• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 Six Nations] France vs Scotland (Round 1)

Just incase you guys wanted to know this was my reaction when i saw Jim Hamilton on the bench

tumblr_inline_n6w2p6YTO51solpjm.gif

@TRF_Olyy thanks for helping me put the table in the middle off the page, could you tell me how to do it so i don't need to always ask you to put it in the middle again thanks :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't :lol:
I had a go but it wasn't adhering to any of the rules, so I just left it as is. It's still showing on the left on my screen.

Strong Scotland side. The only difference I might have gone for had be been fit would have been to have Maitland in ahead of Visser and Seymour on the left and possibly Ryan Grant in ahead of Dickinson. Slightly concerned about the possible lack of strenth in the replacements though. If Maitland were fit he'd be perfect as he can cover full back as well as the wing. We're also obviously also missing a few players in Ashe, Denton, and Barcalay and Brown for some reason haven't been called up. This is however a matter of opinion and of course all very subjective.

Seeing as I've been able to organise flights to Paris and tickets to the game this is one I'm very much looking forward to. Looking forward to a (hopefully) celebratory beer in the Auld Alliance Scottish pub in Paris after the game all going well.

Last edited:
Really looking forward to seeing what feels like the next step for Scotland, it would be great to see you do well this tournament - after last years lack of cohesiveness and ability to get the set piece going I predict some good scores from Scotland.

@ImScotty, edit the post and select 'full editor'.
Click somewhere on the table and then click the icon saying 'table properties' (bottom row of icons, second from left). Under the pop-up menu, select centre under 'alignment;. Save the post.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess this will really show the impact Cotter has had on Scotland. I suspect it will be more than I previously predicted. If Scotland play like Glasgow have, we could see some exciting rugby, a nice change from Scotlands old tactics of simply turning the game into a grind. Hope to see good play from this new Scotland.

First time in a while people of Scotland will be looking forward to 6 Nations for right reasons that they maybe able to do well, different brand of Rugby has done them a world of good and be interesting to see how they get on away in France. I think it will be a close match up though and maybe France will edge it being at home but do believe Scotland can win it.

Be good to see Scotland making a good go of it again and pushing the usual three at top.

I guess this will really show the impact Cotter has had on Scotland. I suspect it will be more than I previously predicted. If Scotland play like Glasgow have, we could see some exciting rugby, a nice change from Scotlands old tactics of simply turning the game into a grind. Hope to see good play from this new Scotland.
Scottish rugby are in a good shape atm, Both Edinburgh and Glasgow are playing well and the players from abroad who play for Scotland are also doing well and we have a very experienced coach, so i'd love to see a surprise on the board but it will be close but i hope the game goes Scotland's way so for my hope i'm going to say Scotland by +2 very close.

Looking at both off the starting XV there does seem to be some interesting match ups. Speeding vs Hogg at fullback will be an exciting battle or in overall the back 3 will be a close battle too.

Even though i am no fan of PSA you can't just pick anyone because you dont like Tales, Parra is only just getting back from injury that is why he is on the bench if think, i am not a lover either of Tales but on the bench he is a safe bet the above mentioned have little International experience bar Beauxis who is just too old too fat and too slow, and no way would PSA throw someone with little or no experience into the 6Nations in that position that is something he has learned !!!!!!!!, i can understand your fustration you are not on your own but this match has to be won and for once i have to agree with PSA as FTD is still injured. I hope Mermoz at 10 was a joke !!!!!!!!

Beauxis has been playing really well recently, surprisingly adapting himself to Bordeaux-Bègles' attacking style and can neither be fat or slow anymore (even though his Toulouse form could justify these attributes). Just watch this play: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSbdk8DQy5c , incisive break of the line and chistera for the try. He may be old but is 1 year younger than Talès and has more French team caps, Talès having 13 to his name... With his monster boot, he is also one to come off the bench and control the score.
Nonetheless, there is no sense in picking the 30 year old fly half of the top 14's last ranked team instead of the 23 year old n.10 of the top 14's leader, Plisson, who started the last 6 Nations' first game.
Mermoz has made a few occasional stints at fly-half recently with Toulon, following injuries, certainly has more vista than Talès, just a way of saying that we have options.
Interestingly, PSA has spoken of turning Parra into a 9/10 option coming off the bench, enabling us to have another forward or center on the match sheet, so Talès may not be needed anymore very soon.

I didn't :lol:
I had a go but it wasn't adhering to any of the rules, so I just left it as is. It's still showing on the left on my screen.

Christ. An administrator and everything.

I am looking forward to this game. As I finish work in about an hour then I am on the 0930 from Waverley up to London to get the Eurostar to Paris for this game with my dad (1st of 3 games I should be going to). If we play like we did in the autumn internationals we should hopefully come away from Paris with a good result.

Best game of the weekend so far: two twams on the raise, both willing to demonstrate something, one of them with great players and the other one with great coach.

I'm going with France on this one, although Scotland awakens great sympathies in me.

Latest posts