• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] 2nd Warm Up Match: Wales vs Ireland (29/08/2015)

Rumours are we won't be putting out full strength but will be strong.
Fully expect Paulie to start as its his last game at Aviva for Ireland.
Sexton O'Mahony and Murray desperately need time.
Trimble and Moore under pressure to play and Bent needs time at tight head.
I'm expecting McGrath & Kilcoyne will play half each and centre selection will be interesting.

Rumoured team:
Kearney
Earls
Luke Fitz
Henshaw
Dave K
Sexton
Murray
Heaslip
Murphy
O'Mahony
Paulie
Henderson
White
Strauss
McGrath

Last edited:
This is the team being reported

15. Rob Kearney
14. Keith Earls
13. Luke Fitzgerald
12. Robbie Henshaw
11. Dave Kearney
10. Johnny Sexton
9. Conor Murray
1. Jack McGrath
2. Richardt Strauss
3. Nathan White
4. Iain Henderson
5. Paul O’Connell
6. Peter O’Mahony
7. Jordi Murphy
8. Jamie Heaslip

Wales team:

1 Jenkins
2 Owens
3 Francis
4 Davies
5 Jones
6 Lydiate
7 Tipuric
8 Faletau
9 Webb
10 Biggar
11 Roberts
12 Williams
13 North
14 Cuthbert
15 Halfpenny

Subs: Amos, Priestland, Davies, King, Charteris, Jarvis, James, Baldwin

Very serious side from Wales - excited and nervous at the same time. Tom Francis needs to have a big first game and Cuthbert has a lot to prove. No Warburton, guessing he's either picked up an injury or they wanted to give Tipuric a run out with Lydiate and give King a shot.

strong side from Wales.

CNaRK2eUwAA3Igc.jpg

This is the team being reported

15. Rob Kearney
14. Keith Earls
13. Luke Fitzgerald
12. Robbie Henshaw
11. Dave Kearney
10. Johnny Sexton
9. Conor Murray
1. Jack McGrath
2. Richardt Strauss
3. Nathan White
4. Iain Henderson
5. Paul O'Connell
6. Peter O'Mahony
7. Jordi Murphy
8. Jamie Heaslip

Interesting to see Earles on the wing - has he played there much before? And Dave Kearney too, can't remember the last time I saw him starting for Ireland. Good front row to test Wales as well, will be watching the scrum very nervously! Should be a cracking game, two very strong teams there.

Jaysssssus what a strong Welsh side. I'm going to the match so it's good that I'll hopefully get to see what should be a good game. Now to see who Ireland pick.

Delighted to see Amos get a shot on the big stage.

Interesting to see Earles on the wing - has he played there much before? And Dave Kearney too, can't remember the last time I saw him starting for Ireland. Good front row to test Wales as well, will be watching the scrum very nervously! Should be a cracking game, two very strong teams there.

I'd say Earls has probably played the bulk of his rugby at wing, just a lot of the high profile matches have come elsewhere.

Kearney is apparently tearing it up in training. Would have probably never got anywhere near Ireland without every other winger in Ireland basically phoning in sick in the first place mind - I'm expecting something special for him to have merited this start.

Fitzgerald at 13:

http://www.the42.ie/ireland-starting-xv-wales-fitzgerald-13-2295101-Aug2015

reland (v Scotland):

15. Rob Kearney
14. Dave Kearney
13. Luke Fitzgerald
12. Robbie Henshaw
11. Keith Earls
10. Johnny Sexton
9. Conor Murray
1. Jack McGrath
2. Richardt Strauss
3. Nathan White
4. Iain Henderson
5. Paul O'Connell (captain)
6. Peter O'Mahony
7. Jordi Murphy
8. Jamie Heaslip
Replacements:
16. Sean Cronin
17. Dave Kilcoyne
18. Tahdg Furlong
19. Donnacha Ryan
20. Sean O'Brien
21. Eoin Reddan
22. Paddy Jackson
23. Felix Jones

Love that backline.

Also great to hear Healy is back training and Moore is out of the moonboot today.

Henshaw and Fitzgerald could tear it up has a nice balance to it, however given the way we play I doubt we'll see a lot of them. Really excited about this game now both teams are announced and are for the most par first choice.

Delighted to see Amos get a shot on the big stage.

I'd say Earls has probably played the bulk of his rugby at wing, just a lot of the high profile matches have come elsewhere.

Kearney is apparently tearing it up in training. Would have probably never got anywhere near Ireland without every other winger in Ireland basically phoning in sick in the first place mind - I'm expecting something special for him to have merited this start.

i was wondering about that about Earls too, if he plays half as well on the wing as he did at centre in last game he'll be one to watch

Both strong teams, should be a cracker. i just worry that we are fielding too many of our 'starters'. if anyone picks up a knock we could be in trouble

Not really, 3 warm ups is about standard for us!

We did more or less the same 4 years ago - back to back games vs England and a home game against Argentina to finish it off.

We did play the Ospreys behind closed doors after the 1st Ireland game.

- - - Updated - - -

Not happy with Priestland being in the squad, just praying he doesn't get in the final squad, much rather see Nipper in.

We did play the Ospreys behind closed doors after the 1st Ireland game.

- - - Updated - - -

Not happy with Priestland being in the squad, just praying he doesn't get in the final squad, much rather see Nipper in.

cant imagine that was much of a test for the wales team though as the main spine of them are also the spine of the ospreys lol, AWJ, Biggar, webb, tips, king.

Rumours are we won't be putting out full strength but will be strong.
Fully expect Paulie to start as its his last game at Aviva for Ireland.
Sexton O'Mahony and Murray desperately need time.
Trimble and Moore under pressure to play and Bent needs time at tight head.
I'm expecting McGrath & Kilcoyne will play half each and centre selection will be interesting.

Rumoured team:
Kearney
Earls
Luke Fitz
Henshaw
Dave K
Sexton
Murray
Heaslip
Murphy
O'Mahony
Paulie
Henderson
White
Strauss
McGrath

Is that not your best team? who else do you have to come in?!?!

Latest posts