need to make the best of the 6N given we won't have Leavy at the WC.

Why not?

Also, it's one thing to give out when there's 18 kids from one province and 2 from another despite the two drawing in the Interpros, and another when the comparative age group results show total domination, as they did at U18 level. Will be interesting to see how it stands next year.

The Wales games are televised. Wales v Italy is being shown on BBC2W tonight. Unsure is S4C will pick up some of the games.

I do find it weird how some things are shown just on Welsh TV that nobody else in the UK can watch. Unless BBC Wales is entirely funded by Welsh people, it should be available for everyone.

Why not?

Also, it's one thing to give out when there's 18 kids from one province and 2 from another despite the two drawing in the Interpros, and another when the comparative age group results show total domination, as they did at U18 level. Will be interesting to see how it stands next year.

He needs a surgery and Leinster want him to have it in the summer. I don't think it's widely known but unless something changes it's the definite plan at the mment.

Yeah I know but in case you haven't noticed people can tend to drop rationality when things like this happens.

I had to laugh at that picture! Its like a 9 year old vs a 14 year old. :D

On the subject of weight and profiles. Robb is 16.5st or 104KGs according to his profile on Irish rugby so not humongous like Jamie Roberts but then that could be out of date because by looking at him I would guess he is heavier considering he is 6'3. The profiles are not up to date because O'Donoghue (No 8) is listed at 14st6, the same weight he was when he entered the Munster academy 2 years ago and since then he has gotten a lot bigger.

Haha yeah it's funny too considering the bigger fella looks to be having a huge amount of trouble and Robb has an effortless smirk coming through :p

I'm actually pretty interested to see how he goes. Size tends to make a big impact at this level so it'll be interesting to see if he's a threat this evening. Always exciting to watch and try guess who has the makings to do well professionally.

Is that Samson Lee playing at 3 for Wales?
EDIT: Nope it's Nicky Thomas, looks like him!

Absolutely ******* rain in Athlone. 6-0 to Ireland with 23 minutes gone.

EDIT: 30 gone 13-0 try from O'Donoghue. If this was dry we'd be up by a good bit I'd say. Dominating most aspects just handling in the weather letting us down.

EDIT EDIT: Half time 20-0 with a try on the half from Peadar Timmins. Ross Byrne very impressive as is the scrum.

Last edited:
Paddies 20-0 Jocks at half time.

Scotland a bit unlucky with that scoreline. They were up near the Ireland line a few times. Total domination from Irelands scrum, even pushing the Scots off their own ball.

Ben Roach looks a decent player. Italy defence holding out against an onslaught of Welsh attacks. Great game considering the conditions.

11-9 HT.

Must say the officiating in the Wales game is poor. Italy also have a very negative gameplan. But the boys playing well despite the slippery conditions.

Oh and Daf Howells looks a bit lost at times on that wing.

I've made my own drinking game, drink every time the ball is knocked on within the 22.

The backs are hardly getting any ball. They must be freezing.

Must say the officiating in the Wales game is poor. Italy also have a very negative gameplan. But the boys playing well despite the slippery conditions.

Pretty sure the refs are told to be extremely strict during the U20/18 etc games.
This guy is going a bit far though, epitomised by the penalising of the Italian Tight Head in the first half, about 1/10th of a second after saying 'release'

He must of heard you.

Latest posts